• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The original EP Blake stitched Chelsea boots.

Never wiped, never sprayed, never cleaned, in all their wrinkly indigo stained glory.

A2782A1F-BE32-4E83-BED5-64D2D9A871C1.jpeg

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sage brushed twill rivets arrived. They are at least 1 full size larger than every other pair of rivets I have, but the same tagged size.

anyone else notice this?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - That OysterQuartz is pretty awesome. I collect and buy/sell/trade watches but primarily go for divers from Seiko and Sinn and a few microbrands but getting an old Datejust has really been appealing to me lately and the OysterQuartz is one that's been on my radar.

Did Epaulet do a collab with MKII at some point back in the past? I have a handful of watches from MKII and as far as microbrands go, their quality and attention to detail is absolutely phenomenal. I'd love to get my hands on one of those Vantages that MKII did for you guys. If you ever find a NOS piece sitting around somewhere...

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My daily go to watch is from MKII, which Epaulet did a collab with years ago, and I own that watch as well [I bought it from Mike in 2012, the year my son was born and will give to my son as a birthday gift when he joins the adult world, say 21 or 22. whatever adult is these days].

so here's my daily watch, MKII Hawkinge with date. I love mechanical watches, especially pilot watches, and i have to have the date complication, it's mandatory for any watch I buy. This watch is not too big, i have small wrists and like watches 40 mm or smaller. MKII watches offer great value if you are looking for an automatic watch in the sub $800 range, especially if you don't want to deal with Ebay, international shipping, etc. All of their product ships from PA. The owner, Bill Yao, lives not far from my office and has become a good friend. He puts so much time and attention into his product and stands behind it like any great small biz owner. I'm thinking about getting the new Cruxible pilot watch from MKII this year and will have a spare Hawkinge for sale at a great price. If you are interested, send me a message!
IMG_9441 2.JPG

stevenkmason

Reaction score
My daily wear is this Orient Blue Mako. It has a lot of sentimental value as it’s the first gift my wife ever got me when we were dating. I love it and I’ll never replace it. I might swap out the crystal for a domed, blue tinted one though. On a Guarded Goods shrunken bison button stud that matches my wallet. Also happen to be wearing Epaulet today. I don’t know how you guys get good wrist shots without reflections!

97F2EB7F-802B-4B35-A265-54AAFF7CEC00.jpeg

0B9A67D5-A197-42A9-96F4-90C0B20A542B.jpeg

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have been doing Kennedy sock collabs with Mike for a bit now, including the latest custom "be humble" which I personally loved. I have a quick Kennedy public service announcement:

Kennedy sock short crew 2 pack. We had a recent batch of socks ship to us that had a slightly shorter leg than normal - a new knitter at the mill used a stronger nylon in the leg than he was supposed to. the goods are first quality, the fit in the foot is the same, there is nothing at all wrong with them, but the leg is about 1" shorter than the normal Kennedy sock and the welt is a little smaller. Honestly, it looks amazing with sneakers, some might prefer the slightly shorter look to the regular Kennedy. the good news is this: the two pack is $25, shipped. The Kennedy sock is stupid comfortable and knit from Supima cotton, when guys buy one they usually come back and buy all the colors we have. It's that kind of product.
https://www.americantrench.com/products/exclusive-sample-kennedy-quarter-crew-2-pack-final-sale

kennedy quarter crew 2-pack webhi.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daily wear is this Orient Blue Mako. It has a lot of sentimental value as it’s the first gift my wife ever got me when we were dating. I love it and I’ll never replace it. I might swap out the crystal for a domed, blue tinted one though. On a Guarded Goods shrunken bison button stud that matches my wallet. Also happen to be wearing Epaulet today. I don’t know how you guys get good wrist shots without reflections!

View attachment 1143769

View attachment 1143770
Matches nicely with the indigo sashiko!

Here is my daily wearer, a 214270 that my wife bought me for my 30th birthday. It is understated and can be dressed up or down, which is why I like it.
15525758243935870649498402475938.jpg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is my daily wearer, a 214270 that my wife bought me for my 30th birthday. It is understated and can be dressed up or down, which is why I like it.
View attachment 1143780

That’s pretty much the perfect Rolex. Dresses both ways. Doesn’t cost as much as a car, and is a design that will never get old or outdated.
Of course I like other Rolex’s better, but I’d likely buy this model as my first one.

tkliebert

Reaction score
I liked the idea of buying a watch to pass on to my kids one day. I themed them for each kid.

My oldest daughter was born on St Patrick’s day which gave me a good excuse to buy this guy and start the trend. My wife was not amused I bought a “push present” for myself. I made sure I took care of her first.
6C464C6E-DE0B-4F22-AD95-EF82206AB4CD.jpeg

My son was due on July 4th, but eventually came on July 6th. Which was still close enough for me to buy this one in red, white, and blue
B95B13A5-A191-4C71-A1E9-B5D8296FD61F.jpeg

My youngest daughter was born on National Talk Like A Pirate Day, so I went all black with the no date sub, because pirates don’t really need to be concerned about the date. I currently have it on an alligator strap in honor of Captain Hook and Tick Toc Croc.
493798BF-B5A5-4917-8A61-EA5C0BA22BF1.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty much the perfect Rolex. Dresses both ways. Doesn’t cost as much as a car, and is a design that will never get old or outdated.
Of course I like other Rolex’s better, but I’d likely buy this model as my first one.
Which are your favorites?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which are your favorites?

So many... big fan of YG or steel/black/white dialed Daytona’s.

GMT2 steel/black variants. Really like 2 tone (16713?)

Also dig basic Subs.

3 watches posted above all beautiful.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrist shots! Cue George Costanza hand model GIFs.

Cool to learn about the MKII - which dates my latecomer awareness to sometime north of 2013 that there was this thing called #menswear and on this thing was a shop called Epaulet New York. Re watches churned through a learning process like everyone else. I started wearing newer Brit marques over the last 5+ years as my EDCs - Bremont in their more winning uncluttered, tool watch makeups, and Schofield for going all in on design as a principle itself. Vintage kits always had me in witting or unwitting competition with the scene around me, triggered a depthless sense of imposter syndrome. Conversely Halios Tropik bronze diver was my only flirtation w/ price is nice microbrands, but I'm really liking the work of Orion Watches, and Oak and Oscar now.

n.b. Bremont (And incidental EP content - mocha herringbone sinclair, burgundy IS flannel - which I think will retire for the season as of today, 70f and all that)

A4C95FCE-DF75-4A76-BEBB-946F922F831E.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - That OysterQuartz is pretty awesome. I collect and buy/sell/trade watches but primarily go for divers from Seiko and Sinn and a few microbrands but getting an old Datejust has really been appealing to me lately and the OysterQuartz is one that's been on my radar.

Did Epaulet do a collab with MKII at some point back in the past? I have a handful of watches from MKII and as far as microbrands go, their quality and attention to detail is absolutely phenomenal. I'd love to get my hands on one of those Vantages that MKII did for you guys. If you ever find a NOS piece sitting around somewhere...

@Michigan Planner oh yes, I follow your IG account... you have an awesome collection of watches! I really dig Seiko and Sinn divers.

And yes, we ran a custom edition of the MKII Vantage.. which is kind of a Rolex Explorer homage. Our collab had a red seconds hand. There was a great write up on it back in the day.

My daily go to watch is from MKII, which Epaulet did a collab with years ago, and I own that watch as well [I bought it from Mike in 2012, the year my son was born and will give to my son as a birthday gift when he joins the adult world, say 21 or 22. whatever adult is these days].

so here's my daily watch, MKII Hawkinge with date. I love mechanical watches, especially pilot watches, and i have to have the date complication, it's mandatory for any watch I buy. This watch is not too big, i have small wrists and like watches 40 mm or smaller. MKII watches offer great value if you are looking for an automatic watch in the sub $800 range, especially if you don't want to deal with Ebay, international shipping, etc. All of their product ships from PA. The owner, Bill Yao, lives not far from my office and has become a good friend. He puts so much time and attention into his product and stands behind it like any great small biz owner. I'm thinking about getting the new Cruxible pilot watch from MKII this year and will have a spare Hawkinge for sale at a great price. If you are interested, send me a message!
View attachment 1143754

@jah786 love it.. Bill Yao is a great guy. Post up a pic of that Vantage when you have a sec.

View attachment 1143769

@stevenkmason Orient is a really underrated brand IMO. I actually sold their stock models at our Brooklyn shop for a year. Looks really nice on that strap!

View attachment 1143770

View attachment 1143780

@jischwar agreed, the Explorer is basically the perfect "one watch." A customer a few weeks ago came in with one on an ostrich strap is it looked fantastic.

I liked the idea of buying a watch to pass on to my kids one day. I themed them for each kid.

My oldest daughter was born on St Patrick’s day which gave me a good excuse to buy this guy and start the trend. My wife was not amused I bought a “push present” for myself. I made sure I took care of her first.
View attachment 1143791

My son was due on July 4th, but eventually came on July 6th. Which was still close enough for me to buy this one in red, white, and blue
View attachment 1143793

My youngest daughter was born on National Talk Like A Pirate Day, so I went all black with the no date sub, because pirates don’t really need to be concerned about the date. I currently have it on an alligator strap in honor of Captain Hook and Tick Toc Croc.
View attachment 1143792

@tkliebert lol I love the thematic subs here. Those first two have gone up SO much in value over the past few years. I owned both... maybe paid $3k for a Pepsi and $5k for the green anniversary one. Sadly traded out both of them afterwards. I love the gator strap on that No Date black Sub too.

I've had a Baume & Mercier Classima for 4 years now and I love it. B&M doesn't get a lot of love from watch fanatics for their movement, but it's kept really accurate time and the look is exactly what I wanted. It's understated, elegant and doesn't look out of place with just about any style of clothing.

View attachment 1143836

@Duke Silver really handsome dial on that... I dig those vertical lines in the center

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads