• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really wish rivets had a higher rise. i always love cramertons.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any more info on the unbleached twill? also, can that be ordered in a rivet?

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Just left our LA factory. Doyle Pre-Orders in progress, we should be getting them Friday or Monday to ship.

23F7709C-7711-42DE-A41A-7581926446FD.jpeg
BE2EAEA7-C98A-4627-8B8D-627E7D1C4F89.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
really wish rivets had a higher rise. i always love cramertons.

Agreed, the Cramerton fabric is awesome! You can order it as a custom pant, and we can do any rise that you like. If you want the Rivet fit with ... say ... one inch more rise in the front and the back, that's easy to do. Just order a Walt in your normal size and put that into the checkout notes.

Here's the link for it. And you can save 15% with the code cotton15

any more info on the unbleached twill? also, can that be ordered in a rivet?

Thanks for asking, I just put the photo into our Rivet Chino preorder item

The Unbleached Twill is a totally natural 12oz pure cotton. It has the original color variations and little brown "seeds" of the original fibers, so there's a great texture to it. The color is a creamy ecru, so it delivers that "white chino" look nicely without being a bright optical white. And you can easily wash it. I think it's a tremendous option for the Spring.

Unbleached.jpg

Just left our LA factory. Doyle Pre-Orders in progress, we should be getting them Friday or Monday to ship.

So excited for these to come through! We'll have open stock in the following:

1. Indigo Denim "Super Twill"

2. A really perfect dark olive twill. The same exact cloth that we used for these EZ pants. I know that olive twill doesn't sound too radical on its own, but believe me, this thing is going to make for a perfect Spring jacket. That fabric has a great drape and hand.

3. Select units in really thick Canadian melton wool. Camel and Aubergine. Not sure how these are going to make up, but they're going to be beasts. The cloth is around 16oz.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for being missing over the past few days, I'm in Rochester getting everything prepped for our Spring tailoring promo. We're going to have a TON of fabrics to offer, and we'll start by launching them on Saturday. We're working on some new shapes to offer too... including a revised and optimized Teba jacket.

Here's the IG posts that I've done for it. Apologies that my eyes are revealing a combo of (1) intense jetlag and (2) eating enough sodium to kill a barnyard animal via non-stop Italian submarine sandwiches.

9A733D7D-E7CC-403E-BEBD-8DCCD23FF032.JPG
C978478E-358C-49E7-A05E-7BB2BB52C9B0.JPG
EE9055DE-B26E-433B-B45B-F16EBEFCB4F4.JPG

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking, I just put the photo into our Rivet Chino preorder item

The Unbleached Twill is a totally natural 12oz pure cotton. It has the original color variations and little brown "seeds" of the original fibers, so there's a great texture to it. The color is a creamy ecru, so it delivers that "white chino" look nicely without being a bright optical white. And you can easily wash it. I think it's a tremendous option for the Spring.

Spring because it's too heavy for summer?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spring because it's too heavy for summer?

No, I think you could wear it in the Summer. It’s technically a denim. Figure the usual jean is 14oz, a really light jean is 10oz, so this is in the middle.

I’m just calling it “twill” and not “denim” because some guys associate denim with blue jeans and will immediately disregard it in a chino shape. But if you're comfortable with lightweight jeans on warmer days then this will be right up your alley. It's also tough and easy to clean, which makes this lighter color more practical

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Before we get into the new Hickey promo this weekend, here's some of the most recent pieces that we received...

(1) Nuovo Sportcoat in @loropiana Dark Raisin Check Boucle.

Loro Piana Dark Raisin Boucle.jpg

(2) Nuovo Sportcoat in our in-house dyed Navy Japanese Sashiko

Navy Sashiko.jpg

(3) Nuovo Sportcoat in @lanificiocarlobarbera Super 140s Smokey Blue Windowpane Flannel

Barbera Smokey Blue Windowpane.jpg

(4) Doyle Jacket in Ghost Olive Broken Twill Denim

Ghost Olive Broken Twill.jpg

(5) Nuovo Sportcoat in @loropiana Dark Raisin Lightweight Flannel

Loro Piana Dark Raisin Flannella.jpg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some old couro chromo I haven’t worn in awhile. Brushed, saphir Reno’d, and c couple coats of kiwi brown. Need to wear them a few days to bring out the patina

Attachments

• 1AD5DDF4-9764-47CE-9864-E8D9436DF3C7.jpeg
    1AD5DDF4-9764-47CE-9864-E8D9436DF3C7.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 72

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some old couro chromo I haven’t worn in awhile. Brushed, saphir Reno’d, and c couple coats of kiwi brown. Need to wear them a few days to bring out the patina

Damnnnnn, still going strong! I loved that chrome tanned cowhide. It's not every day that 7 year old sneakers can shine up that nicely. Thanks for posting.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should see the green. :D

Just as an aside: EPLA sneakers are the longest-lasting, hardest-wearing sneakers I've ever had. My black monochrome calfskin have probably been worn for a total of 3 years of near daily wear and outside of a couple spots that could be resewn between the outer and lining (we're talking 2 or 3 stitches, not massive stretches), they are absolutely massively butter soft. I do have to hit them up with some polish since they're so scuffed up, but they look and feel amazing. The soles are just now getting a tiny bit thin. My high tops are in fantastic wearing shape, as well, and those were my primary motorcycling commute shoes when I wasn't wearing boots. You can even see some shifter rash on those browns up there on the gum sole, but I rarely wore them on the bike because it just feels weird not having my ankles protected there. Definitely the "buy it for life" sneakers for me. EPLA really did kind of ruin me for sneakers; Gustin, Oliver Cabell, neither quite fit or fit the bill completely. I have some Gustin black monochrome and they just feel thin (although the leather is really nice) and the sizing isn't quite right. Oliver Cabell feels stuffy and heavy, and not in a good way. The EPLA chromes are heavy, but they feel like good boots. I could probably use one to beat the **** out of someone with them and they'd end up looking BETTER at the end of it. But I'm going to give Archibald London a shot with their chromexcel and compare. :/

Sigh. I haven't worn any of my museum calf in a long while; they do show loss of color on the toes/edges much easier than these.

Also: had 2 random people compliment the green couro chromos last weekend when out shopping for paint for the condo.

Last edited:

Beav

Reaction score
You should see the green. :D

Just as an aside: EPLA sneakers are the longest-lasting, hardest-wearing sneakers I've ever had. My black monochrome calfskin have probably been worn for a total of 3 years of near daily wear and outside of a couple spots that could be resewn between the outer and lining (we're talking 2 or 3 stitches, not massive stretches), they are absolutely massively butter soft. I do have to hit them up with some polish since they're so scuffed up, but they look and feel amazing. The soles are just now getting a tiny bit thin. My high tops are in fantastic wearing shape, as well, and those were my primary motorcycling commute shoes when I wasn't wearing boots. You can even see some shifter rash on those browns up there on the gum sole, but I rarely wore them on the bike because it just feels weird not having my ankles protected there. Definitely the "buy it for life" sneakers for me. EPLA really did kind of ruin me for sneakers; Gustin, Oliver Cabell, neither quite fit or fit the bill completely. I have some Gustin black monochrome and they just feel thin (although the leather is really nice) and the sizing isn't quite right. Oliver Cabell feels stuffy and heavy, and not in a good way. The EPLA chromes are heavy, but they feel like good boots. I could probably use one to beat the **** out of someone with them and they'd end up looking BETTER at the end of it. But I'm going to give Archibald London a shot with their chromexcel and compare. :/

Sigh. I haven't worn any of my museum calf in a long while; they do show loss of color on the toes/edges much easier than these.

Also: had 2 random people compliment the green couro chromos last weekend when out shopping for paint for the condo.
Eva, you gotta bring back Epaulet shoes!

I know they were a nightmare with returns, but how about getting pre orders going for those that know their sizing? These shoes were really a great product.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have the red & white "dunks" somewhere. They were 1/2 size too small for me, but dang they made a statement. :D

L.I.T.

Reaction score
bOb1WKgiogN_nbUja6zKxroWfmLP24b9bs3gmFYez_iroaN0WyM-7GP0f_S5Y_VDXArvx_nYK6E5NSN0wr4MTMVje7ETFkWM5qyr1tf5SWhitGf2IaE07Mg=s0-d-e1-ft

We just took delivery of four incredible new Doyle jackets. They're in stock and ready to ship out immediately.

There's a crucial four-season Olive Sateen, the coolest Denim Twill that we've ever encountered, and two very limited Canadian wool meltons. Use the code below to save 15% for the next few days...

doyle15

Order Link
New Doyle Jackets

Doyle in 9oz Yoshiwa Mills Olive Military Sateen: $166 with code doyle15
7stHejqmmcHRPcjg5PvhAo6_BNJEmPOibIu-v76F4DugIsJ4wnfiegJhlqB04SR1ThgCVBxpDylxt3vahowpoegcdLKtutj6SruVOaK00Nab-JyEFXuVEcU=s0-d-e1-ft

Doyle in 12oz Indigo Super-Twill Denim: $166 with code doyle15
UCFkvcuN7_TMo3-48I_Zn1AOmFYLz9zyZeptCmlPRQf8K6zKRmMZ8abcNazMeCy-wAY-Bbzi5fLfLKiI9pAIl1Ut8s4soX6zlxQWWIkK4TMSUYVoF_DOTMk=s0-d-e1-ft

Doyle in Aubergine Wool Melton: $226 with code doyle15
dGtwWAe2dsguRSFBhER3mze14DfUrHhSRre0jONMol4tUWeuchHsx-2LtzB2Qzo6M3xod6ngM5kpMYvbfRotDuUrj8P8aTnVTlnuNP5Q770cQIkjLMhczDQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Doyle in Camel Wool Melton: $226 with code doyle15
eMWAs5qWAavTMlsZMZpyJkXBFKydHj_j2qndRl2JlWBowl0PvmZK6sMnz5ydY7gZxaW0DcXKEoKhnLCnxEGU1gW1fIlbNWpwBjLBEgOjISB9ISfjJbZz7cU=s0-d-e1-ft

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads