• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FD8636DC-BB76-4242-B8DF-92A204AEF4C0.jpeg

For my more conservative moods.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually haven't received any newsletters since before the holidays either.

I haven't received any since before the holidays as well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@trig @Sartorium would you guys mind PM'ing me your email address when you get a chance, I definitely want to look into that. I know that there's some new integration between Shopify (our store hosting) and Mailchimp (our newsletter platform), I'll check to see if something is amiss with our lists.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@trig @Sartorium would you guys mind PM'ing me your email address when you get a chance, I definitely want to look into that. I know that there's some new integration between Shopify (our store hosting) and Mailchimp (our newsletter platform), I'll check to see if something is amiss with our lists.

If I sign up again can I get 10% off? :p

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SW jacket rotation is far more modest than, ahem, others’, but nevertheless I have pieces that I enjoy quite a bit:

Camel hair, piacenza cashmere, windowpane tweed:

286E3DB2-156F-4EAB-B6CB-F57F8965DC1A.jpeg

REDA navy hopsack and REDA Milano Check:

71FD26A3-E9E1-414D-A1E3-D47BF4434A32.jpeg

wakawaka

Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike sir - I intend to grab the Undyed Super Heavyweight Tweed - in the form of trousers. I (and my freezing butt) really want to make this whole thing work!... Could you please tell me whether it would make more sense to have the said trousers made as Nico, or as Taylor in your opinion? I have a slight feeling that the thickness of the fabric could be problematic with Nico's side-tabs. (I would choose Gable if I had the option, but that is totally unavailable with Southwick as I believe... Or is it? :puzzled:)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike sir - I intend to grab the Undyed Super Heavyweight Tweed - in the form of trousers. I (and my freezing butt) really want to make this whole thing work!... Could you please tell me whether it would make more sense to have the said trousers made as Nico, or as Taylor in your opinion? I have a slight feeling that the thickness of the fabric could be problematic with Nico's side-tabs. (I would choose Gable if I had the option, but that is totally unavailable with Southwick as I believe... Or is it? :puzzled:)

I bought that fabric and went with the Taylor. I have a really really heavy Harris Tweed from a run maybe 5 or 6 years ago and they have sidetabs but they are not nearly as functional as sidetabs I have on lighter weight trousers. I would imagine that they would be even less functional on this 25oz fabric, plus, that boucle texture seems like it would just make it even more difficult to move through the little buckles.

I wish southwick offered the sidetabs that use buttons and a little bit of elastic.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, two quick things:

1) SASHIKO HAS CLEARED CUSTOMS. Should be in our hands by the end of the week and getting put into work shortly after that.

2) Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about their newsletter receipts... I'm working through that with Mailchimp and getting to the bottom of it.

My SW jacket rotation is far more modest than, ahem, others’, but nevertheless I have pieces that I enjoy quite a bit:

Camel hair, piacenza cashmere, windowpane tweed:

View attachment 1106233

REDA navy hopsack and REDA Milano Check:

View attachment 1106232

@peppercorn78 really fantastic!!

@wakawaka great choice, that's going to be an incredible pant in the cold weather!

I'd say the Taylor. I'm pretty sure that side-tabs won't be possible with this cloth, it's going to have to be belt loops. Its gonna be insane!!!

That heavyweight is a beast. Love it.

@katch yeah it's so great. We've now sold about 12 pants in it, which is crazy. I'm positive that we are the only Southwick vendor to ever sell a pant in something like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads