• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does Saul Goodman operate out of the back storage room in that salon?

LOL either that or it's a place where you'll need to pay $8 to make your hair "nice and neat"

b95c46c3-8032-4599-806b-9ee9b65eded2_screenshot.jpg

And you'd be a putz if you try to refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm really thrilled to announce the the return of our Styleforum podcast! It's been about two years, but I'm thrilled to be a part of it again.

For our first new episode, I'm interviewing Jacob Hurwitz about American Trench, his take on retailing, his ups and downs, and his apt baked-goods metaphors.

You can check it out here!

Shoutout to Arianna for taking two wildly disparate headshots and blending them together so nicely for the graphic. Kinda looks like we host a morning show. I can imagine Jacob censoring his curse words with a slide whistle and me complaining about inflation at the nail salon. It's a fun time! I'd love to hear your feedback if you get a chance to listen to it.

E4B9B435-9F66-4F32-96E7-FA7E1F1BA272.jpeg

D9F17F20-D1CD-44A0-98D1-39999384815A.jpeg

Last edited:

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm really thrilled to announce the the return of our Styleforum podcast! It's been about two years, but I'm thrilled to be a part of it again.

For our first new episode, I'm interviewing Jacob Hurwitz about American Trench, his take on retailing, his ups and downs, and his apt baked-goods metaphors.

You can check it out here!

Shoutout to Arianna for taking two wildly disparate headshots and blending them together so nicely for the graphic. Kinda looks like we host a morning show. I can imagine Jacob censoring his curse words with a slide whistle and me complaining about inflation at the nail salon. It's a fun time! I'd love to hear your feedback if you get a chance to listen to it.

View attachment 1796741
View attachment 1796742
Great listen!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great listen!

Thank you!!

And I'd welcome any feedback.. positive or negative. Promise that I won't take any criticism personally.

I'm not a journalist or a podcast/radio host, I just enjoy talking and I have a decent amount of comfort in front of a camera or microphone. I pitched the idea of restarting the podcast with literally zero budget. I edited and mixed it all myself - and while I think it's decent - I'm sure that there's room for improvement. If we build a listener base and interest grows, then it will make sense to invest some resources into it in the future.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh also... we took some of our custom Doyles and Field Jackets and quickly shot them on our model last week...

First up is an AMAZING tropical wool from DiPray. We do have more of this fabric if you'd like a custom piece in it...

Doyle POW Grey Editorial.jpg

Doyle POW Grey Zoom.jpg

Next are some promotional "Factory Finds" luxe flannels from Loro Piana. These are all gone, but we're going back to Rochester in about four weeks, and we'll find a whole new crop of speciality fabrics to offer...

Field Jacket Brown Check.jpg

Doyle Smokey Blue Flannel.jpg

Doyle Brown Check Flannel.jpg

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh also... we took some of our custom Doyles and Field Jackets and quickly shot them on our model last week...

First up is an AMAZING tropical wool from DiPray. We do have more of this fabric if you'd like a custom piece in it...

View attachment 1796896
View attachment 1796895

Next are some promotional "Factory Finds" luxe flannels from Loro Piana. These are all gone, but we're going back to Rochester in about four weeks, and we'll find a whole new crop of speciality fabrics to offer...

View attachment 1796899
View attachment 1796898
View attachment 1796900
that blue windowpane is ace

jms

Reaction score
Thank you!!

And I'd welcome any feedback.. positive or negative. Promise that I won't take any criticism personally.

I'm not a journalist or a podcast/radio host, I just enjoy talking and I have a decent amount of comfort in front of a camera or microphone. I pitched the idea of restarting the podcast with literally zero budget. I edited and mixed it all myself - and while I think it's decent - I'm sure that there's room for improvement. If we build a listener base and interest grows, then it will make sense to invest some resources into it in the future.

Oh man, the ikats. I knew exactly where you were headed as soon as you mentioned it was a project that you and Jacob shared. I recall showing my girlfriend the ikat suit that you shot on Jay, I think, and her response was, "OH BOY." I did purchase the button down, and honestly, it's a great shirt. The suit though (or even the pants or jacket alone) was too much for me.

Loved the podcast and obviously in particular the 3 successes and 3 agonizing defeats segment. Sometimes you rock with world with shurikens and Kennedy socks and other times you've got too few samples and too much ikat. The only hiccups for me were the intro and outro, which are probably solved with a combination of scripting and repetition.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
that blue windowpane is ace

Yeah they did such an awesome job on it! We have some new pieces to show off in a video this week, including a Sashiko suit with some really rad button & suede details.

Oh man, the ikats. I knew exactly where you were headed as soon as you mentioned it was a project that you and Jacob shared. I recall showing my girlfriend the ikat suit that you shot on Jay, I think, and her response was, "OH BOY." I did purchase the button down, and honestly, it's a great shirt. The suit though (or even the pants or jacket alone) was too much for me.

Loved the podcast and obviously in particular the 3 successes and 3 agonizing defeats segment. Sometimes you rock with world with shurikens and Kennedy socks and other times you've got too few samples and too much ikat. The only hiccups for me were the intro and outro, which are probably solved with a combination of scripting and repetition.

Thanks for listening through it!

Yes, I'd totally agree that we need work at the start and end of the podcast. Getting the conversation going can be tough. Some people are going to be really sharp and focused subjects from the first second, but most will probably need some warm up before they're talking comfortably.

I think the next time, I'm going to start by asking the subject to discuss three songs that they really like. I'll plan to edit this out (but I won't tell them that). But maybe this gets the juices flowing, so that they're more in the groove when I ask the first question. And my first question will be more focused then something general like "tell us how you got started."

For the outro... haha... I have to research this. I listen to a lot of podcasts, but I don't really pay attention to how they end. When we were in the middle of recording, I realized that I didn't really have a good way to wrap things up. The previous podcasts ended with "Tell me something that's making you happy this week." Which was a callback to the former name of "Styleforum Happy Hour." So many something along those lines, but I'm totally open to suggestions.

Also, I'd love to hear if you guys have any specific people you'd want me to interview.

Reactions: jms

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL I'd do that in a heartbeat if you set it up.

Although I feel like you and me might literally be the only people on here who want to listen to his tales of "Steppin' to the AM"

He's a mutual of mine on twitter, but I haven't seen him post much recently. Last I knew he was living in or around Cooperstown, NY working in the baseball memorabilia business in town. I think he got in trouble for some kind of fraud. His business is Hauls of Shame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads