• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad news about Unis but it sounds like she's closing up shop on a positive note.

I bought a couple pair of chinos and a tweed overshirt from them what must have been about 12 years ago? I think I actually bought them through the early days of Gilt Group IIRC. The stuff held up so well and I still wear the shirt all the time. I only parted ways with the chinos because I put on too much weight.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sad news about Unis but it sounds like she's closing up shop on a positive note.

I bought a couple pair of chinos and a tweed overshirt from them what must have been about 12 years ago? I think I actually bought them through the early days of Gilt Group IIRC. The stuff held up so well and I still wear the shirt all the time. I only parted ways with the chinos because I put on too much weight.

Oh wow Gilt Groupe! I was just talking about them and Park & Bond just last week. For a fun bit of time travel, here's a press release from 2011. LOL there was a time in New York when every single party offered shoe shines and haircuts courtesy of heavily tattooed guys who looked like Lenny and/or Squiggy.

E-commerce menswear outpost Park & Bond has traded in e-tailing for retailing for the fortnight leading up to Christmas. For those unaware, Park & Bond is a full-price collaborative effort between cost-conscious GIlt Groupe, and respected men’s mag GQ. For their first full-fledged brick and mortar, the brain-trust behind Park & Bond commandeered gallery space in New York’s posh meatpacking district for a two-week pop-up shop. Selections include hand-curated menswear and accessories picked by GQ editors, and aptly dubbed GQ Selects. While celebrities like Nick Wooster, Chace Crawford and Lance Bass produced themselves for Thursday night’s opening, Friday night’s festivities provided an all together different triumvir. These included, but were not limited to, meticulous haircuts, leather chair shoe shines, and artisan cocktails. Gilt city in collabo with Blind Barber tri-captains Jeff, Adam and Joshua made haircuts available to party-goers at a discounted rate. For those whose follicles didn’t need tending, shoe shines were provided free of charge. And if that didn’t strike your fancy, there was always the booze. Replete with a velvet smoking-jacket clad juggler, and choice wares from Thom Browne, Persol, Filson and Etro, the Park & Bond Pop-Up is a dandies delight running through December 17.

https://hypebeast.com/2011/12/gq-x-park-bond-pop-up-shop

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Pack up your MiUSA classic menswear/biz-caz business in NYC to move to Colorado and do something GORP-y"

-Menswear 2008-2021 in a nutshell.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
"Pack up your MiUSA classic menswear/biz-caz business in NYC to move to Colorado and do something GORP-y"

-Menswear 2008-2021 in a nutshell.

It do be like that tho.

I don't live in Colorado but Redondo Beach sure as hell isn't NYC and I've actually been camping TWICE this year. That's after not camping for my entire life up until 2021.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It do be like that tho.

I don't live in Colorado but Redondo Beach sure as hell isn't NYC and I've actually been camping TWICE this year. That's after not camping for my entire life up until 2021.
Then come on out and join us (that is, the natives and all the Texans and Californians). In 2008 I had to explain what "J. Crew" was to most people. Now we got stores that carry (and sell through) Visvim and Acronym.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Then come on out and join us (that is, the natives and all the Texans and Californians). In 2008 I had to explain what "J. Crew" was to most people. Now we got stores that carry (and sell through) Visvim and Acronym.

Haha yeah you're totally correct on that, it's definitely a better environment for retail. The only storefronts that can really thrive here (it seems) are the more denimhead concepts.

Being so close to the LA Garment district brings some major value though.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SASHIKO MACS ARE 40% OFF

Hey guys,

It's the perfect weather for these jackets and we've been sitting on a bit of inventory for a while. I'm gonna clear them out with a 40% markdown. They're awesome jackets, but unfortunately not something that we can continue with. Customers overwhelmingly prefer the Doyle/Rivet/Blanket in this fabric, and I can barely get enough Sashiko for those shapes. So if you dig the Mac style, this is going to be the last time that offer it.. in Sashiko at least. I'll send this out in our newsletter around 4PM PST.

Price is already marked down to $225 and you can see the available colors and sizes here

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SASHIKO MACS ARE 40% OFF

Hey guys,

It's the perfect weather for these jackets and we've been sitting on a bit of inventory for a while. I'm gonna clear them out with a 40% markdown. They're awesome jackets, but unfortunately not something that we can continue with. Customers overwhelmingly prefer the Doyle/Rivet/Blanket in this fabric, and I can barely get enough Sashiko for those shapes. So if you dig the Mac style, this is going to be the last time that offer it.. in Sashiko at least. I'll send this out in our newsletter around 4PM PST.

Price is already marked down to $225 and you can see the available colors and sizes here

alas! the sash mac was the new doyle.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha yeah it’s back to basics for at least as long as this fabric and supply shortage goes on.

oh and personal note…. We officially have your pants en route from RTC!

oh cool - as someone who at one point had parka and wilhelm orders in the queue (were there more impossible items in the inventory over the last 18mos.?) - most glad to here the eagle has landed on this one. like my coaches said (/yelled): the follow through is part of taking the shot - thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's some still pics of the sportcoats that we received! There are all promo fabrics from July, so there's sold out, but I should get some pieces late next week with current fabrics that we can order into. I can't believe how nicely they made up!

Piacenza Smokey Blue Cashmere
Smokey Blue Cashmere main.jpg

Piacenza Olive Chevron Cashmere
Olive Chevron Cashmere Detail.jpg

"Harry Callahan" Black & Undyed Irish Tweed
Harry Calahan Main.jpg

Carlo Barberia Chocolate Flannel Check
Carlo Barbera Chocolate Check Detail.jpg

DiPray Grape Static Check
Static Grape Check Main.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads