• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

novaeagle

Reaction score
Hey Mike what is the relation of the "Dark Olive" Cramerton cloth to the "Olive Drab" cramerton cloth used in the rivet chino here:

https://epauletnewyork.com/collecti...live-drab-cramerton-cloth?variant=11128630341

I like the look of the cloth in that one but worry the dark olive cramerton might be a bit darker than what I want. If they're the same cloth then clearly it's just lighting differences, but wanted to double check

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike what is the relation of the "Dark Olive" Cramerton cloth to the "Olive Drab" cramerton cloth used in the rivet chino here:

https://epauletnewyork.com/collecti...live-drab-cramerton-cloth?variant=11128630341

I like the look of the cloth in that one but worry the dark olive cramerton might be a bit darker than what I want. If they're the same cloth then clearly it's just lighting differences, but wanted to double check

Its the same colour, its a nice deep green, no brown cast to it. Looks great with light blue/white shirting.

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
Hi Mike

As far as the Cramerton and 8 oz Duck Canvas Rivets are concerned, how much shrinkage should be taken into account with respect to inseam measurement?

kickstand

Reaction score
Ordered natural duck canvas. Been looking for a white-ish pant for casual wear with a blue ocbd.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else read cramerton all this time as cram-er-ton as opposed to cray-mer-ton before hearing Mike say it?

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sneaky! I like the new British Khaki #63. Great addition.

Could we get photos comparing British Khaki #63 and British Khaki #11, and Olive #65 and Moss #65?

I was going to ask the same thing about the British Khaki's. Beyond the color comparison, Mike, is there one you think is better suited for a certain type of styling the other?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
so these REDA hopsack Walts remain my absolute best pants

tumblr_ou62z7uQZn1r8bgano1_540.jpg

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tumblr_ou62z7uQZn1r8bgano1_540.jpg

Same. What did I ever do without those trousers.

Great fit! The polo under the sportcoat look appears to be sweeping the internet this month, and you do it impeccably well.

@Epaulet Mike, brief question about the 8oz Duck Canvas. Is there a white Duck Canvas hidden away anywhere (for shorts)? I just ask because in the days of the Khyber Cloth MTO there was that hidden white option for anyone who asked. Any chance of that here? Also remembering an optic white rivet chino from way back.

The natural Duck Canvas is great, but for shorts I'd be looking for optic white.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long'ish-time lurker, Sometime poster, first-time pic poster.
I believe "quick and dirty" is the phrase used here for this sort of pic.
Finally opened Teba box and threw it on. I'm very pleased however I'm gonna have my tailor take a look and see where it can be dialed-in (slim the sides, shorten sleeves and perhaps bring shoulders in a wee bit.)
Overall, pretty stoked!

IMG_9618.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sneaky! I like the new British Khaki #63. Great addition.

Could we get photos comparing British Khaki #63 and British Khaki #11, and Olive #65 and Moss #65?

@Mr. Six Yup, sure thing...

There's some differences in tones. The Duck Canvas is a lot more green. And the Cramerton British Khaki is more brown.

FullSizeRender 16.jpg
FullSizeRender 15.jpg

Click to expand ...Are you kidding? I look forward to them!

In that light, no one seems to have gotten my Three Dog Night reference(Mama Told Me Not To Come) to suggest he open up his Doyle in the 90 degree heat and let some air in.

@metranger8694 haha that flew over my head, but I get it now!

Side note...I'll be seeing Danzig at Riot Fest in September and am pretty pumped about it.

@fairlynerdy oh wow, I'm jealous about that! He's not quite the singer that he once was, but "When I'm Tired of Being Alive" is going to kick so much ass.

Saffiano tennis + olive ripstop rivet + giant ******* NYC thunderstorm + pathetic excuse for umbrella.

@kingoflondon this is awesome.. that Saffiano leather is great for the rain

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Mike

As far as the Cramerton and 8 oz Duck Canvas Rivets are concerned, how much shrinkage should be taken into account with respect to inseam measurement?

@Perfectcircles about a half inch in length. If you like to wear your cotton pants with no break at all, then plan for a full inch to be safe, so they don't end up being too short

Hmmmm cramerton dark olive or duck moss....

@chrispy650 both of them are great, but the Cramerton olive is pretty unique.. the green tone is really subtle.

anyone else read cramerton all this time as cram-er-ton as opposed to cray-mer-ton before hearing Mike say it?

@trig haha, that's just how me and the other NY garmentos say it. Its very likely that the other way is correct too. Actually sounds more Southern how you spelled it out.

I was going to ask the same thing about the British Khaki's. Beyond the color comparison, Mike, is there one you think is better suited for a certain type of styling the other?

The big difference between those two British Khakis is weight and finish.

Lightweight Twill is better suited for warm temps. It's year-round in SoCal, but going to be more 3-season in temperate climates.

Cramerton is going to age and fade a lot more. That's cool if you like fabrics to gain character and a "look." But if you want something that stays more biz-caz and straightforward, then the Lightweight Twill is going to hold its color and finish longer.

@StanleyVanBuren this is awesome.. loving this combo!

Same. What did I ever do without those trousers.

Great fit! The polo under the sportcoat look appears to be sweeping the internet this month, and you do it impeccably well.

@Epaulet Mike, brief question about the 8oz Duck Canvas. Is there a white Duck Canvas hidden away anywhere (for shorts)? I just ask because in the days of the Khyber Cloth MTO there was that hidden white option for anyone who asked. Any chance of that here? Also remembering an optic white rivet chino from way back.

The natural Duck Canvas is great, but for shorts I'd be looking for optic white.

@applky yeah, it's great to see the sportcoat & polo thing happening. I saw it in Italy for years. It's such a cool combo.

For duck canvas, natural is the closest thing that we have to white.. my apologies. I could do a white Khyber short with Hertling, but that would be the only option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads