• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Can you comment on how stretchy the alpaca sweaters are? Looking at the measurements, I think I'm probably right between a small and a medium and the pictures of the model in the medium look a little long in the body. So as somebody who is nowhere near as tall as the model I'm leaning towards the small. I think the shoulder and chest dimensions of the small should be fine for me but if there is just a tad bit of stretchiness, that would definitely be a point towards going with the small instead of the medium.

Oh yeah it's definitely very stretchy and it's not super fitted. The yarn is hand-knit so it's fairly low tension, and it's ridiculously soft.

Our model is wearing the Medium really well in these pics and he has some room. For comparison, I have him in a Doyle 40, which is pretty fitted on him. And I probably outweigh him by about 30lb, but the Medium is stretching enough to be comfortable on me without being too tight. Knowing your sportcoat and custom shirting size, you can definitely do a Small.

And regarding the sleeve length, it's actually every clever. The sleeves are cut on the longer side, but you have a wide and comfortable cuff at the wrist and a pretty strong sleeve taper around mid-forearm. So even if it's long, the sleeves just stack up a bit at the cuff and it doesn't look off. The overall vibe is soft and a little slouchy, so it works. I'll shoot some pics of myself in it tomorrow.

I need to do a video on these too. Lowkey, they're really some of the best sweaters that we've ever offered. I wish that we could have put together more colors, but we had to work with the handknit that they had available in order to make our schedule. But Grey and Pine are certified bangers!

Sweater Pine1.jpg

RedBar DoyleNew1.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LAIDBACK PANTS FINISH TOMORROW

Hey guys,

Ming has been updating the thread, but the Laidback wait is finally over! Getting the correct elastic was an issue as our local supplier was out of stock for a few weeks, but it's in hand and the guys are finishing everything with a quickness.

I'm getting the finished pants (without drawstrings tomorrow). Everything is going to the wash house to be dyed (for the colors) or hot washed (for the natural). I anticipate shipping these out around the end of the week. We'll be doing the remaining Doyle preorders (Olive & Aubergine) at the same time.

Thanks for bearing with us, won't be much longer!

47272CDE-CE40-49D8-97A1-01BAB3AFC6F2.jpeg
F2101564-8B6E-4220-B610-7FC1B497DDF2.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THE SALT & PEPPER TWEED DOYLE

We just dropped this preorder today. We had enough for 24 units, and we've sold about five stock Doyles and a handful of custom pieces, but there's still a good amount to go around.

Preorder price is $245 and we're offering the Doyles in all sizes. Click here to check it out.

We'll deliver this in early November... it's going to get cut and sewn at the same time as the RedBar jackets.

It's a rad heavyweight tweed from Magee Scotland. At 16oz, it's lighter than Harris Tweed (18oz), but not by much. The yarns are alternating undyed wool and charcoal... and it has a slubby and slightly irregular weave. It's pretty freaking perfect. As a standalone jacket, it will keep you pretty warm, but you can also wear it in lieu of a sweater under your parka when it gets really brick outside.

I'm going to plug this fabric into our RTC items by Thursday. We can take custom pants, suits, sportcoats, Doyle, and Field Jacket orders on it too. If anyone wants a Hertling Garand or Thompson, I can also hook that up!

Okay... on to the pics...

Doyle Salt Pepper Main.jpg

Doyle Salt Pepper Open.jpg

Doyle Salt Pepper2.jpg

Doyle Salt Pepper Rear.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
THE SALT & PEPPER TWEED DOYLE

We just dropped this preorder today. We had enough for 24 units, and we've sold about five stock Doyles and a handful of custom pieces, but there's still a good amount to go around.

Preorder price is $245 and we're offering the Doyles in all sizes. Click here to check it out.

We'll deliver this in early November... it's going to get cut and sewn at the same time as the RedBar jackets.

It's a rad heavyweight tweed from Magee Scotland. At 16oz, it's lighter than Harris Tweed (18oz), but not by much. The yarns are alternating undyed wool and charcoal... and it has a slubby and slightly irregular weave. It's pretty freaking perfect. As a standalone jacket, it will keep you pretty warm, but you can also wear it in lieu of a sweater under your parka when it gets really brick outside.

I'm going to plug this fabric into our RTC items by Thursday. We can take custom pants, suits, sportcoats, Doyle, and Field Jacket orders on it too. If anyone wants a Hertling Garand or Thompson, I can also hook that up!

Okay... on to the pics...

View attachment 1839998
View attachment 1839995
View attachment 1839997
View attachment 1839996
I love it and the Philly trunk show! My socks are all American Trench and my outerwear is all Epaulet. I’m definitely coming out on Friday or Saturday.

Reminder to add an olive sateen option to the LA preorder 😉

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - I don’t know that I’m in the market for another Doyle but the salt & pepper tweed has me thinking about fall and winter and other fabrics. Have you ever done a camel hair Doyle? What’s the heaviest camel hair you can get your hands on (that would work on a Doyle?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
@Epaulet - I don’t know that I’m in the market for another Doyle but the salt & pepper tweed has me thinking about fall and winter and other fabrics. Have you ever done a camel hair Doyle? What’s the heaviest camel hair you can get your hands on (that would work on a Doyle?
There’s always room for Doyle.

**Message not endorsed by my wife.

Reactions: ljl

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love it and the Philly trunk show! My socks are all American Trench and my outerwear is all Epaulet. I’m definitely coming out on Friday or Saturday.

Reminder to add an olive sateen option to the LA preorder 😉

Rock and roll, will be great to see you! Drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll set up a custom invoice for you on both of those.

Oh absolutely we can do that. I actually have a perfect camel hair available in the new "Cal" overcoat that we're launching tomorrow. Here's a pic of it under the stole. Proper heavyweight pure camel from Piacenza..

Stole Navy Houndstooth1.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got a million pics to go through, but here's a quick preview. Today I had the privilege of hanging with the Notorious @macjedi ... a.k.a. J.Robie ... and we shot a bunch of this favorite pieces from the Alpaca project.

I'm a huge fan of his Instagram posts, so it was rad to bring the team back. I'll have a full gallery of pics to show soon!

Robie2.jpg
Robie1jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Good to see J. Robie! I used to love his posts here in SF and on Instagram, but pulling up his Instagram profile now, it doesn't seem like he's posted there in about 2 years.

Blastwice

Reaction score
^ Good to see J. Robie! I used to love his posts here in SF and on Instagram, but pulling up his Instagram profile now, it doesn't seem like he's posted there in about 2 years.

Isn't that around the time that Instagram became 100% ads? I stopped logging in when they started asking for me to prove things "for security" and haven't logged in since, because it's just 100% ads in the feed now.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that around the time that Instagram became 100% ads? I stopped logging in when they started asking for me to prove things "for security" and haven't logged in since, because it's just 100% ads in the feed now.

Yeah, that probably would correspond to when Instagram really went downhill. I still log in there but rarely post. I do enjoy the content from a few particular brands and some posters but yeah, the number of ads on there has gotten out of control (I’m also not really a big fan of all the videos from random users that show up on my feed on there).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads