• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lifting heavier lately, and all my Rudys are actually starting to fit a little too tight in the thigh and seat. I think I need to get some of them let out a bit, and in the future I'll probably start ordering a size up and getting the waist taken in.

mojserkis

Reaction score
I bought my first pair of Epaulet pants this past weekend- some Rivet Chinos in pumice 8 oz. canvas. I really love everything about them- the color, the fit, and the fabric. I can't wait to buy some more (once I settle up with the IRS).

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
I've got some money earmarked for a pair of the blue Oxford rivets. Is there an estimated date of a restock at all?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Four New Epaulet Shirts

OK, last product update for the day. Four new Epaulet shirts. First off are two incredibly lightweight Japanese lawn buffalo checks. These are great for really hot days. The doublefaced paisley is two light & gauzy fabrics put together. And the eggshell linen is just nutzo good, especially with the painted buttons.

Cutaway Collar Eggshell Linen: $160

This is hot. The budget is going to have to bend.

edit: I just went back and looked at that shirt again. It's like the perfect summer white-alternative shirt. Geez, I think I'm in love.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been lifting heavier lately, and all my Rudys are actually starting to fit a little too tight in the thigh and seat. I think I need to get some of them let out a bit, and in the future I'll probably start ordering a size up and getting the waist taken in.
I size up my Rudy's. It's mostly a seat issue for me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think early april was the earliest possible date, that said, I am seriously looking forward to my cranberry windowpane jacket. Does anyone have an idea of what trousers would look good with it?? I was thinking an olive/green/taupe...just not entirely sure
We're actually getting some of the Factory Finds jackets this week - I believe about 30 units or so. I'll holler at you guys once we know what arrives. I'm also going to photograph each one of the jacket so that everyone can see how they made up. This is the Cranberry Windowpane...
I'd mostly wear it with tan and taupe trousers, or lighter grey ones. I think that you could make it pretty boss with jeans too.
I have been eyeballing a pair of the Juniper Italian Linen walt trousers for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on them. They came in the mail yesterday! Without a doubt the most phenomenal pair of trousers I've purchased to date. I was also so enamored by Epaulet's stock pic that I picked up a pair of Alden color 8 LHS. Pics
Elderberry is next!
Thank you sir - glad that you dig it!
I've got some money earmarked for a pair of the blue Oxford rivets. Is there an estimated date of a restock at all?
We should get more of those shortly, I believe that we're just waiting on the fabric to come in.
epaulet x 2
Boom! The ruby shoes are looking great!

Rhodes112

Reaction score
I sized up the rivet chinos to a 32 and they fit great, except I could still let out the seat about a half inch or so. However, my tailor informed me that doing so would create this ugly triangle effect on the seams, which is very visible because the fabric is cotton and not wool. This does not make sense to me; has anyone had this experience? Or should I look for another tailor?

I asked him to describe the issue, because rivets have the reinforced band that allows for being let out even. He went back and pulled out a pair of chinos he let out the seat for:

homefloyd

Reaction score
Damnit I missed the eggshell linen in XS, any chance of a restock?

PS- I miss size 28 walts. :cry:

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I size up my Rudy's. It's mostly a seat issue for me.

How do you size Rudy vs Rivet? Right now I have all all 33 Rudy and 34 Rivet, but my Rudys are actually starting to feel tighter than my Rivets (most of my Rivets are duck canvas). The only Rivet I had to size up on was the grey oxford cloth - those were super tight, so I went all the way up to 36 then had the waist taken in about 2 full inches.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been answered, but do the MTO shirts use the new modified (button-down) collar?

runningfrog

Reaction score

Damnit I missed the eggshell linen in XS, any chance of a restock?

PS- I miss size 28 walts. :cry:

i also wear XS and 28 for walts/rivets and both sizes are now special order only. some older walts/rivets may have 28s left, but i think all the XS shirts are mostly cleared out by now.

special ordering is easy, it's the waiting time (~ 6 weeks) that's hard. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads