• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SLieber967

Reaction score
Code doesn't work for me either. Thinking of going up to Large since my EP NE shirts are borderline too small as compared with the somelos and gitman cuts.

Yeah, I did exactly that. Figure I'll gamble on that and return if necessary.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike - what is the waist measurement on these? "True" to size? Or the same as the Rivets? 34 in the EFF Rivet (the go to hell pants) is a perfect fit.

Waist is the same as the Rivet but they're a bit slimmer in the leg... I'd say to size up one if the Rivet fits you closely. Most guys would take the same size in both

Code doesn't work for me either. Thinking of going up to Large since my EP NE shirts are borderline too small as compared with the somelos and gitman cuts.

Apologies for the code guys, we'll credit anyone who bought that shirt and wasn't able to claim it.

I think that a large would be okay for you actually... it's thinner so fits a bit smaller. It won't be as dialed in as the Individualized fit, but I think it will still work great as a casual piece

Hey Mike,

I think this has been answered before, but, any chance of a matching jacket in the Bright French Blue Wool Pique?

@velomane you know, I really should have ordered that. I'll definitely do a run in the future, but can't promise a specific date on that. I think going forward we're actually going to stock Navy and French Blue as our suiting options.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_1078.jpg

Hey guys, I saw this look on IG and really dug the match. I know that stripes are uncharted territory for many of us, but the Bengal stripes that we offer from Individualized for $175 are really brilliant and versatile. Do one with a rad collar like the Artisan or Curved Cutway, and you'll fall in love with it. The fabric is tough, so you can press it out for a dress look or hang dry it with no steaming to make it more casual

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the code guys, we'll credit anyone who bought that shirt and wasn't able to claim it.

I think that a large would be okay for you actually... it's thinner so fits a bit smaller. It won't be as dialed in as the Individualized fit, but I think it will still work great as a casual piece.
Thanks!

Isn't a new Danzig album out today?

espen

Reaction score
For that one piece collar, are you limited to more lighter weight fabrics, or come fall are heavier denims, etc. possible? Unsure about the elements of construction that go into it....

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 788048
Hey guys, I saw this look on IG and really dug the match. I know that stripes are uncharted territory for many of us, but the Bengal stripes that we offer from Individualized for $175 are really brilliant and versatile. Do one with a rad collar like the Artisan or Curved Cutway, and you'll fall in love with it. The fabric is tough, so you can press it out for a dress look or hang dry it with no steaming to make it more casual
That is really sharp. Those trousers are great too.

Does the Gable fit look like the pants he is wearing? I like the higher rise/waistband fo' shizzle. Are those what the kids call forward pleats?

There aren't any Gable pics on the site and I forgot how they look.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Isn't a new Danzig album out today?

@lifeinabox haha, I'm not sure. Like most music, my taste and knowledge for Danzig stopped about 15-20 years ago. I'm now strictly a meme fan.

For that one piece collar, are you limited to more lighter weight fabrics, or come fall are heavier denims, etc. possible? Unsure about the elements of construction that go into it....

@espen

I'd say that most fabrics except for really heavy denims would work. I'm certainly intending to run some fall-weight twills and flannels in the Capri collar.

Fall is going to be the most coherent Epaulet collection that we do to date. We'll do dressier pieces in Europe (Capri collar shirt, Walt Porto, Vittorio Sportcoat, Teba jacket, wool sweaters) and more casual ones in the USA (Doyle jacket, Waxed Mac, Kamigata, Rivet & Sandow Chinos).. and we'll do shoots that show the two mixing together.

In terms of heavy denims.. my Doyle factory is also making seriously boss work shirts. Triple needle, chainstitched, tough guy pieces. I'm working on a new design for a basic two-pocket workshirt with a point collar. There's a lot of competitive product out there like it but we'll offer (1) solid pricing (2) consistent Epaulet fit (3) bonkers fabrics and (4) interesting washes. I'm gonna test out our blue dye process too. It should layer in really nicely with the other items we're doing.

Oh look out in a month or so.. I also sourced two heavyweight denims with Individualized where you guys can order... fully MTO denim overshirts. Going to be seriously boss!

GMTO from last year

@Jazzmenco amazing... enjoy them!!

That is really sharp. Those trousers are great too.

Does the Gable fit look like the pants he is wearing? I like the higher rise/waistband fo' shizzle. Are those what the kids call forward pleats?

There aren't any Gable pics on the site and I forgot how they look.

They look just like this fo' shizzle... @metranger8694

10661070_1526081341030669_1971876881_n.jpg

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of the black slip-on sneakers. Anyone else find them slightly narrow? Do they loosen up?

(I went with size 11, same as my museum calf combat boots)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of the black slip-on sneakers. Anyone else find them slightly narrow? Do they loosen up?

(I went with size 11, same as my museum calf combat boots)

@nd1nd2nd3 the last is the same as the Tennis, so it's a bit narrower than the combat boot. They make up smaller because of the lack of a tongue, but they will absolutely give in both the width and the height. Doing a shape like that in a quality calf or suede.. there's no way that it won't loosen up and break in. You just want them to be long enough and have space for your toes in the front. They'll quickly take the right shape.

Valfunde

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

If I were to go for a popover in one of these linen shirts you think a band collar would be fine? Twas mulling it over to get a eidos-esque look but think the (from online pics) longer square end placket might throw it all off. Yay or nay?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

If I were to go for a popover in one of these linen shirts you think a band collar would be fine? Twas mulling it over to get a eidos-esque look but think the (from online pics) longer square end placket might throw it all off. Yay or nay?

@Valfunde def go for the popover, that's such a rad shape in linen!

For the collar.. this is just my opinion, but I'd stick with just one "trick" for the shirt. In this case, the popover is special, so I'd do a buttondown, Artisan, or fashion spread for the collar. I'd do the band with a full button front. But that's just me... a band popover sounds rad, and Summer shirts are a good place to get playful and try something new

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I loved the style and function of the last Doyle model, but the fit never quite worked for me- mostly an issue of snugness in the upper back if lifting my arms out in front of me. What are the chances the tweaks to the fit may have solved that?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads