• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sage brushed twill rivets arrived. They are at least 1 full size larger than every other pair of rivets I have, but the same tagged size.

anyone else notice this?

i'm the only one?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Thanks. Looks like it's gonna be Indigo & Sage. My sweaty Italian legs can't deal with denim above 75 degrees or so. What do you think - horn or MOP? Madras seems like a match to MOP, generally, but I'm thinking the horn might be a nice way to really tie the shirt into earth tone territory.

Lol I’m with you, I think I’ve managed to wear shorts five days a week for the past three years.

I’m gonna go with MOP for that fabric, it’s pretty understated and could be dressed up under a jacket. The MOP buttons make that easier.. plus they’re a baller and unexpected detail on a fabric like this.

Standing with my Seiko brothers:
I recently picked up an skx033 after warily eyeing off many eBay auctions from the Philippines. Finally picked one up from a guy in my area and I don't think I've taken it off since. View attachment 1144026

Love it! That bezel is great.

I mark important moments in time with watches; graduations, weddings, birth of children, etc. Today’s watch is my wedding gift from my wife. It’s an Air-King (114200) from the year we got married (2009).

I am reasonably small wristed and prefer a smaller, more classic dial. At first I thought I would prefer one of the mid-sized watches in the Rolex lineup (Sub, GMT, Milgauss, etc.), but when I found this specific watch with its 34mm dial, I was all in.

View attachment 1144027

Tomorrow will be the watch I bought celebrating my youngest’s birth.

That Air-King is stunning, I think it’s a really under appreciated model.

Despite having more clothes than one person can logically wear in a year, I find myself to be strictly monogamous when it comes to watches. My hands are a complete freak show (6 inch wrists, size 6.5 ring finger, but with a 9.5 inch spread from pinky tip to thumb tip), so a watch that is remotely balanced on my wrist is a rare find.

View attachment 1144096
I've also learned that it is helpful to start 'em young:
View attachment 1144097

Lol I don’t get to hear “freak show” applied to hands all that often but I love that Nomos... definitely admired it in photos before

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a one-watch dude, and with a college-spawn and two more in that zone over the next ~8 years, I don't see myself with anything more than my old-school (and pretty beat) Hamilton:
MEnW9DV.jpg

ErikW

Reaction score
Quick shoutout to Epaulet for making some of the best kicks on the planet. I've had these unfinished horsehide trainers for the last couple of years. They're my go-to for vacations and have quite literally traveled around the world with me. Highly recommended - on a related note, very excited about my incoming pair of ghost horsehide trainers.
20190315_093414.jpg
20190315_115304.jpg

mike2

Reaction score
Sorry to distract from the watch discussion, but I wonder if anyone could provide some advice on EP shirt sizing? I wear a 42 in the Sinclair, 44 in the Doyle (in which I like the looser fit), 38 in EZ pants. I was looking at the measurements and comparing to shirts I own, mostly medium or large, and coming up with XL or XXL for Epaulet. That can't be right, can it?

This page has been bad enough for my wallet and now you're going to start making me want a nice watch. Anyway, contributing :) Which, keeping this thread-relevant, includes some Epaulet corduroy sinclair.

1.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so the watch convo is not something I can contribute to, since I only own two which are completely unremarkable: a Sea-Gull flywheel and a Burberry branded quartz that looks dressy enough to wear with suits when I need to. Even though I've spent enough dough at EP alone (not to mention Alden, Allen Edmonds, Carmina) to cover several relatively nice ones (well, nice for folks of NORMAL means, not a Patek or anything), I just can't get past the psychological barrier of plopping down multiple thousands on an accessory that I barely use most of the time I even wear it. And I guess it's for the very best that I don't fall down this particular rabbit hole, as the my shoe habit alone is hard enough to justify as it is..

I do enjoy seeing everyone else's photos, though.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw got my dark crystal wash Gitman oxford and a pair of the heavy olive twill jungle pants just now. The fabric on those pants is heavy and rugged AF. Makes me feel like I’m ready for an actual safari. Great job on these, Mike. I’m looking forward to breaking them in and beating them up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads