• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EB58FB8C-42BF-4F9D-A552-9363C622E86B.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Absolutely epic photos, thank you so much for posting them @suuteebird !!!

I love the purple tie with that 3-piece prince of wales suit.

Snazzy. I’m obsessed with prince of wales at the moment. Might go for the field jacket.

If you like that larger scale prince of wales, I've got enough of this offline fabric to make one additional field jacket. Would be the same price as the Dormeuil POW in the promo item...

City of London.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have a new product in the works, and I'd be really grateful to hear your thoughts on it!

Last year, we had a ton of requests for a casual mesh athletic short. By the time I started development, we were way too far into the Spring season, so I put the idea on hold until now. We're ready to go with these now, and we can have delivery as early as end February for the first batch.

The concept is a clean and logo-free athletic short. Its features are:
1) 100% Polyester, UV-resistant open knit mesh.
2) Slimmer fit than the typical athletic short, with a shorter 5" inseam. Hits mid to lower thigh on most.
3) Full liner of the softest interior poly mesh that we could find. They feel incredibly comfortable to wear
4) Front pockets with silver or gold-tone metal zippers
5) Drawstring closure with metal tips (they'll match the zippers in tone)
6) Contrast grosgrain tipping with either two or three accent colors

My planned retail for these will be $95. We'll most likely do an advance preorder for 15% off that ($80.75). The sizing is just S/M/L, and that will cover waist sizes 30 to 38 (approx).

Here's one the the colorways below. If you click through here, then you can see all 7 colorways that we mocked up and vote for your favorite one...

Mesh Shorts Grey Black.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Absolutely epic photos, thank you so much for posting them @suuteebird !!!

I love the purple tie with that 3-piece prince of wales suit.

If you like that larger scale prince of wales, I've got enough of this offline fabric to make one additional field jacket. Would be the same price as the Dormeuil POW in the promo item...

View attachment 1742833
Oh boy. I’m gonna need to rack my brain. I want three custom jobs right now but also not to be strangled by mai wyfe.

Do you have the City of London or Firenze?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh boy. I’m gonna need to rack my brain. I want three custom jobs right now but also not to be strangled by mai wyfe.

Do you have the City of London or Firenze?

I've got some inventory in both. City of London is almost out, and looks very similar in size and scale to @suuteebird 's gorgeous 3-piece suit. It's a 4-season fabric and would make for a wonderful field jacket IMO.

Firenze has decent inventory, but it's more for cooler weather. Both would be the same price as the 365 Amadeus goods.

We've got the RTC discount going until Thursday for these Luxe Promo goods, so no big rush for most of the fabrics. If you really dig the City of London though, let's get that finalized ASAP as another client could grab that final yardage at any point.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Three beautiful new custom shirts just arrived and I shot some quick photos...

First is one of our new Albini 4-season prints. These are all available to order through our site...

Sakura Festival Blossoms.jpg

Next is the raddest printed flannel that we've ever offered! This is discontinued, but there's still enough cloth to do another few pieces. Drop me a DM or email to [email protected] if you'd like to get one. Price is $250...

Modfather Printed Paisley.jpg

Last is another promotional fabric that we marked down to $185. Very old school with this duotone houndstooth pattern. DM or email if you'd like one!

Sand and Navy Houndstooth.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet any idea when the new Kamigata run can happen?

Really soon. We're going to drop off the pattern and this new fabric with the factory on Friday. With luck, we'll get the sample in a week or so and then go live after that. Planned delivery mid-March. We're going to offer three colors of space dye washable tweed, and then the Woolrich heavyweight tweed.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the Kamigata fabric! It's from Yoshiwa mills, and it's a 7oz blend of cotton, wool, and nylon. Machine washable and freaking awesome. We'll offer two colors... the purple/indigo one below and the sand/khaki one on top. Preorder price will be $195.

DSC02773.jpg

Additionally, I'm going to offer the Woolrich Herringbone tweed at $175 and a basic, easy chambray at $150. The Woolrich is a closeout... we can make about 12 units in total, so I'm pricing that one competitively. We tend to sell Kamigatas in smaller sizes than our usual stock ranges, so this preorder will be a great chance to stock up if you like the shape!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, cool fabric choices, hope that you can do a video presentation when you have all of the options together. I think those have always helped me decide on a fabric when I've been on the fence, and are probably why I feel comfortable buying strange one-off type fabrics from y'all.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, cool fabric choices, hope that you can do a video presentation when you have all of the options together. I think those have always helped me decide on a fabric when I've been on the fence, and are probably why I feel comfortable buying strange one-off type fabrics from y'all.

Totally yes. And we're going to do a sample in the purple/indigo washable tweed, so you can see how the whole garment makes up in that. It's kind of hard to visualize, even for us.

We're going to really expand the "Preorder Project" concept this year. Our production in LA is a lot faster and more streamlined than before. The concept will function like our last few projects: we offer a range of fabrics in all of our sizes, you can preorder your chosen combo at 25% off. We'll go on to stock a small range of the items in the more popular colors and sizes after delivery. So preorders are a way for our existing customers to get a great price and/or a speciality size or fabric that we wouldn't otherwise offer.

When we asked for feedback, guys told us they wanted better sales materials, faster delivery, and better communication. To that end:

1) We'll try to make full physical samples of preorder items wherever possible. If it's not sampled, we'll try to mock it up in Illustrator. They'll always be HD videos, natural light photos, and outfit layouts to show how the fabrics can jibe with matching pieces.

2) Delivery is WAY better than before. Our last two finished projects (Sashiko Doyles & Chainstitch shirts) both arrived right on time. The new ones (Sashiko Rivets, New Doyles) will be here on or before schedule. We should be able to turn most LA-made projects within four weeks, and sometimes sooner than that. I can't totally control what happens at external factories, but we can now effectively manage how things are made here in our hometown.

3) Yesterday was our first dedicated preorder project newsletter. Ming went to the factory and took some pics of our Sashiko Rivets in work. He sent an email newsletter to all customers on the newsletter with a status update and pics. We'll look to do this for all of our LA projects in the future. I won't flood your inbox, but when we'll send a quick note when we've hit a milestone and we can accurately quote a completion date:

project email.jpg

Jlancia

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the Kamigata fabric! It's from Yoshiwa mills, and it's a 7oz blend of cotton, wool, and nylon. Machine washable and freaking awesome. We'll offer two colors... the purple/indigo one below and the sand/khaki one on top. Preorder price will be $195.

View attachment 1744543
Additionally, I'm going to offer the Woolrich Herringbone tweed at $175 and a basic, easy chambray at $150. The Woolrich is a closeout... we can make about 12 units in total, so I'm pricing that one competitively. We tend to sell Kamigatas in smaller sizes than our usual stock ranges, so this preorder will be a great chance to stock up if you like the shape!
Oh wow these are fire - do you think they're on the warmer side or more of a 3 season? I'm leaning towards the Woolrich as I'd love a kamigata for a cozy cardigan alternative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads