• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva, you gotta bring back Epaulet shoes!

I know they were a nightmare with returns, but how about getting pre orders going for those that know their sizing? These shoes were really a great product.

Thanks so much guys, it's great to hear that the sneakers are still holding up!

Honestly, I'd love to be back in the footwear business. It would be tough to swing that sneaker collection these days though. I think a lot of people are disappointed with what's out there because the quality has gotten significantly worse.

Costs (both labor and materials) have skyrocketed in the past 8 years, but I don't think the acceptable MSRP has moved up to match. When it comes to goodyear welt product like Aldens... that crowd will accept price increases every year. But it seems that most sub-luxury sneakers have to live in the low to mid 200s, and they're only managing to keep it there by dropping the quality of their materials and craftsmanship. If I was putting out the sneakers of 2015 now, I'd be charging at least $295 for basic calf and closer to $350 for the chrome tanned hide. I honestly think that it would be hard to get a critical mass of customers going to meet those prices. At least with production at my old factory.

That said, doing footwear again is definitely a goal of mine. I don't know if its going to be sneakers, but I'd love to find something that makes sense which is made in South America. I'll be going to the sourcing show in Vegas in a few weeks to look for that... among other things. I'll report back with what I find!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who preordered our most recent batch of Doyles. We offered a bunch of really thick and luxurious woolens.... and they're honestly some of the best clothing that we've ever made. I can't believe how stunning these are!

All of the pieces are claimed, but I was able to shoot everything on our model just to document it. I'll post photos later on today. Wait until you guys see these double faced jackets, they are unreal!

And if you're waiting on a preorder, expect to get your tracking number today.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One other thing, check out these rad custom shirts that we just received for @Michigan Planner !!

Riley Floral2.jpg
Riley Floral1.jpg

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Good question, let me check on that... the EZ pant has a leg diameter at least as wide as the Rudy, I'll check back and confirm.
I was wondering if you got a chance to check the thigh measurements on the EZ pants of size 31 vs 30. Are they both supposed to be the same at 12.25"? Sorry for pestering you for this question.

iamtripp

Reaction score
Is there any update to when the orders from the denim garands are going to be shipping out? I’m looking forward to that rainbow selvedge.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got two fresh cotton trousers going out for our dude @Duke Silver !

The side straps are a really nice accent for these…
Excited for these to arrive this week. With the EP/Hertling offerings drying up, it's beenr really tought for me to find pants these last couple of years since the Rudy is pretty much the only cut that works well for me (feel like other brands 'athletic' cuts have proven to be a euphemism for frumpy). The RTC cords I picked up in the fall were even better than the Hertling made Rudy's so I'm embarrassingly hyped for these.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
I was wondering if you got a chance to check the thigh measurements on the EZ pants of size 31 vs 30. Are they both supposed to be the same at 12.25"? Sorry for pestering you for this question.

Hi @chenzhongbi it should be the same but we don't usually stock 30's. Size 30 is usually a preorder size for us.

L.I.T.

Reaction score

GarandJeanLeader_800x.jpg

GARAND JEAN PROJECT: SELVEDGE DENIM & FLECKED DENIM PRE-ORDER LAST CALL TONIGHT

Thanks for your orders so far guys! We're starting production after today and should have your Garand Jeans in the next two weeks. If you haven't ordered yet this is your last chance to get some exclusive denims to this project.
We will do stock only in the Kaihara Indigo 12oz Selvedge Denim in sizes 31-36
Order Here
GARAND JEAN PROJECT: SELVEDGE DENIM & FLECKED DENIM

KurokiRainbow_800x.jpg
NihonCotton-HempDenim_800x.jpg
UltrafleckGrey_800x.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nuovo Salt Pepper Main.jpg

One of our favorite fabrics of 2022 was this absolutely gorgeous 16oz "Salt & Pepper" Donegal tweed from Magee of Scotland.

This heavyweight wool had an incredible texture from its alternation of undyed ecru and charcoal yarns. It's solid, heavy, warm, and basically unbreakable.

After running quite a lot of stock garments, we opened it up for customs through our partners at @rtc_americantailors and they crafted these beautiful bespoke Nuovo sportcoats and Doyle jackets.

The Nuovo is styled with inset flap pockets and a ticket pocket. The Doyle has suede elbow patches and a matching suede undercollar. They were absolutely some of the raddest pieces of the entire year.

This particular fabric is sold through, but keep your eyes peeled... we're going to offer some new heavyweight goodies very soon!

Nuovo Salt Pepper Detail.jpg
Doyle Salt Pepper Rear.jpg
Doyle Salt pepper Detail.jpg
Doyle Salt Pepper Collar.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Youtube Factory Find.jpg

Last Day for Factory Finds Suiting!

Hey guys, there's going to be a lot of RTC stuff flying around in the next month, so please bear with me on all of these presentations. The news for today is that we're going to close the Factory Finds Suiting Promo... the newsletter will say tonight, but I'll probably take it down tomorrow morning.

You can check out the item here

In a nutshell, here's the deal:

A) I went to Hickey Freeman a few weeks back and dug out a ton of fabrics to offer this season. This first batch is the lowest price & highest discount options. A bunch of fabrics are at the opening price point, and a few really expensive luxury ones (Loro Piana, etc) are 40 to 50% off the usual MSRP.

B) As agreed with the factory, we're offering them as suits only for 10 days. After they go offline, I'm going to remix the item and then offer them as Sportcoats. I have some additional sportcoat-only fabrics to add to that item too.

C) Following the sportcoats, we'll offer them as Doyles & FJ's, and then finally trousers. Some of the fabric with higher yield will move through the whole chain, and other fabrics with short inventory will sell out.

There's a lot to choose from, so if you're open to the idea of a suit, then let me give you my top five fabrics. I'll also put notes if someone wants to get another garment in this cloth ahead of time...

Charcoal Crosshatch Fresco.jpg

#1: Charcoal Crosshatch Fresco
This is a great basic four-season dress wool. Has a medium-dark grey cast and a very cool and subtle textured weave. Kind of a mid-century vibe to it. It's a wonderful choice for a versatile business and formal suit.

We have a good amount of it, so we could do a sportcoat for $795, a Doyle for $450, or trousers for $245. Email me at [email protected] to commission any shape that isn't a suit now.

Factory Aged Silver.jpg

#2: Aged Silver Herringbone
This was our best-selling custom cloth from last year. Kind of a surprise TBH as it's not a basic wool, but the texture and color cast really sold it. The cloth is slubby and gorgeous, and the blend is really breathable and luxe. The color is a light grey with a subtle olive cast. This is rad as it will still work with grey trousers. It actually works great with most trouser colors.

We have a good amount of it, so we could do a sportcoat for $795, a Doyle for $450, or trousers for $245. Email me at [email protected] to commission any shape that isn't a suit now.

Peachskin Cotton Khaki.jpg

#3: Peachskin Cotton Khaki
You don't have to be 2Pac to wear a khaki suit! But it's difficult to find a good fabric for it. Most cotton twills that look great as trousers are just kind of meh for a jacket. I think that's why cotton suits have a deservedly lackluster reputation.

But this fabric is excellent. It was sourced by Ralph Lauren for some of their Olympics uniform trousers, and it's amazing. On the thicker side with a really crisp hand. If you've ever seen a great cotton suit from the likes of Isaia, this is the kind of goods that they would use for that. And of course it will work great as separates.

Like the last two fabrics: have a good amount of it, so we could do a sportcoat for $795, a Doyle for $450, or trousers for $245. Email me at [email protected] to commission any shape that isn't a suit now.

Purple Haze.jpg

4) Purple Haze Melange Wool Nettle
This is just freaking awesome. There's only enough cloth to make one suit. I've been doing this a long time and I've never come across a cloth like this. The Nettle Fiber is like cotton, but with a smoother hand and a better drape. The yarn melange is really textured and complex, and the muted purple tone is really excellent. This would make for a very boss suit, but it's also totally wearable as separates. The jacket is begging for smoke mother of pearl buttons!

LP Dark Sand LWS.jpg

5) Loro Piana Dark Sand Wool-Linen Silk
This is s serious luxury fabric that's avaialble at a killer price. There's just enough for a single suit. The overall color tone is a darker british khaki, so you'll get that strong Spring Summer Safari vibe. Its complementary to anyone's skin tone, and also very wearable as seperates. The trouser would jibe with anything, and the jacket would be perfect for cream or olive trousers. Or even washed out denim.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Waxed Jackets, Wilhelms, and Socks on Sale

With new stock garments in-bound, it's time to clear our some room for fresh merchandise.

We've slashed prices on our washable waxed "Karras" jacket. This water-resistant piece is perfect for the early Spring! It washable as well so perfect for the Spring showers ahead. We probably won't be producing this style in the future so now it's your last chance to pick one up.

And we've marked also down our inventory of Wilhelm trousers and Fall/Winter socks. Scroll down to see the listings:

View the Entire Sale Section

Karras Washable Waxed Cotton Jacket Field Tan
$195.00 $275.00
fZIoFREnucZEb6zf5S1pLigWbNJq-k4m4Gd7pS-cAgM7ZIrsLCoJPG6HpmLM4niwD3135CEEgutztRFsf-Cxuzuvw1J5LpXkwYVcoX6XkmWxJfv2m7YWC64ltTletNcrXa-cdUtn=s0-d-e1-ft

Karras Washable Waxed Cotton Jacket Navy
$195.00 $275.00
a2y_50Gwn0ajdThnODT-WX3lOJjakjwnaDUuojltju6-GI2mB8kkIh1eyiGrxsO27lZAuzjk5tiq0_YnL8ni2Z0vCMO6eoQhYRxqegAftOxTt6-T46HyRZc6rfvXQrAPcX5e0NRG0JL9aA=s0-d-e1-ft

Wilhelm Chino Navy 12oz Cannonball Canvas
$95.00 $145.00

Wilhelm Chino Moss 9oz Twill Yoshiwa Mills
$95.00 $145.00
VeLNIwpdbACxeQYGigGpmT2eL003zezkXK6PIEh8ndbKZw9IiAYuHE64tsLpVTTTvR139VdCiEEnCQqhuKU3Lpu8rpmOWFchabICZKOX666_j85IWIWjx2ogB_3rqDH66etNKfHPMYfnBEpOvN5h72k=s0-d-e1-ft

Wilhelm Chino Airforce Wool Blend
$115.00 $175.00
ciy4wlIHPJ7CbBs5mlgHDoZnAEplvUQOiii-AnxwoodH5jW0sLmhPeYTqsq0S4AdwQYaFEkDR0yPr3xGdWKk-wuFjfLYNyNcUbmlIqLzwO_E7q83JFCTXiXBQD4hnWmCxDs4ww=s0-d-e1-ft

Cotton Fairisle Sock Navy
$15.00 $22.00
YxpW2AHYjEIFGVT05dIPe-s-Y8mORB6JzoSUC7ZEZ7wqT0eUpXDD-EO1eNeOxP8vCsZZecSsOrrM2QL2e32AlKsNSZw7CPRFZ9RRBx1VpkBwrsvelVLMTmFxxKDYjaZpson2tEecDE_q9g=s0-d-e1-ft

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1892521

Last Day for Factory Finds Suiting!

Hey guys, there's going to be a lot of RTC stuff flying around in the next month, so please bear with me on all of these presentations. The news for today is that we're going to close the Factory Finds Suiting Promo... the newsletter will say tonight, but I'll probably take it down tomorrow morning.

You can check out the item here

In a nutshell, here's the deal:

A) I went to Hickey Freeman a few weeks back and dug out a ton of fabrics to offer this season. This first batch is the lowest price & highest discount options. A bunch of fabrics are at the opening price point, and a few really expensive luxury ones (Loro Piana, etc) are 40 to 50% off the usual MSRP.

B) As agreed with the factory, we're offering them as suits only for 10 days. After they go offline, I'm going to remix the item and then offer them as Sportcoats. I have some additional sportcoat-only fabrics to add to that item too.

C) Following the sportcoats, we'll offer them as Doyles & FJ's, and then finally trousers. Some of the fabric with higher yield will move through the whole chain, and other fabrics with short inventory will sell out.

There's a lot to choose from, so if you're open to the idea of a suit, then let me give you my top five fabrics. I'll also put notes if someone wants to get another garment in this cloth ahead of time...

View attachment 1892575
#1: Charcoal Crosshatch Fresco
This is a great basic four-season dress wool. Has a medium-dark grey cast and a very cool and subtle textured weave. Kind of a mid-century vibe to it. It's a wonderful choice for a versatile business and formal suit.

View attachment 1892577
#2: Aged Silver Herringbone
This was our best-selling custom cloth from last year. Kind of a surprise TBH as it's not a basic wool, but the texture and color cast really sold it. The cloth is slubby and gorgeous, and the blend is really breathable and luxe. The color is a light grey with a subtle olive cast. This is rad as it will still work with grey trousers. It actually works great with most trouser colors.

View attachment 1892581
#3: Peachskin Cotton Khaki
You don't have to be 2Pac to wear a khaki suit! But it's difficult to find a good fabric for it. Most cotton twills that look great as trousers are just kind of meh for a jacket. I think that's why cotton suits have a deservedly lackluster reputation.

But this fabric is excellent. It was sourced by Ralph Lauren for some of their Olympics uniform trousers, and it's amazing. On the thicker side with a really crisp hand. If you've ever seen a great cotton suit from the likes of Isaia, this is the kind of goods that they would use for that. And of course it will work great as separates.

Like the last two fabrics: have a good amount of it, so we could do a sportcoat for $795, a Doyle for $450, or trousers for $245. Email me at [email protected] to commission any shape that isn't a suit now.

View attachment 1892593
4) Purple Haze Melange Wool Nettle
This is just freaking awesome. There's only enough cloth to make one suit. I've been doing this a long time and I've never come across a cloth like this. The Nettle Fiber is like cotton, but with a smoother hand and a better drape. The yarn melange is really textured and complex, and the muted purple tone is really excellent. This would make for a very boss suit, but it's also totally wearable as separates. The jacket is begging for smoke mother of pearl buttons!

View attachment 1892595
5) Loro Piana Dark Sand Wool-Linen Silk
This is s serious luxury fabric that's avaialble at a killer price. There's just enough for a single suit. The overall color tone is a darker british khaki, so you'll get that strong Spring Summer Safari vibe. Its complementary to anyone's skin tone, and also very wearable as seperates. The trouser would jibe with anything, and the jacket would be perfect for cream or olive trousers. Or even washed out denim.
I REALLY hope somebody made up a suit in that silver herringbone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics