• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is definitely my favorite chambray. The DCBDs are super rad. Goes great with a Donegal Sinclair.
View attachment 1964491 View attachment 1964493
Oh that's great to hear... I'm SO glad that you like it!

This product has been kind of a big deal for me. Back in the early days of 2009, I started our in-house collection with small batch shirts.

We went from shirts made in NYC to shirts made by New England and Gitman Bros. I brought in some shirts from Italy and Portugal. Great wovens were always a mainstay of our collection.

And around 2017-ish, this business started to falter. The pricing on stock shirts kept increasing, and it made them less appealing than our custom program with Individualized. New England shut down. Gitman stock items became too expensive for us to realically sell. And the European product just wasn't interesting enough to gain traction.

I went on to design the Chainstitch shirt here in LA, and it was... okay. Didn't do badly but didn't do great. I think it was a solid product on its own, but never really sparked joy. And my strategy of running it in a bunch of Thom Browne oxfords seemed good on paper but never really played out well in reality.

Then.... The DBCD launches in April.

It's said that denim manufacturing in Los Angeles is like a Harley Davidson. It's not perfect, but it has soul. And it looks and feels like nothing else. I think that comes through on these shirts. We tried to blend the best parts of LA production (fully chainstitched seams, gussets and runoff, great denims and chambrays) with the traditional East Coast profile.. and it REALLY worked. The shirt fits great and looks distinct. I can't say that this is the best buttondown collar ever made in LA, but it's the best one that I've ever seen. We took a ton of preorders on it, and the open stock has been selling faster than any OTR shirt that I've offered in years.

Also... those East Coast shirts were made by large factories who work on each part in turn. Figure about 25 different operators for each garment. The DCBD is largely made by four guys. One cutter, two primary sewing operators, and one guy doing the chainstitching. That's it. There's a lot of soul and a lot of love in these garments. I can't wait to make more of them!

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Oh that's great to hear... I'm SO glad that you like it!

This product has been kind of a big deal for me. Back in the early days of 2009, I started our in-house collection with small batch shirts.

We went from shirts made in NYC to shirts made by New England and Gitman Bros. I brought in some shirts from Italy and Portugal. Great wovens were always a mainstay of our collection.

And around 2017-ish, this business started to falter. The pricing on stock shirts kept increasing, and it made them less appealing than our custom program with Individualized. New England shut down. Gitman stock items became too expensive for us to realically sell. And the European product just wasn't interesting enough to gain traction.

I went on to design the Chainstitch shirt here in LA, and it was... okay. Didn't do badly but didn't do great. I think it was a solid product on its own, but never really sparked joy. And my strategy of running it in a bunch of Thom Browne oxfords seemed good on paper but never really played out well in reality.

Then.... The DBCD launches in April.

It's said that denim manufacturing in Los Angeles is like a Harley Davidson. It's not perfect, but it has soul. And it looks and feels like nothing else. I think that comes through on these shirts. We tried to blend the best parts of LA production (fully chainstitched seams, gussets and runoff, great denims and chambrays) with the traditional East Coast profile.. and it REALLY worked. The shirt fits great and looks distinct. I can't say that this is the best buttondown collar ever made in LA, but it's the best one that I've ever seen. We took a ton of preorders on it, and the open stock has been selling faster than any OTR shirt that I've offered in years.

Also... those East Coast shirts were made by large factories who work on each part in turn. Figure about 25 different operators for each garment. The DCBD is largely made by four guys. One cutter, two primary sewing operators, and one guy doing the chainstitching. That's it. There's a lot of soul and a lot of love in these garments. I can't wait to make more of them!
That's cool too hear. The chainstich really pops and I like the off white thread choice. It's a really well designed and well made shirt. Between the Doyle, Sinclair and now the DCBD, I'm sold on your upper body sizing. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rivet Chino Preorder extended till Tuesday

Hey guys,

I was intending to close this project on Thursday and start cutting on Friday, but our cutter pushed it out to Tuesday. This won't impact the delivery date, but there is some extra time to get on the preorder if you missed it.

Link is below. This preorder is for the Rivet Chino in:

* Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko
* A seriously rad "Midnight Tiki" cotton
* Our nutzo popular Austrian Olive Tencel
* Natural Unbleached Denim
* Stretch Twill in Vicuna and Cadet Blue

As always, you save about 30% with the preorder prices. I'll run some open stock in sizes 31 to 36 in Indigo Sashiko, Tencel, and Vicuna.. but the other fabrics will be preorder only. You can check out the options in detail at the link:

Rivet Chino Preorder Project: Closes Tuesday 5/30

Rope Dye Rivet Lead.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Custom Shirts: Order before the June 1st Price Increase

cost.jpg

Hey everyone,

We just received a notice from our partners at Individualized Shirts. Given the increased cost of labor, materials, and transportation, they are raising their prices across all levels of shirting fabric. This takes effect on June 1st.

The pricing will rise by about $15 to $60 per shirt, depending on the overall cost level of the fabric. But there is still some time to order at the current rates.

All orders placed today and tomorrow will receive our existing pricing, AND you can use the code below to take 15% off.

shirt15

With our present lead time, we'll be able to ship your shirts by early July, so it's a great time to pick up something new for Summer!

And not only that, but we have a brand new category of "Kaleidoscope" colorful linens and prints... including the legendary Butterflies Linen!

YOU CAN VIEW THE ENTIRE CUSTOM SHIRTING COLLECTION HERE

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And here's the info on our newest fabric collection!

Kale Lead.jpg

Right in time for the height of Summer, we have this eye-popping capsule of colorful linens, linen blends, poplins, and prints. Each one has a soft hand and light, breezy feel.

VIEW KALEIDOSCOPE COLORS FABRICS ONLINE

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom Shirts: Order before the June 1st Price Increase

View attachment 1967125

Hey everyone,

We just received a notice from our partners at Individualized Shirts. Given the increased cost of labor, materials, and transportation, they are raising their prices across all levels of shirting fabric. This takes effect on June 1st.

The pricing will rise by about $15 to $60 per shirt, depending on the overall cost level of the fabric. But there is still some time to order at the current rates.

All orders placed today and tomorrow will receive our existing pricing, AND you can use the code below to take 15% off.

shirt15

With our present lead time, we'll be able to ship your shirts by early July, so it's a great time to pick up something new for Summer!

And not only that, but we have a brand new category of "Kaleidoscope" colorful linens and prints... including the legendary Butterflies Linen!

YOU CAN VIEW THE ENTIRE CUSTOM SHIRTING COLLECTION HERE
did anyone ever make a shirt with the Sky and Cherry splatter dots? any pics?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Repost from our dude @UNIFORMLA ....

----------------------------------------

If anyone is still looking for a UNI/FORM x Epaulet Souvenir Sweatshirt 2.0 in Dagger in a size medium, we have a couple on hand. That is the only size/color that we have.

I just updated the inventory on the website so you can purchase directly from there if you'd like.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW DOYLES IN STOCK

Hey guys, I just received three new stock Doyles from our factory. You can take 15% off until 6/12 with the code doyle15

Doyle in Jade Turquoise Tropical Wool & Silk: $275
This is a beautiful sportcoat cloth from DiPray in Italy. It's a mix of 80% Wool and 20% silk, and it has a gorgeous dark turquoise cast and a micro-herringbone weave. The yarn blend skews towards Spring Summer, but it's a four-season weight... so the drape is excellent and there's no reason that you can't wear this late into the Fall. This has been our best-seller... we brought in 15 pieces and moved about 1/3 of those in the past few days.

Doyle Teal6.jpg

Doyle in Floral Printed Chambray: $195
I think this is so rad. Lightweight Japanese indigo chambray with a monochromatic floral print on top. It's a perfect warm weather piece and can tie back to either shorts or pants. The print is eye-catching, but the base fabric is easy to match back to anything else.

Doyle Floral 7.jpg

Doyle in Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko: $265
The legend. The champ. You guys already know all about this fabric. We shipped the preorders on Monday and we have about 14 units of open stock. If you ordered a Rivet Chino in this cloth, then this is your chance to get the matching piece.

Raw Doyle3.jpg

Reactions: ljl

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I must have missed the announcement on this fabric -

Hattori Slate & Indigo Cotton Cavalry Twill​

Can you go into more detail on it?
Hope all is well...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet I must have missed the announcement on this fabric -

Hattori Slate & Indigo Cotton Cavalry Twill​

Can you go into more detail on it?
Hope all is well...
Oh yeah absolutely! We've sold quite a bit but I have enough left for 4 or 5 more pants. I expect to start getting our first round of makeups in a few weeks.

Here's a whole video of it below, but the TLDR is:

* 100% cotton twill from Japan. Mix of indigo and slate grey yarns.
* Four season weight and machine washable
* Really expensive cloth from one of Japan's most traditional weavers
* It would commonly be used for heavier fall weight yukata (a simpler form of a Kimono), but will make up beautifully in a trouser.
* Great hand, easy color scheme that reads as a solid-ish medium grey.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's been a bit since we last received a custom Unfinished Horsehide jacket from Aero, but this piece just came through for one of our favorite clients. He requested that we age it for a few weeks in the sun prior to shipment. I'll check back with how it develops...

pham unfinished1.jpg
pham unfinished2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads