• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lbrig

Reaction score
Would love to see a thick stitch submariner sweater in all sorts of colors

5G161PBnat.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike you know your market but I think a long sleeve polo would be well received (I'm imagining Eidos style) as well as short sleeved if met a biz cas vibe.

To your point, more casual clothes and you face a lot of competition with brands that have built or are building a loyal base. Personally Epaulet has been and continues to be my go-to for work gear for many reasons, but for weekend wear I'm mostly in John Elliott, UniformLA, Aime and there are a slew of others out there.

Just my 02...keep killing it and looking forward to whatever new products you bring. I still constantly wear my indigo dyed terry crew and hoodie, loop wheels, and short and long sleeve henleys.

@tricky thanks dude, and I think that you're right on the money with that. We're still anchored in biz-caz for most of our customers, so the knits should largely speak to that. We're at our best when we offer easy, versatile shapes in interesting fabrics and textures.

I got no word on OTR long-sleeved shirts unless the sleeves are customizable. I'll continue to invest in cool fabrics in the MTO stuff though. Bring it.

Rad, and thanks for all of your support so far! We're definitely going to expand on the custom shirting program next year. They'll be new fabrics, a cleaner/easier interface, a module to tweak the sizing down to small increments, and a roadmap for new clients of the program.

EPLA Indigo Dyed Pique Tee Distressed Always been a fan of this T shirt and fabric.

Maybe a long sleeve Henley in the same fabric sans chest pocket?

@metranger8694 good call, that was absolutely one of the best fabrics that we've ever run.

The indigo hoodies and sweaters in light and dark blue from a few years ago were great. Something like that would be welcomed. I still wear my hoodie all the time.

@cattitude word, I still wear the crewneck from that run as well. I think that's a distinguishing point.. that first collection was all over the place with sizing but had the best wash and dye treatment. The second was more consistent, but sort of boring. We'll see if we can connect those two.

I only bought one pair of sweatpants and one sweatshirt with the two-way talon zipper. I wish I had bought the discounted items, but I had just paid full price on the sweatshirt and didn't think it would need more than one. They are my favorite clothes for around the house. The sweatshirt is starting to show a lot of wear, including a hole in the sleeve, and the zipper fabric starting to separate from the sweatshirt. I would love the opportunity to buy more of both. I would just say, put the drawstring in the inside of the pants, instead of outside of the waistband. Otherwise they are both perfect.

@scurvyfreedman good call on all of that. I don't see us doing a plain fleece sweatpant, but I could definitely see a collection of awesome knit trousers if I can find really interesting fabrics for them. Something with a huge texture like a thick knit pique that's indigo dyed and pumice washed could make for a really rad pant.

@Epaulet RE knitwear: How about some thick baseball shirts in fun color combinations?

@NorthCoast love that idea!

Henley all the way. I had one indigo henley but I grew out of it. Bring back the henleys :). I'm down for some LS polos as well.

Henleys please

@chrispy650 @stevenkmason great suggestions.. this guy would approve!!

918d75f16c1378e807563bc4b37011f0.gif

I still get a lot of wear out of my sweatshirt, button-front cardigan. It's mostly around the house/walking the dog sort of wear, but I really like it as a super-casual jacket. Something like that with a button front, in a nicer fabric would be appealing. Especially if the collar changed to something that could be layered under another jacket. The baseball-style collar the original has doesn't really work under other things.

@Alarcon very cool, I liked that piece a lot. I think that I'll stay away from sweatshirt-ish cardigans.. seems like a zipper just works a lot better with that soft fleece, but I definitely want to develop some new sweater concepts for next Fall. We've probably run our course with Northern Watters, so it's time for something fresh. I'll be on the lookout at the trade shows in January.

Personally I’d stay way the hell away from basic knits such as white and black t-shirts. Sure you’ll sell some. But I think it’s pretty tough sleddin.

I think you’d have to do something different like a few of the ideas bring discussed.

And use that crazy dye house to differentiate. Maybe not the crystal wash but other alternatives to give these items a Cali vibe.

@CanadaCal great minds dude... I don't think that we can or want to compete in the basics biz. Simple wash and dye can set us apart though.

Strong yes on this.

Also, no one I'm aware of had made a henley that fits as well as the AA baby rib thermal henley (including no-longer-American AA): long, slim, curved hem, ribbed cuff, self placket, and a neck that stays open & in place without buttoning

@notwithit great tip.. thank you! I'll look for one of those.

I like the idea of a limited-run polo with some graphic artwork on it similar to what was done on those field jackets. They were unique and from a skilled artist and although my style definitely leans towards the old school conservative, I could see myself buying a polo like that once in a great while to have something "fun" if the fit works for me.

@Michigan Planner very cool. I definitely want to run some long sleeve graphic tees in the Spring, all of which would be done with named designers. Just some stuff that's fun and not too serious.

@Epaulet I certainly get how they're a hard sell, but I'd probably be in for a cashmere t in grey or indigo. Could you also use that fabric on a polo?

And the shawl collar Doyle hybrid would also probably be an instakop.

@Duke Silver very cool.. the cashmere tee thing is still just talk at this point, but could be something great down the road.

Last edited:

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Depending on the thickness of the material, I’d say henley mock neck. Sort of like a commando sweater.

If you do a polo, I vote for a button down or something other than a wide spread.

...Something like this from H Stockton but in a sturdy cotton with moleskin or another contrast texture for the collar and placket.
5517322792905_1_1024x1024.jpg

Or this

F691D458-F60E-4D29-ADEB-1B3D79D99FD7.jpeg

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
Crowdsourcing so I don't unintentionally hassle Adele and Mike:

For anyone sending in a return/refund, what's been your turnaround time after EP received the item in hand?

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.

thomasB

Reaction score
Expecting any more shipments of the Hertling single cuts anytime soon?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the Jeremy Dean Fatigue Jacket and the Golden Brown Tennis Trainers. Would love to see some pics in the wild if anyone has them handy

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would be a gamer for a lighter weight cotton layer made for a spring/fall application. Either a thin cashmere blended Henley or sashiko shaw cardigan. Fancy ****.

@Dusty Heaters both of those sound killer!

Crowdsourcing so I don't unintentionally hassle Adele and Mike:

For anyone sending in a return/refund, what's been your turnaround time after EP received the item in hand?

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.

@shabbytraddy my apologies, feel free to PM me with the item in question, we're just crazy snowed under with trying to get stuff out in time for Christmas receipt. It's been all hands on deck for shipping this past week.

Just pulled the trigger on the Jeremy Dean Fatigue Jacket and the Golden Brown Tennis Trainers. Would love to see some pics in the wild if anyone has them handy

@jischwar excellent.. you're gonna love them!

@Epaulet - is the heavy flannel chainstitch still happening? just checking

@avsmusic1 you bet dude, they might even be done the end of this week. We're getting some new denim and chambray variants too, and American Trench is going to have their own version

slows2k

Reaction score
@Epaulet :

I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I would LOVE to see a cotton shawl collared sweater like the sample one another member has on here from a couple years ago. I can't find the picture at the moment but I believe it was in a speckled cream/white cotton. Something in that color way or a grey or burgundy would be a sure thing from me.

On another note, my wife really likes my saddle couro chromo GATS from about 3 years ago, and wants a pair for herself. I know the leather is no longer an option but will there be a chance moving forward to custom order something in a similar colorway, and in women's sizes? She has quite a small foot.

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Roger that, PM sent.

@shabbytraddy my apologies, feel free to PM me with the item in question, we're just crazy snowed under with trying to get stuff out in time for Christmas receipt. It's been all hands on deck for shipping this past week.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leopard and waves coming my way. I resisted long enough

Alarcon

Reaction score
@Alarcon very cool, I liked that piece a lot. I think that I'll stay away from sweatshirt-ish cardigans.. seems like a zipper just works a lot better with that soft fleece, but I definitely want to develop some new sweater concepts for next Fall. We've probably run our course with Northern Watters, so it's time for something fresh. I'll be on the lookout at the trade shows in January.

Absolutely - I was suggesting using something other than sweatshirt fleece. I wear my sashiko jackets all the time and would love a cardigan-like piece in something similar to sashiko - woven, but really casual, pliable, and comfortable.

I don't really like wearing sweatshirts (except around the house or walking the dog), so I'm less likely to buy a nicer version.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads