• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
cap.jpg

Screencap from the video. I think it's clear who unwisely drank way too much coffee and who sensibly declined that extra cup. Jokes aside, I hope that you guys like the video!

Pat's explanation of french terry vs. fleece was really educational for me. I've always heard those terms thrown around but was never really understood what the difference is.

We're gonna close the orders tomorrow night for this project. And even though I'm often kind of flexible with those preorder deadlines... we really do have to close it and get cracking on starting everything this week. So it really will be tomorrow.

You can check out the Sashiko sportcoat and pant on Epaulet.

And the Souvenir 2.0 crewneck on UNI/FORM

I just want to quickly advocate one more time for this awesome sweatshirt. A few years back when we were running hoodies, I kept getting requests for crewnecks. I tried with samples, but they were just never quite right. BUT THIS ONE IS! It's seriously great, and he's offering it at a really solid price. Outside of its matching pant, these navy & grey crewnecks will tie back nicely to everything that you own. I really can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you guys for bearing with my non-stop hyping of this Ink and Dagger project. My last SF post on this has two elements:

1) THE PREORDER ENDS TODAY. Links are here:

You can check out the Sashiko sportcoat and pant on Epaulet.

And the Souvenir 2.0 crewneck on UNI/FORM

2) I shot these pics of the blue jacket matched to the grey pant. I love how these colors flow when they're contrasted. It's underpinned by the custom "Shinkai" chambray shirt, which I still maintain is the single best custom shirt fabric that Individualized offers. We use it in nearly every shoot because it matches freaking everything.

Blue Editorial2.jpg
Blue Editorial.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh sorry I lied... one more post. @LA Guy and I were doing a very amateurish photoshop battle of showing this suit against luxury vehicles.

Pretty sure that I'm going to win with this one. It's one thing to fly inside a G6. It's next level to take an al fresco seat....

jayplane.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the Ink and Dagger Orders guys! We've got this going down tomorrow.....

Teba Teaser.jpg

I'll be talking about this at length, but the key bits are:

1) This is the FIRST Teba hunting jacket ever made in the United States (pretty sure of that at least)

2) It's fully custom from RTC. They'll be about 14 fabrics to choose from and our normal suite of buttons and liners

3) You can customize the body and sleeve length.. just like the Doyle. Even sizes 34 to 48 will be available.

4) It retains the body shape and the sleeves of the Doyle. So if you own a Doyle, you can expect the fit on this to be the same. Tebas are usually really short and boxy, so I think many of you guys will prefer this fit. It also keeps our popular two-way patch hip pockets.

5) We're bringing over quite a few fabrics from Ends for Friends, so I'll have some absolutely killer deals on quite a few of them. We're talking a fully custom Teba jacket with your name inside of it for less than a comparable OTR piece. The promo fabrics are in short supply (a lot was used up for Sportcoats) so grab them quickly if they're calling to you.

scoobmx

Reaction score
Hate to ask but you’ll do another run of Tebas at some point right? None of the fabrics this time really spoke to me.. I guess ideally I’d pick a black fabric, and the charcoal was pretty light colored

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hate to ask but you’ll do another run of Tebas at some point right? None of the fabrics this time really spoke to me.. I guess ideally I’d pick a black fabric, and the charcoal was pretty light colored

Oh well the Teba is going to be an ongoing design that's available from now on.. the only limitation is that we're offering this specific mixture of promo fabrics for it. We'll pretty much sell as many Teba's as we can in this stuff, and then offer the remaining cloth as trousers next week.

But we can do a Teba in any fabric that we're showing for RTC. I've actually got a trio of black and charcoal fabrics... I'll email you a quick video of them. We don't have a lot of demand online for black cloth, but I always sell decent amounts of black fabrics and tux's... so I usually have things on hand if someone requests it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did I miss the Teba announcement/vid or was it postponed?

Oh sorry! Been so busy with launches and the site changes that I neglected to post this here. Yes the Teba is totally ready to go!

I'll paste the newsletter text below, but the TLDR on this is:

* Our new Teba jacket is custom-made by RTC

* It has the same body dimensions and sleeves as the Doyle, so you can order your normal size. And if we have a custom Doyle fit and length on file then we can use that.

* We've got a great lineup of promo and luxe fabrics. There's killer deals on factory finds goods from the prior promos (like Albini navy linen and Aged Silver silk-linen) and some phenomenal new higher-end stuff by the likes of Loro Piana and Zegna.

* Overall the pricing is really strong. I'm pretty sure that this is the only US-made Teba jacket, and we're offering a custom piece for less money than many off-the-rack options.

* This is going to be an ongoing shape for us, and we can do it in nearly any RTC fabric. This promotion is limited time though, so if you want a Teba in one of the listed fabrics (particularly the discounted ones), then you'll want to grab it this week.

CHECK OUT THE TEBA JACKET ON OUR SITE

Teba Leader.jpg

The Teba Jacket is our take on the traditional Spanish hunting coat. Made with a soft unconstructed body, it keeps true to the original with an angled lapel, four-button-front, and shirt sleeve cuffs.

For this relaunch, we have an exclusive collection of promotional and luxe fabrics. They're priced approximately 30% off retail and stock is very limited.. particularly in the Loro Piana fabrics.

This is the only Teba jacket that's made in the United States. Each piece is crafted from start to finish by RTC, and the sizing is one-to-one with our Doyles and Field Jackets.

We're thrilled to offer this custom garment at a price that's lower than most of its off-the-rack competitors.

You can choose your fabric, sizing, length, buttons, and internal seam taping.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I shot some new videos today. The first one has some amazing new pants for our dude @Michigan Planner

And I think that I'm going to try this 60 second format. Last season I did a lot of those very long unboxing videos with the grey backdrop, but I've been thinking to start breaking it up. Instead of taking 15 min to show 10 items or so, i'm trying to limit each item to 60 seconds. I'm thinking that editing the 60 second with some cuts and low background music makes them easier to watch.

Open to feedback!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're running a dedicated thread on the new Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko project, but here's a quick repost of all the info around it.

You can check out the project on our site at this link

You guys already know these shapes and know this material. The most important parts to note are:

1) This is a brand new dye technique for us. In the past, we've imported the off-white cloth, sewn it into garments, and dyed the entire garment.

2) This new Rope-Dyed indigo is dyed before it leaves Japan. It arrives the raw dark blue color that's shown below.

3) Unlike every other type of Sashiko that we've offered, this is expressly designed to fade. The pumice washed option greatly accelerates that process, but a raw jacket will eventually get to that place too. It's beautiful to watch this process happen. I'm in the process of home-washing the raw sample 6 or 7 times to show what kind of fade you can expect in the short term.

4) This is the first time that we've offered the Field Jacket as a group buy shape. Don't miss out if you like this! I doubt that we'll have another offering for it outside of MTO this year.

5) Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko is a thing that a few brands are doing. We definitely have the most competitive price on it (that's objective) and I think that our jackets fit better than the other options out there (that's subjective)

Rope Dyed Leader.jpg

Hey guys!

We're thrilled to announce our latest collaboration with Styleforum.net! We're celebrating our 15-year anniversary by offering our two most iconic jacket shapes in our brand new Rope-Dyed Indigo Sashiko.

Casual "shakets" like these have been part of our collection since 2013. They're versatile piece which are easy to dress up or down. During the course of our photoshoot, we paired them with jeans, trousers, collared shirts, and t-shirts.. just to show the many ways that they can be worn. @LA Guy and Styleforum agreed to this collaboration, as the jackets perfectly bridge the worlds of CM and SW&D. They have a place in every man's wardrobe.

You can opt for the Doyle (chore jacket) or the Field jacket (four pocket safari style) in either Raw Indigo Sashiko or Pumice Washed Indigo Sashiko. The Raw garments a rich deep indigo blue and will fade gorgeously over time. The Pumice Washed garments have been treated with coarse stones to yield a vibrant faded blue color and a stunning patina.This cloth is brand new for us, and this Japanese rope-dyed fabric is designed to fade like a beast!

We have enough fabric on hand to produce approx 150 total units.

Sizes 34 to 48 are available to order. Preorders will be open until Tuesday, April 4th, or while our fabric inventory lasts.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
AYO!

Rivet chinos have arrived! Three things:

1) We're shipping all of the preorders without hems today

2) Preorders with hems will ship by Friday or Monday. Just depends on how fast the sewing guys can get through them all.

3) Open stock goes online tonight and launches tomorrow via our newsletter. We'll have Olive Sanded Canvas, Butterscotch Sanded Canvas, Navy Cramerton Twill and Khaki Cramerton Twill. Sizes 31 to 38.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and btw... new 60-second video of the four jackets. I edited the video in TikTok so I was able to score it with "Be Thankful For What You Got"

That is a good song. Nice jacket too. Love that the field jacket fits that 70s groove very, especially with that pumpkin shirt.

I'm still team chore coat, but I recognize that that field jacket fits that video perfectly.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We ran some wash tests on the Raw Indigo Jacket. I'm dialing in the shrinkage to ensure that we get our patterns right before any washing happens.

It's rad to see how much fading is evident just after some normal wash and use. In this case, I ran our test jacket through a dozen cycles in my home washer. I'd wash it in cold water and then hang dry it.

Below is a comparison pic between the Raw Indigo, the dozen home wash cycles, and our Pumice Wash.

Rope Dyed Comparison.jpg

Epaulet & Styleforum Rope Dyed Indigo Sashiko Jacket Project

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads