• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaxK

Reaction score

@Michigan Planner I believe that it was our second makeup. Reverse Tobacco Chamois, Plantation Crepe Sole, tonal moc stitch...
I have a pair, still wear them regularly (especially in the Fall). Great boots. End of an era for the Brooklyn store. I'll definitely swing by. Sounds like a great move Mike, congratulations!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Got the Khaki field jacket yesterday in the mail. Windy day in LA so got to test if it's wind proof and definitely did the job there. But warmed right up and still didn't get too warm in the jacket. So definitely worth a purchase if anyone's on the edge out here.

@ Mike
Will the field jacket shirk at all still or did the enzyme wash pretty much take that out?

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Khaki field jacket yesterday in the mail. Windy day in LA so got to test if it's wind proof and definitely did the job there. But warmed right up and still didn't get too warm in the jacket. So definitely worth a purchase if anyone's on the edge out here.

@ Mike
Will the field jacket shirk at all still or did the enzyme wash pretty much take that out?
SoCal wind today was definitely a good test. Wore my EP navy hopsack suit for a meeting in the valley and it was cold!

Poomba

Reaction score
Do people think that there will be a line forming up early tomorrow? I'm debating driving in from Central CT (2 hrs).

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone is taking photos of the event. Anyone doing proxy?

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in one of the Heirloom shawl collared cardigans. Are there any photos of them with the collar rolled a little bit more with a few of the top buttons undone, I'm after something similar to this.

wakawaka

Reaction score
Anyone doing proxy?

Same thing on my mind; AFAIK nobody volunteered
frown.gif

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Doing so is a huge logistical undertaking, or at least, it needs to be in order for one's cut to be worth the effort. I made it work in Santa Monica by getting everyone to send me their requests early and getting into the store ahead of time to assess what was there. Even then, I was probably able to satisfy 20% of the requests.

Anyone who goes there today is likely to get a great deal on something they weren't expecting to find. Anyone who goes looking to get a great deal on a specific item they've been lusting over is likely to be disappointed. Proxying, day of, in an environment like that would be pretty difficult, so I'm not surprised that no one has jumped at the opportunity.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not as crazy as the viberg sample sale, but still crowded in there.

seems like most of the clothing had been picked over. got some trainers I've been eyeing for 100 bucks a pop. aldens were 300.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads