• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And I was just speaking with Ming... it's definitely our intention to bring back the Sinclair and the Wilhelm.

Early planning stages with this, but I think it's realistic for us to offer a rad Spring suiting collection with a garment dyed twill and both of those trousers. Here's the plan:

1) We're sewing out our first samples of the Sinclair and the Wilhelm next week. We'll be shrink testing them for a new 8oz PFD twill. The goal is to get our sizing spot on (or at least extremely close) post wash and dye.

2) Once we nail that, we can offer a great preorder of the Sinclair, the Rivet, and the Wilhelm. We'll do Indigo for sure, then either Gunmetal or Olive as the second, and then maybe something crazy like neon orange. I can't say no to neon orange.

3) We can then offer these pieces as a quick preorder project, much like we just did with the Sashiko Rivets and Patchwork Doyles. They'll be made at our new facility in LA, so a 4-6 week turnaround is totally realistic.

4) And for guys like @alkydrinker ... there would then be an opportunity to dye the cloth with the finished clothes and have it made up as an individual MTO with Hickey Freeman. Would definitely carry a significant upcharge as making with RTC is a lot more expensive, but you've have total control over finished sizing. And since we'd use coherent dye baths, the custom jacket would tie back perfectly to a stock Rivet or Wilhelm. Or you could upgrade to do a Walt/Nico/etc in the dyed cloth too.

I'll need to see how pricey the new twill is, but I think it's realistic to offer the jacket & pant together for a preorder price of around $300. And you can of course buy them a la carte. More info to come!

Last edited:

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
return of the Sinclair? oh boy here i go killing again!

I dunno why but I keep thinking an mto jogger program (with a cut more like a Walt with elastics) plus matching Sinclair mto in great fabrics would really just be peak pandemic casual wfh suit fashion.
I know I’d give it a try.

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Eva if there's ever a chance to be able to revisit the Kamigata (I know you mentioned it may be possible w/ patch pockets instead of the current jetted form, but I think jets are where it's at) I'd be in for at least one or two more. I wish I knew how much I liked this design sooner, to think of all the amazing Ends for Friends fabrics I missed out on!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@Epaulet Eva if there's ever a chance to be able to revisit the Kamigata (I know you mentioned it may be possible w/ patch pockets instead of the current jetted form, but I think jets are where it's at) I'd be in for at least one or two more. I wish I knew how much I liked this design sooner, to think of all the amazing Ends for Friends fabrics I missed out on!

Hey @losrockets me and Eva have been in discussion to start producing a limited run of Kamigata's actually with the welt pockets with our new factory. We're thinking of offering it in the intarsia patch denim ($195 pre-order price), the travel tweed denim ($150 pre-order price), and probably a basic indigo chambray like the original one ($150 pre-order price).

Do you guys like those choices and what kind of fabrics would you guys like to see in the Kamigata?

Jlancia

Reaction score
Hey @losrockets me and Eva have been in discussion to start producing a limited run of Kamigata's actually with the welt pockets with our new factory. We're thinking of offering it in the intarsia patch denim ($195 pre-order price), the travel tweed denim ($150 pre-order price), and probably a basic indigo chambray like the original one ($150 pre-order price).

Do you guys like those choices and what kind of fabrics would you guys like to see in the Kamigata?

These choices sound great - I'd love a heavier wool tweed option like from Woolrich or Harris.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get one in natural Sashiko! I already have a few tweed Sinclairs and a pair of blue Kamigata so as appearing as the intarsia one is, I'll have to pass.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
These choices sound great - I'd love a heavier wool tweed option like from Woolrich or Harris.

We can definitely make that up, Eva told we have some of the ' Woolrich Mushroom Herringbone Tweed' left in the studio to make it up and can probably price that at ($195 pre-order price).

A Kamigata in this tweed below we did in the Sierra Vest would be pretty wild.
SierraWoolrichHboneDetail_800x.jpeg

Jlancia

Reaction score
That would be awesome - I know Visvim has offered something similar but I really haven't seen it anywhere else:
fba9ff5193a812ade9a01f57d13e1011.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That would be awesome - I know Visvim has offered something similar but I really haven't seen it anywhere else:
View attachment 1739948

Totally yeah, this is a great idea! We'll absolutely include this in the preorder. I think it makes total sense as a Kamigata, and you'd have a bulletproof wool garment that you could wear year after year

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LA Garment District Combines The Best PFD Canvas and Random, Unexpected Dolls

It's a trip working in this town sometimes.

Yesterday, Ming and I spent most of our time running production and errands. We put the finishing touches on a Spring/Summer shorts project -- which is really exciting, and I'll share with everyone tomorrow. And we sourced a really wonderful 8oz prepare for dye canvas...

IMG_3616.JPG

8oz canvas was the first fabric that we ever offered in the Rivet Chino, and it's still one of my absolute favorites. It's soft, it's tough, and it fades beautifully. The plain weave gives a little bit of a vintage look when it's garment dyed. I think that this will be our go-to fabric for our Spring Rivets, Doyles, and Sinclairs. We can dye it in any color that we like, and this particular source is very consistent with finish and shrinkage.

Now... it's also funny that this enormous fabric warehouse also has a strange side-hustle. This is actually more common than you'd think. Quite a few of the factories offer totally unrelated goods and services... and this is something that I've only seen in LA.

Anyway, their door had three individual signs that said "DOLLS FOR SALE: $30" After we finalized our fabric buy, I asked to get more info on these dolls. The sales woman was a bit confused and kind of unprepared. Like I was the first person to see the Doll ad and ask to view the product. But I have a little girl who's turning 8yo in two weeks, so I'm in the market for stuff like this.

They brought down a huge box and told us that the dolls are so huge that only two can fit inside. She also asserted that they usually sell for $150 a piece. I can't confirm or deny that, but I can tell you that these dolls are absolutely enormous:

IMG_3592.jpg

I'd say that it weighs about 15lb. It's some kind of random anime character that looks like a very stylized Avril Lavigne. I ended up buying it as a spectacular -- if somewhat confusing -- birthday present for my daughter.

Another day in LA production! Outside of that, our factory is going hard on both the Sashiko Rivets and the new Doyles. Rivets should be here right on time, and I think that Doyles have a good chance of arriving a bit early.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two Doyle Jackets in Peacock Wool/Silk/Linen

Hey guys, I've got a special deal for you. A little over a year ago, we offered this rad fabric for custom Doyles, and it was out best seller of the whole season. The dealer was down to his last four yards, so I bought all of the remaining goods. This is enough to make TWO jackets.

I was going to ship it to RTC and offer it for customs. But I realized that we have a big stock batch of Doyles going through now, and I can offer it in stock sizing at (1) a radically lower price and (2) a radically faster turnaround. Instead of custom at $465 with end March delivery, we can do stock at $295 with mid Feb delivery. Any even size from 36 to 48 is possible, but we cannot do any modifications to stock sleeve or body length.

I figured that I'd offer it here before anywhere else. If this is calling your name, then you can place your order here:

https://www.epauletbrand.com/products/doyle-in-peacock-donegal-wool-silk-linen

And you can even upgrade to Smoke MOP buttons for another $50 with this item

Doyle Peacock Donegal Cuff.jpg
Doyle Peacock Donegal Made Up Full.jpg
Doyle Peacock Donegal.jpg

Doyle Peacock Donegal Detail.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads