• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike @Epaulet

This may be an obvious question, but is the Cramerton Caramel Rivet the same shade as this Driggs caramel?
Driggs_Fit_1024x1024_grande_c6684fef-0487-43dd-8423-a4cd0c34877a_grande.jpg

I've never really been into brown anything, nor green either except for an overshirt and the OG Olive Doyle, but my tastes may be evolving. The tobacky Doyle was my first toe into brown.

I do have the lighter Natural Canvas MTO Rivet and the Eggshell linen/cotton from awhile back which are both funky fresh and def:lol: that I like a lot but am really into the possibilities of aging and fading with the Cramertons.

From a SWD perspective, if you could only pick one, would you pick the caramel or the olive drab for the best versatility and aging/fading possibilities...

Thanks.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caramel. I've got a similar pant from Gustin, and it's all kinds of versatile. I dress it down all the time. Olive runs a little dressy by comparison, IMO

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Caramel. I've got a similar pant from Gustin, and it's all kinds of versatile. I dress it down all the time. Olive runs a little dressy by comparison, IMO

@metranger8694

Agreed with @peppercorn78 ... you'd probably get more wear out of the caramel ones if you were choosing between them. The available MTO option is not exactly the same as that Driggs photo but it's pretty close. You can generally wear it matched up like you would a khaki pant.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Kind of a weird question. I received the GATs last week and absolutely love them. If you were on the fence, I would definitely recommend them. However, I work in a hair salon and of course the first day I wear them I got a stain on the suede. I'm not sure if it is hair color (which generally comes out of clothes) or something else, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to go about cleaning this? I was thinking maybe taking it to the dry cleaner and seeing if they could?
IMG_7093.jpg

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Kind of a weird question. I received the GATs last week and absolutely love them. If you were on the fence, I would definitely recommend them. However, I work in a hair salon and of course the first day I wear them I got a stain on the suede. I'm not sure if it is hair color (which generally comes out of clothes) or something else, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to go about cleaning this? I was thinking maybe taking it to the dry cleaner and seeing if they could? View attachment 823834

cant help with product recc or anything, but I had a nasty stain on the trickers below, dropped them with Aram at AH One and got them back 100% perfect (no after pic but trust they looked brand new). Give him a shout, he might be able to recommend a product

AZkVQcS.jpg

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@metranger8694

Agreed with @peppercorn78 ... you'd probably get more wear out of the caramel ones if you were choosing between them. The available MTO option is not exactly the same as that Driggs photo but it's pretty close. You can generally wear it matched up like you would a khaki pant.
Thanks guys.

Now that I study it, the Rivet caramel looks a little richer/darker than the Driggs caramel on my screen I think.

Since I have no khaki pants I'll have to do some research on what they go with.

I(mistakenly) equate most olive with military.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr. Six Yup, sure thing...

There's some differences in tones. The Duck Canvas is a lot more green. And the Cramerton British Khaki is more brown.

View attachment 823699 View attachment 823700

@metranger8694 haha that flew over my head, but I get it now!

@fairlynerdy oh wow, I'm jealous about that! He's not quite the singer that he once was, but "When I'm Tired of Being Alive" is going to kick so much ass.

@kingoflondon this is awesome.. that Saffiano leather is great for the rain
Thanks Mike! Really appreciate it. What's the weight of the performance twill, if you know? (Since you describe it as four-season, I'm just trying to figure out where it is in the weight spectrum of available fabrics.)

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Kind of a weird question. I received the GATs last week and absolutely love them. If you were on the fence, I would definitely recommend them. However, I work in a hair salon and of course the first day I wear them I got a stain on the suede. I'm not sure if it is hair color (which generally comes out of clothes) or something else, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to go about cleaning this? I was thinking maybe taking it to the dry cleaner and seeing if they could? View attachment 823834

Pick your favorite basic clear shampoo, take a dot of it, mix with water, use it and a toothbrush to clean the shoe, then work some water through to rinse. You may or may not have to do all of the suede to get the color to match.

Just my $0.02!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Definitely looks fixable! Leffot has a good suede cleaning video on their YouTube. Also Saphir sells a great suede shampoo.

After it's clean, spraying the whole thing with Nano Protector or Super Invulner will help ward against this in the future.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet or any guys who MTO rivets with finished seams- Do they finish the leg with a blind stitch, a casual chino stitch (visible, 1 inch from bottom), or more of a jean stitch (visible, half inch or less from bottom)?

Thanks!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike's mention of White Khyber shorts reminds me of how much I've been wearing my White Khyber Walts. Pardon the hiked up right sleeve.

36219539761_fe9f1623cc_o.jpg

Luigi Bianchi Vittorio wool/silk/linen windowpane SC
Individualized DJA Sea Island Cotton check shirt
White Khyber Walts
Snuff suede belt & shoes

Tie and PS are Vanda

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Most shoe repair and cobbler shops sell suede cleaning kits which are basically a little rubber eraser thing and a brush. I bought one a couple of years back and have had very good luck with it on a few different stains, including a mark left behind from some greasy poutine that I dropped on my feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads