• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tagged size 34 tan moleskin trousers from Epaulet but don’t remember what fit they are. The waist is slightly too large and the pants fit overall relaxed. If I wanted a slightly slimmer fit overall and in a less thick material than moleskin, size 33 should work right?
If you have a Rudy fit you could go with Walts - best to check full specs though before sizing down

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that shirt is awesome!

I had my Aloha Mr. Hand shirt made up with a camp collar and it turned out about 3 sizes too large. Epaulet sent it back to Gitman and they remade it for me but it was still uncomfortably large so I wore it once and then put it away. Last week I finally dug it out and decided to take it to my tailor to see what he could do with it and I should be picking it up after work this afternoon. After seeing what it looked like pinned back a bit while I was trying it on for him, I'm excited to get it back.

I think I recall @Epaulet mentioning that a bunch of the camp collar shirts that Gitman did in last year's run turned out really large?

Yeah mine felt a little boxy too but after a tailor trip to slim it down it fits great.

My recollection is that Mike indicated that the camp collar shirts would turn out large by design, that Gitman's pattern for those shirts was on the big side as is common for that style.

I didn't pick up one of the Aloha patterned shirts but some photos wouldn't be amiss from those who did!

DapperDan08

Reaction score
I believe this was the Hollywood Nights. Still unworn!

39C344E7-7947-4628-8145-D582CD44DCAB.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It’s funny. I was thinking along a similar line the other day as I wore my Sea Canvas rivets. Which are I think 10-11oz, and stupid soft.

How about this for FW? @Epaulet

12oz duck canvas. Send it off to be pumice washed at the dye house or something similar. Broken in thick canvas is the best, and I’d love it with that pumice fading. Even with a cargo pocket? Could be cool on that Ranger/jungle/workwear pant you are working on?

@CanadaCal love that idea.. and I'm currently looking into something with Hertling. Lemme run it by you.

Historically, our stock cotton trousers with Hertling have been "meh" for sales. They're great pants, but people sort of don't care. I suspect that the price of $175-$195 for Hertling vs $135 for Rivet Chinos is the main reason. But it's just impossible to get it cheaper out of Brooklyn, especially now.

So.. I'm thinking that we can take it further up. I can get a beautiful Italian prepare-for-dye twill, have it sewn at Hertling, then have it dyed and pumice washed in South Central. We'd be at $225 for an Incotex-level product. A little bit better made truthfully. Would you guys be into something like that? We can do really awesome colors.

I have never owned Rivets. Would I take same size in the Chambray as Walts/Gables? If a 34 in Walts/Gables, go with 34 or go up to 35 in the current Rivet offering?

I'd say for you to go up one in this, the fabric is thinner and for the Summertime, so a little extra room is better.

Kopped both and agree the loden is the star. Here comes my weekly EP delivery.

@lifeinabox thanks dude!

Loden is very cool. Only the skinny get a chance... :(

...and to hear the lamentations of those who do not Rivet and Walt.

View attachment 974759

@M635Guy @shabbytraddy working on that!

I just received my chainstitch shirt in the wave pattern in medium and I noticed it's 22.4 inches in the chest. This is of course inconsistent with the 20.5 inches for the size chart provided. Could you remeasure the shirts and redo the size chart according to the real measurements? I feel this would be good for other customers' convenience.

@Numbahzz ahhh something's wrong there, maybe your shirt was mis-tagged? My apologies, shoot me a PM with your info and we'll figure out it.

The Leopard has landed. Fits good in L for me.

View attachment 974951

@L.I.T. thanks dude and enjoy it!

@Epaulet

Hi Mike, I ordered a doyle on 5/9, but haven't received anything about shipping. Noticing that chainstitches dropping in that same promo have been delivered, so I thought I should check in. Order #42330, if that helps.

Thanks man!

@shabbytraddy apologies.. we sent a group email about that but I think it got routed into bulk/spam. The Indigo Sashiko Doyles got delayed, we're getting them on Fri and sending them out that day. It's just that one product that was held up.

Got 3 of the chainstitch shirts. I thought the waves would be the clear winner but the starburst is a touch lighter and perfect for warm weather. Med fits fine.

View attachment 975076 View attachment 975075

@lifeinabox excellent.. enjoy them!

Natty Alt Wein today!
m6dmzNN.jpg

@M635Guy classics!!!

View attachment 975106
From last summer’s single cut promo - I still love the name of these: the Don Corleone linen/wool/silk trouser in a Taylor fit.

@suuteebird wow those look freaking awesome!

We talking colorful new clothes because as of this shirt delivery I am ready for summer

View attachment 975117

@kickstand that shirt is so dope I can't take it!

Yeah mine felt a little boxy too but after a tailor trip to slim it down it fits great.

@L.I.T. yeah, the idea was to have our fit with a camp collar, but Gitman ended up using their own fit, so those shirts were a lot larger. We just can't offer that collar on future promos.

I have tagged size 34 tan moleskin trousers from Epaulet but don’t remember what fit they are. The waist is slightly too large and the pants fit overall relaxed. If I wanted a slightly slimmer fit overall and in a less thick material than moleskin, size 33 should work right?

@ElPecheDePeche you can PM me your name and I'll see if we have a record of the sale. If you bought it online I should be able to see it.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CanadaCal love that idea.. and I'm currently looking into something with Hertling. Lemme run it by you.

Historically, our stock cotton trousers with Hertling have been "meh" for sales. They're great pants, but people sort of don't care. I suspect that the price of $175-$195 for Hertling vs $135 for Rivet Chinos is the main reason. But it's just impossible to get it cheaper out of Brooklyn, especially now.

So.. I'm thinking that we can take it further up. I can get a beautiful Italian prepare-for-dye twill, have it sewn at Hertling, then have it dyed and pumice washed in South Central. We'd be at $225 for an Incotex-level product. A little bit better made truthfully. Would you guys be into something like that? We can do really awesome colors.

My garment dyed cotton Rota pants are some of the best pants I’ve ever seen. Particularly those with 2% elastane. Beautifully constructed. Very comfortable. Cool garment dyed color.

Yours would be as good.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New IS madras poplin. Very happy with this one as well. In one of those silly SF modes of thought, I spent way too much time ruminating over whether or not it would still look good with jeans made up with a spread collar and French placket, but now that I have it, I'm glad I went with that design.

IMG_7668.JPG

Numbahzz

Reaction score
@Epaulet I sent you guys an email with my info. I remeasured it and it appears to be around 22.2 inches in the chest as my final measurement. Not as big as 22.4 or 22.5 but still appreciably larger than what it should be. I'm fine with keeping the shirt as it fits but I want to make sure sizing is accurate for other customers if the shirts are indeed running larger.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My garment dyed cotton Rota pants are some of the best pants I’ve ever seen. Particularly those with 2% elastane. Beautifully constructed. Very comfortable. Cool garment dyed color.

Yours would be as good.

@Patrick R excellent... that's encouraging to hear! We're going to start working on this in a few weeks

New IS madras poplin. Very happy with this one as well. In one of those silly SF modes of thought, I spent way too much time ruminating over whether or not it would still look good with jeans made up with a spread collar and French placket, but now that I have it, I'm glad I went with that design.

View attachment 975303

@Duke Silver thanks for ordering.. it came out great!

Mike, you still going to make jeans again?

@Roguls yup the Sandow jean, it's already in work

Mine arrived today, too. Straight fire.

@DapperDan08 I kept one for myself.. we can all be a gang!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys!

So, regarding the tweed... I think that it's realistic for us to make this jacket in one cotton and one wool. And just to be transparent, the wool would either be a herringbone or a donegal-ish solid. The reason is: that's far more likely to sell. We actually did really well with our Quincy/Fenway MTO orders for Southwick. But out of something like 80 units sold, maybe 8 or 9 of those are non-solids. I think that many guys have a hard time picturing themselves in a strong pattern like that. So I honestly wouldn't consider it for a stock offering.

That said, I'm planning to return to Southwick for our July promo, and we'll go hard on Fall/Winter fabrics for overcoats, so there should be a TON of options available via that route. Higher price point to be sure, but it will be cool to offer a lot of options so that there's something for everyone.

Great call on that cuff detail @Burzan , I'm going to add that in for the second sample. Agreed that it could use something there.

Will the winter fabrics/coat design be hardy enough for a non-Californian winter? I love the Quincy I got last year but it's definitely too light to be my go-to November-February

section31

Reaction score
@Epaulet Hi Mike. Hopefully I didn't already miss it but are there still plans for Sandow seersucker MTO options?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing a pair of my Kyber cloth Walts from the Hertling closeout fabrics a few weeks back. I'm typically a Rudy guy but for the sake of simplicity we were limited to the Walts in that run so I sized up. I hadn't bought a Walt in a couple of years but they may be my new go-to fit.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got 3 of the chainstitch shirts. I thought the waves would be the clear winner but the starburst is a touch lighter and perfect for warm weather. Med fits fine.

Hey @lifeinabox, we seem to wear similar sizes in some stuff, and you go a hit smaller on other things.
Does the M chain fit you more like a light over shirt? What does your chest measure? Looks great. I too have a M on the way.

This could have some legs... However I think your first comment on cotton trousers hit the nail on the head. The Price point...
I see these going a lot faster in a Rivet/Sandow for 150ish then a proper tailored piece at $225.

I think a lot of guys are more inclined to wear the more casual garment dye/faded washed pants in a more casual cut. Rolled up with slips ons and trainers.

Whatever you do, please ensure they wind up being typical sizing.

Because we all know they will pull a Costanza in a cold pool when you dye/wash them.

I still think Rivets in a Natural duck or twill would work wonders once Adele gets it off to the LA funhouse.

Either way, it will be great and they will be comfortable as hell.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most people size up in Walts compared to Rivets?

I tried the butterscotch Walts in my Rivet size (33) and they were too balloon-y in the rear. I was actually thinking I'd size down 1 for Walts

(In other sizing news, the 33 Garand in green fits like my rivets, while the khaki garand fit larger in the same size)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads