• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a formal process for it, but we can pretty much do a custom Doyle in a customer-submitted fabric for $335. You buy and ship the stuff to Hickey Freeman, and we manage the process with them. We need 3 yards of cloth and it needs to be a fairly rigid fiber (cotton, wool, linen, hemp) with little to no stretch.

Drop Ming an email and we can get this going for you! The team at RTC is making excellent progress through our outstanding pieces and definitely ready for more work.

Jesus Chrisy are you trying to bankrupt me!?!? I guess I need to go see what Liberty fabrics are available. Sigh
<3

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@Epaulet Is there any status updates to the IS shirts? Been waiting a year+. Just want a confirmation if it's a go or no go. Assuming it's a no go and would rather have kept the shirts to sell/gift away but whatever I just want an update.

@Valfunde can you PM me your order number? I can get a status on it for you from Individualized. Had a few emails from them recently of a few shipments.

Valfunde

Reaction score
@Valfunde can you PM me your order number? I can get a status on it for you from Individualized. Had a few emails from them recently of a few shipments.
Well, I mean this order was a while back and the only thing I have is the convo (still have it) in PM I have with Eva. Likewise, I can't seem to log in onto the site to see previous orders. Trying to do forgotten password doesn't go anywhere as well.

The order involved a possible redo of shirts that I was told to send off to IS themselves.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Well, I mean this order was a while back and the only thing I have is the convo (still have it) in PM I have with Eva. Likewise, I can't seem to log in onto the site to see previous orders. Trying to do forgotten password doesn't go anywhere as well.

The order involved a possible redo of shirts that I was told to send off to IS themselves.

A name or email would do also. I don’t have access to Eva’s PM log so I can’t search for that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Running too late to launch this today, but we're going to offer this rad batch of fabrics for all RTC makeups (Suits, trousers, sportcoats, doyles, field jackets). Will be live tomorrow (maybe late tonight) and priced at 15% off for about a week.

We'll also take orders on the Doyle preorder fabrics (including that bonkers Intarsia Denim) for about 5 days in case anyone wants something custom in them.....

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and the Sous Vide cooker is getting a ton of use over here! These are large strip steaks cooked for three hours at 135, then seared on the range top for 90 seconds per side…

D0CCA4BE-919A-4A5A-A1F8-89873A65E62D.jpeg
B3EC01E8-2C76-4B00-A552-26F58A989EB4.jpeg

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
I picked up a Seria vest to experiment with back when they hit the sale section. Recently, I have been enjoying some weather around 5 degrees F, so I have had the opportunity to do some serious layering with the vest, and I feel like it has performed pretty well. I just could not help but think the vest would be better with handwarmer pockets. I could see myself wearing it in less oppressive cold if I could throw it on over something like a flannel shirt to get handwarmer pockets, but as it stands, I will pretty much always grab something like one of my Doyles instead to eliminate the need for gloves.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
OUR NEW DOYLE PRE-ORDER PROJECT

Hey guys! We're back with our first Doyle project for the year. We sourced four awesome new fabrics, and we'll be taking orders from today through next Thursday (1/13).

You can check out the project and place an order here.

Since I can speak candidly here, these are the details:

1) Compared to the general pandemic-era chaos of the past 18 months, our preorders are MUCH more organized and fast now. Our new factory is making things quickly and Ming is doing an amazing job with management and oversight. When we say we'll deliver by the end of February, we mean it!

2) I even have samples of the items we're offering. This was freaking impossible before. These days, we get proper samples made in a week. They're available at our Redondo Beach showroom if any LA-area locals want to stop by and check them out.

3) Preorders will all be done with a price incentive. Often times, we have a 15% off code for stock items when they launch. For preorders, we're building in a discount of about 20% for anyone who orders in advance. Any open stock is then listed at full price.

4) Preorders allow you to access our full size range and all available fabrics. If you need a 36, 46, or 48... these sizes are preorder only. I'd suggest doing a preorder if you take a 38 or a 44 as well -- we typically only stock one or two units in those sizes.

5) Customizations (sleeve and body length changes, pocket changes) are not possible with these group buys. They can absolutely be done via our program with Hickey Freeman, though the price is significantly higher. You can also commission these fabrics as a Field Jacket, sportcoat, or trouser. I'll make seperate items for that and present them on Saturday.

NOW ONTO THE FABRICS.......

View attachment 1733310
This has been our most popular preorder fabric so far, and it's no wonder why. It's freaking amazing! Patchwork is a bold look, but this hits a nice balance of being visually striking but still very much wearable. And it's insanely comfortable. It's one of the softest denims that I've handled. If you're a fan of the Doyle shape, then I think this is a must. Preorder price is $195, which is really competitive for a distinct fabric like this.

View attachment 1733311
This cotton-wool-lyocell blend is a bit like tweed and denim had a child. It has a polished and sharp look -- complete with a tonal herringbone weave and ecru flecks. But it's machine washable and wrinkle resistant. It's a great option for dressing up the Doyle and giving it a biz-caz vibe. Killer preorder price at $150... which is $25 less than our OG retail price for basic duck canvas.

View attachment 1733312
This is BONKERS, and one of the coziest wools that we've ever offered. The exterior has a soft felted hand... almost like a wool velvet, and the interior is a smooth flat will, much like a suiting jacket. The texture is gorgeous and this dark merlot color is perfect IMO. It's still going to be the dark days of Winter when we deliver, so you'll get plenty of wear out of this before it gets too cold. It works great as an outerwear piece or a cardigan-esque layering item under a thicker parka. Preorder price is $225 and stock is limited to about 10 more units.

View attachment 1733313
I was so glad to find this denim. Sourced from Nihon Menpu, it's a combination weave of black and dark indigo yarns. The overall color is a deep midnight blue and the broken twill weave gives off a cool texture when you see it up close. We kept it minimal with dark matched thread, and the color is deep enough that it's still totally wearable with a normal blue jean. This was crucial... as previous denim Doyles have always begged the question... "how do I wear that with jeans?" This works perfectly with them. It should fade like a beast over time too. This is also our opening preorder price of $150.

For this project, I switched up our usual video concept and shot each sample on the dress form with some narration. I need to slow down my camera work and get better at panning, but I'm hoping that this is a good technique to deliver a lot of extra content. Definitely open to feedback on this. When the weather is more cooperative, I might try to do it on a balcony for better lighting.

Haha. Just ordered a pair of jeans in that same indigoxblack broken twill. It's tempting for a full Canadian tuxedo in that fabric. IMHO, broken twill is the best denim weave.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I picked up a Seria vest to experiment with back when they hit the sale section. Recently, I have been enjoying some weather around 5 degrees F, so I have had the opportunity to do some serious layering with the vest, and I feel like it has performed pretty well. I just could not help but think the vest would be better with handwarmer pockets. I could see myself wearing it in less oppressive cold if I could throw it on over something like a flannel shirt to get handwarmer pockets, but as it stands, I will pretty much always grab something like one of my Doyles instead to eliminate the need for gloves.

Ah that's good feedback... thanks! Actually our very first Sierra vest had half-moon handwarmer pockets, but we had a lot of customers asking for buttoned patch pockets so that they could carry a phone and card case in the vest. I'm glad that the fits working for you though! We'll definitely bring back some fresh fabrics in this shape for the Fall.

Haha. Just ordered a pair of jeans in that same indigoxblack broken twill. It's tempting for a full Canadian tuxedo in that fabric. IMHO, broken twill is the best denim weave.

Oh rad, yeah I love that denim too! I'll have it online as an option for all of our trouser fits later today.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have a new collar, and it needs a name!!!

For the past two years, our custom shirts have skewed towards the more casual side - for obvious pandemic reasons. We have a brand new collar to offer a casual, but still really elegant vibe. It has no top button, and the second button is meant to be open. The points are wide and long (3.5"), so they sit nicely under a jacket. It's kind of like "Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Three The Hard Way" had a child. I think it's freaking rad, and a really fresh way to do spring fabrics likes linens, poplins, and prints.

I've got four names that we're considering:

1) Greenleaf (as in Dickie Greenleaf)
2) Mack (as in the M-Fing Mack)
3) Curtis (as in Curtis Mayfield or Curtis Jackson. Just not Curtis Sliwa, please)
4) Barry (as in Barry Gibb)

Which one is your favorite? I'm also open to other suggestions!

Mack Collar 2.jpg
Mack Collar.jpg

gersztoffee

Reaction score
Again, these Doyles are insane, but why would I place an order when I've been waiting on a sportcoat since July? Makes no sense. I hate to beat this drum but for awhile you got away w/blaming Hertling, Now you have no excuse. You've literally posted 2 videos of a jacket I ordered. I guess I'm not Instagramy enough, otherwise you'd have shipped it by now.

gersztoffee

Reaction score
At this point, give me my $900 back & keep the jacket, b/c I know that's what you want.

Reference-- I ordered the Pia Cenza (close) cashmere jacket w/ Chevrons.

Never again. You lost a customer.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Again, these Doyles are insane, but why would I place an order when I've been waiting on a sportcoat since July? Makes no sense. I hate to beat this drum but for awhile you got away w/blaming Hertling, Now you have no excuse. You've literally posted 2 videos of a jacket I ordered. I guess I'm not Instagramy enough, otherwise you'd have shipped it by now.

I'm really sorry that you're so upset and I absolutely understand. I'm not sure if you got my email, but I wrote you Monday morning at the address in your account (lloy****@gmail). I know that you sent a chat message here, but I can't access it. The chat function on this site is honestly pretty worthless. Emails to Ming (custom[at]epauletbrand.com) or chat messages on social media (IG or FB, links are in my signature) are the best way to reach us.

The delay in your jacket has absolutely nothing to do with Instagram or me wanting to keep your sportcoat. The fabric is gorgeous, and believe me - I want nothing more than to get it into your hands ASAP. We bought that fabric with our own up-front money here in Los Angeles and sent it to Hickey for your makeup. It was off-price, but still very expensive. My goal was to sell it and make something beautiful for you.

Pardon my French, but I'm just as ******* sick of COVID-19 delays and excuses as you guys are. It sucks, and I can't believe that we're still dealing with this. When we listed the promo fabrics in July, no one was expecting the Delta wave to come through, shut down their partner factory in Montreal, and redirect a ton of work to Hickey from Canada... thereby shutting out our production for a few months.

They reopened on January 4th, and the plan was to focus almost exclusively on our backordered items. But Omicron hit, and like so many other industries (medicine, retail, hospitality), they have almost 40% of their workforce on quarantine leave. People are overwhelmingly vaxxed and expected to return just fine next week, but it still threw another wrench into things.

Hickey wasn't the only factory affected. Most of them were. Gitman shirts that we ordered in mid-June just shipped on Dec 24th. Those are just shirts! Hertling has been doing who-knows-what since their move. I'm into them for about $2500 of merchandise that I paid for and didn't receive. No one can really get anything from them, not even their own direct sale customers - although I'm grateful that we were able to ultimately ship your Hertling trousers last year. I have nearly $10,000 of Sashiko fabric sitting on a boat since early November that still can't dock in Long Beach.

Please just bear with us a little bit longer. Provided there's no other insane global wave after this, we're close to the end of this. I'm trying to manage expectations here and delight customers - but also balancing that with keeping the lights on. Any other Fall, I would have done a MASSIVE launch of our RTC collection with a blanket discount and a whole ton of fabrics. But we kept it small scale and only presented some promo trousers and Sashiko suits. This was a major loss of sales for us, but also allowed us to catch up on most (but not all) older orders.

I'm still missing some RTC stuff, but we've also had a bunch of beautiful pieces delivered. The Piacenza cashmere items that came before you - and were videoed - were ordered in 2020, and came with their own pandemic-related delays. But I promise, it won't be much longer, and you're going to be thrilled with this jacket. And I do feel confident that we'll get to where we need to be with turnaround time. Hickey has had its struggles through this ordeal, but Southwick had its problems too (they didn't need a pandemic for that), and our RTC items are objectively the best clothing that we've ever made. Our partnership with them is solid, and we're close to being through these difficult times.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads