• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlancia

Reaction score
Speaking of photos.... may I present our very first RTC-made Field Jacket!!

This is so fly I almost can't stand it. Fabric is the "Olde English Tattersall" that's available in the Overcoat item. It was styled with leather knot buttons and elbow patches. It's absolutely magnificient.

I want to wait a week for us to get this first big delivery of backordered items, but then we'll update the custom Doyle & Field Jacket item with a bunch of available fabrics. This is just the beginning!

View attachment 1690586 View attachment 1690587 View attachment 1690589 View attachment 1690590
Awesome! How does the inside look on these? Completely unlined like the LA builds or a bit different?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will we get an elbow patch option for doyles? If that gonzo weave tweed were to show up as a doyle option, I doubt I would be able to resist.

Yup, we can absolutely do that! I can take that order right now and also get you that Doyle shipped from RTC by Thanksgiving.

Pricing will be $495 for the jacket plus $50 for the patches. The rtc15 code is in effect, so $463.25 for the whole thing. I had to deactivate the custom Doyle item because most of those promo fabrics are gone, but you can quickly email me the following to [email protected]....

1) What size you want for the Doyle
2) Do you need any modifications to sleeve or body length (available in half inch increments)
3) Button choice
4) Interior seam taping color
5) Elbow patch color

I'll set up a custom online item and we'll get it going! They're absolutely thrilled with all of the business we're sending and we'll absolutely be their largest independent account by next year.

Seam Options.jpg
Button Options.jpg
Suede Elbow Patch.jpg

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
Yup, we can absolutely do that! I can take that order right now and also get you that Doyle shipped from RTC by Thanksgiving.

Great to hear. I just had one more question. I have a doyle in what I think you called the loden ultimate speckle, or something similar. It was a medium/heavyish coarse and crunchy feeling charcoal flannel with rainbow flecks. The seams on it, especially the seams over my traps, feel sort of bulky. I still love the coat, but I think this fabric's seams are about at the limit for me. Do you think the seems would come out thicker in this fabric?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome! How does the inside look on these? Completely unlined like the LA builds or a bit different?

It's super clean and fantastic. Excuse the dusk lighting out there but here's a video:

Great to hear. I just had one more question. I have a doyle in what I think you called the loden ultimate speckle, or something similar. It was a medium/heavyish coarse and crunchy feeling charcoal flannel with rainbow flecks. The seams on it, especially the seams over my traps, feel sort of bulky. I still love the coat, but I think this fabric's seams are about at the limit for me. Do you think the seems would come out thicker in this fabric?

Hmmm I doubt it, but I'm more than happy to check out what you ordered if you want to DM me your last name.

This fabric is a medium weight tweed and overall the interior work from RTC is a lot cleaner and smaller. So I'd be fairly sure that this will fit you better. But we can also do half sizes in this, so if you got a 40 and find that a touch too restrictive, I can order you a 41.

Reactions: ljl

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
Hmmm I doubt it, but I'm more than happy to check out what you ordered if you want to DM me your last name.
Thanks, but watching that video you just posted, the seams and tape look way slimmer and rest flatter than on my doyle. If the doyle comes through anything like that, I think things will be just fine. expect an email soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, but watching that video you just posted, the seams and tape look way slimmer and rest flatter than on my doyle. If the doyle comes through anything like that, I think things will be just fine. expect an email soon.

Excellent! And yes, the Doyle is crafted in the exact same way on the interior. The field jacket is really just a Doyle with a different pocket layout.

The interior taping and seams on the RTC jackets is much smaller and finer. They can execute it better with their machines.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and since I'm bombing the thread with content... we shot a bunch of videos at RTC and finally got around to editing them. There's a ton of stuff on the factory floor, but thought you might get a kick out of this pre-Depression suit...

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so if these new RTC orders can be in by thanksgiving, does that mean you expect all outstanding RTC orders to be in by thanksgiving?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so if these new RTC orders can be in by thanksgiving, does that mean you expect all outstanding RTC orders to be in by thanksgiving?

Yes, absolutely. We have a long list of pending orders but definitely expecting the vast majority of them by Thanksgiving. Should have quite a few in hand at the end of this week. Believe me that we're out busting chops on it every single day

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone... quickly checking in!

1) Rivet Chinos are nearly done, but got delayed until (hopefully) tomorrow. We went to the factory to pick them up this afternoon but one of their overlock machines broke earlier in the day and they were unable to complete them. I'm planning to personally go at 4PM tomorrow again and get them myself. Will keep you advised.

If you have a tracking number for a Hematite or Tweed Chino... you won't see any progress on it, but rest assured, we are fighting to get this stuff finished and shipped to you.

2) We're about 1.5 weeks on the corduroy Doyles. Been a way longer voyage with those then there should have been, but they're comfortably in work and should be done very soon. Ming has been wearing the sample on the regular, and TRUST me... you're going to absolutely love how this comes out.

3) Sashiko & Tweed Doyles should be on the sewing machines at the end of this week. As I wrote, I'm only doing preorders this season for stuff that's comfortably in work. Once they start sewing and I can see that personally, then I can confidently know that we're two weeks out for pickup in white & tweed, and three weeks out for dyed colors.

If all goes well, I'll be doing a preorder for both of these on Saturday. You can buy into the incoming inventory for 25% off and your choice of colors and buttons

4) Chainstitch shirts are comfortably in work. I think it's realistic for us to ship the white ones in about 7-10 days, and the dyed ones a bit after that. I'll have pics later in the week to show.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also... sad news, but UNIS New York is shutting down. If you were ever a fan of their stuff, they're doing their final clearance sale now:

https://shop.unisnewyork.com/

Feels like the end of an era for sure. We were definitely contemporaries in the NY scene back then.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also... sad news, but UNIS New York is shutting down. If you were ever a fan of their stuff, they're doing their final clearance sale now:

https://shop.unisnewyork.com/

Feels like the end of an era for sure. We were definitely contemporaries in the NY scene back then.
Lost one of the #menswear 1.0 gang with this one...

The Gio chino was a close cousin to the Rivet. Sorry to see them go.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lost one of the #menswear 1.0 gang with this one...

The Gio chino was a close cousin to the Rivet. Sorry to see them go.

Yes, she was OG for sure. Everyone is talking about it on Reddit. Apparently she took a full-time job at the North Face a few years ago and moved to Colorado. So she had been running the business indirectly and it was just the right time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads