• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
Are the suiting fabric options up-to-date? I’m in need of a new suit - are you about to release any new options?

sam_emerson

Reaction score
Just a quick shout out to Eva and Ming for an excellent customer service experience. Had an issue with sleeve length on some made-to-order shirts but they got it sorted with no fuss. Very much appreciated, team.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice and brisk in NYC today so I happily broke out some texture, including two of my favorite EP garments: sashiko Doyle and donegal Walt trousers.
893AD6E2-12FA-4FCB-93A0-5CD902F45366.jpeg
50FAEA43-B437-4707-9F50-E04DFB035990.jpeg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No fit pic (lol) but I sure did enjoy my Epaulet sweatpants this morning on my walk. Mmmmmm morning rain in LA. Definitely my favorite time of the year. Get to break out all the sweaters!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The rivets did not work for me when I tried them in the past. It has been a long time since I have seen you do anything with the Sandow fit; have you abandoned that one? At least offer a Wilhelm. Otherwise, I like the idea of a pair or two of garment-dyed denim. I have gotten similar products before from cheaper brands but always wanted something that felt a little higher quality.

+1 on a wilhelm shape, need something for us thicc boys

Haha I absolutely understand the Thicc issues that you guys face. So here's the story from my side:

1) The Sandow and the Wilhelm are essentially the same fit. Wilhelm seemed to be a better name, so that's what we went with. That's going to be the name of our larger-fit RTC trouser too.

2) This jean concept will be fairly mass-produced (150 units minimum per cut), and to date, I've had a difficult time maintaining an active customer base of stock Wilhelm guys.

It's a bit strange, as the Rudy/Wilhelm makes up about 25% of our custom orders, but stock items are often pretty difficult to sell. The return rate is really high as well, as guys with larger legs will have fairly varied physiques.. and just because the chinos fit in the thighs doesn't mean that they also fit in the waist.

3) So I doubt that we'd have a Wilhelm option for these, at least in the early days, but I am developing a new stock resource for inexpensive biz-caz trousers and chinos with much smaller minimums. If I could bring in 36 pairs of Wilhelms, I'd do it in a second. It's the larger quantities that are especially difficult.

Nice and brisk in NYC today so I happily broke out some texture, including two of my favorite EP garments: sashiko Doyle and donegal Walt trousers.
View attachment 1687548 View attachment 1687549

DAYUMMM.... those look awesome! What a boss pairing together.

No fit pic (lol) but I sure did enjoy my Epaulet sweatpants this morning on my walk. Mmmmmm morning rain in LA. Definitely my favorite time of the year. Get to break out all the sweaters!

Haha yeah, it's been surprisingly cold here too in the mornings. I've been wearing Cosmic Thunderbird sweatpants myself in the mornings when I take my daughter to school.

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
1) The Sandow and the Wilhelm are essentially the same fit. Wilhelm seemed to be a better name, so that's what we went with. That's going to be the name of our larger-fit RTC trouser too.

No. I can not believe this. I have both Wilhelms and Sandows in the same size, and they don't feel the same at all. The most obvious difference is the Wilhelms have way more rise.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I absolutely understand the Thicc issues that you guys face. So here's the story from my side:

2) This jean concept will be fairly mass-produced (150 units minimum per cut), and to date, I've had a difficult time maintaining an active customer base of stock Wilhelm guys.

It's a bit strange, as the Rudy/Wilhelm makes up about 25% of our custom orders, but stock items are often pretty difficult to sell. The return rate is really high as well, as guys with larger legs will have fairly varied physiques.. and just because the chinos fit in the thighs doesn't mean that they also fit in the waist.

3) So I doubt that we'd have a Wilhelm option for these, at least in the early days, but I am developing a new stock resource for inexpensive biz-caz trousers and chinos with much smaller minimums. If I could bring in 36 pairs of Wilhelms, I'd do it in a second. It's the larger quantities that are especially difficult.

DAYUMMM.... those look awesome! What a boss pairing together.

Haha yeah, it's been surprisingly cold here too in the mornings. I've been wearing Cosmic Thunderbird sweatpants myself in the mornings when I take my daughter to school.
You could count me for a pair of Wilhelm in size 31. Wearing my trusty cotton twill khaki Wilhelm today

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the suiting fabric options up-to-date? I’m in need of a new suit - are you about to release any new options?

@nd1nd2nd3 Thanks! So we're in the midst of re-doing the RTC presentation, but three things:

1) Next week will be the relaunch. At that point, we should have a decent amount of backorders received and firm dates on anything outstanding, so I feel comfortable trying to solicit new orders then.

2) We'll offer 15% off the whole collection with code rtc15
You can definitely use that code now, it's already active

3) The seasonal fall fabrics, especially tweeds and flannels, need to be updated. We've got some new things to add and quite a few fabrics are sold out and have to be taken down. But the four-season fabrics are pretty fixed. I don't have anything significant to add, and we should have stock in all of what's shown or nearly all. So if you want to do a suit now, would be a good time, and most of the options are in front of you now.

Ming's gonna drop you an email about it!

Just a quick shout out to Eva and Ming for an excellent customer service experience. Had an issue with sleeve length on some made-to-order shirts but they got it sorted with no fuss. Very much appreciated, team.

Thank you so much Sam!! Thanks for all of your support and enjoy those beautiful shirts!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, already sent those off to LuxeSwap. I'll definitely post links here once they're live, though.

For the weight loss, I did a 4 week pause on added sugars. Outside of that, I'm generally adhering to the 16/8 intermittent fasting unless I wake up really hungry and mostly leaving the wine and whisky for weekends. That was enough to for me to drop about 15lbs over a couple months and it's stayed off for about 4 months now so I'm apt to believe it's gonna be permanent.

Just wanted to chime in that I went through something similar around the time I burned 40 (I'm near 50 now) where high cholesterol and blood sugar labs made me take my body's health seriously for the first time, ever. I would say the two things that made the biggest difference in regards to weight was 1) cutting down on carbs (but not going full zero carb) and 2) as Duke Silver mentioned, 16/8 intermittent fasting (i.e. 16 hours fasting, 8 hour window to eat). The summer I started, I dropped ~25 pounds and have maintained the same, new weight for almost a decade now. (It's also what brought me to this forum because I needed a whole new wardrobe and needed ideas of how to start!)

Obviously, "your mileage may vary" but I will say that the thing about intermittent fasting that works is simply how it almost naturally leads to calorie restriction because many folks aren't going to try to pack in the same amount of calories into an 8 hour eating day vs.16 hour one. I never was much of a breakfast eater but once I stopped snacking after 8pm, that became a major way in which I was reducing my daily calorie intake without consciously trying to (I don't count calories in the least).

Just wanted to congratulate both of these guys for the weight loss testimonials that they posted on our B&S thread. One silver lining to the COVID shitshow is that a lot of people have been able to reevaluate their lifestyles and get on a healthier track. I've heard similar stories from a lot of customers, and it's a great thing. If anyone ever wants to post about health/fitness/wellness/whatever on the thread please go ahead!

I'm definitely a lot healthier these days than I was pre-March 2020. All the shutdowns killed my drinking and socializing, forced me to cook more at home, and -- for a while -- made an outdoor gym my only source of any kind of collective experience. It's definitely an improvement from where I was. Though I am trying to cope with high LDL levels because my diet is somewhere between a cast member of "Jersey Shore" and a character from the Flintstones. But working to get that under control!

Last edited:

thegenius

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope that you all are well and thanks for all of the notes and feedback. I want to be transparent about things so I'll break this into four sections:

1) We've been in regular contact with @thegenius throughout this process, and I sincerely apologize for the issues that he's had. For his specific trousers -- which were custom Wilhelms -- we've actually paid for both the fabric and the make on them twice. They are scheduled to ship out to us from Rochester around the end of next week.

Our first time was last year in Los Angeles. You guys might recall that we did an order round for custom Rivets and Wilhelms. These had to be cut a small sample room as our usual factory cannot make individual pants, just jackets. They took fabric and payment for about 25 pairs of Wilhelms and then closed up shop. There's actually a pair of Natural Sashiko trousers in there for Ming as well... which he bought months before he started working with us.

We kept trying to get them done last year and eventually settled on sending the cloth and orders to Hertling. They should have arrived this past Summer along with the 70-odd pants that we successfully received from hertling, but none of the Wilhelms were made. That fabric, and the payment for those units, was lost once again. When we buy stuff at wholesale like this, we pay via a bank transfer, so there is no chargeback or real recourse. It's not a ton of money or a ton of units, but it did anger and inconvenience quite a few of our customers.

The ball is now in Hickey Freeman's court. We have around 30 trousers leaving next week, which will largely be super old backorders from this ill-fated Wilhelm round and some lost Southwick & Hertling units. We are keeping track of any and all unfulfilled orders and no one is going to get cheated out of their product. They're also the best pants maker that we've ever used, so I'm happy to say that the final product will be superior to both the LA and Hertling units that were originally scheduled.

@Epaulet

1) I don’t consider a 3 week interval of not replying to a customer “regular.” I also point out you’ve found the time to write 4 detailed posts protecting your business from public scrutiny and since then still haven’t replied to my email.

2) Consider sending out a quick email blast letting people know about ongoing issues or changes to production. This will scale particularly well so you’re not having to address individual emails directly.

3) I find how a person chooses to operate during times of difficulty is a strong representation of their character. There’s an entitled part of me that wants to cite how 7 years and thousands of dollars should warrant an apology but I get that you’re likely burnt out from having to give them in addition to having to run a business in the middle of a pandemic.

I’m asking for you to settle and close my account as a gesture of good faith given my patience due to the circumstances. Send what you’ve made which last I was informed was two pairs (I’m so in the dark I don’t know what is actually going to be sent) and refund me for the remaining two if you don’t have the fabric or production available to complete them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES PRODUCTION UPDATE

Hey guys,

Here's a quick update with our local factory. TLDR: we have a freaking ton of stuff happening between now and right before Thanksgiving.

1) The Fall Rivet Chinos are *finally* finishing this week. Estimated pickup day is Thursday or Friday. I'm launching the open stock for Hematite and restocks of Khaki and Navy today.

2) Remember that photo of my car packed to the top with fabric rolls? I'm happy to say that they're all cut. In normal times, this would take nearly 3 weeks at my factory, but the outside cutting contractor was able to get it done in a single day. Huge time savings, and this means that we can have everything in hand in the next few weeks. Including:

3) Corduroy Doyles for both preorder and stock are already in work. With luck I can ship preorders and show open stock in two weeks on the Chocolate Wide Wale, and 3 weeks for the Garment Dyed

4) I cut a full 75 units of Sashiko Doyles. I want to wait for them to actually begin sewing, and then we'll do the preorder with different colors and button choices available. It will be the fastest Sashiko preorder in our entire history. As long as they're on the machines, I can be confident of shipping 3 weeks after orders are placed (2 weeks for sewing, 1 for dye and finishing)

5) Chainstitch shirts are all cut and should being sewing first thing on Monday. We'll ship the Optic white units in about 2 weeks, dyed units in about 3 weeks. You can still place orders against this incoming stock. I'll have this item online and available until the very day that we assign colors at the dye house.

6) One other little project that I'll off is the Doyle in that beautiful Magee olive tweed. Once it's in sewing, we'll offer final sale discounted preorders that offer 25% off retail and your choice of buttons... including some rad woven leather wrapped ones. I'll keep you posted on that.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
New Hematite Twill Rivet Chinos, Khaki & Navy Restock

616f43e0523cf7001dab2e9c

They're here! After long last, our Fall '21 Rivet Chinos are starting to roll in.

Let's kick it off with an incredible brand new fabric: Kurabo 9oz Hematite Twill. The surface is a dark mixture of slubby charcoal and medium grey yarns, with subtle off-white flecks running throughout the weave. It's wearable year round and extremely soft from the very first wear. The interior is a darker and more uniform dark grey tone.. offering a cool contrast when you roll up the bottom cuff.

Alongside this banger are two crucial restocks of of our Yoshiwa Khaki Jungle Twill and Navy Cramerton Twill. These cotton chinos are ready to wear immediately and absolutely perfect for the weather out there! Use the code below to save 15% for the next two days, while supplies last....

rivet15

If you preordered Hematite Twill, then you should expect shipping within the next 3-4 days. Thank you for your patience, and we're sure that these chinos will exceed your expectations!

616f45187c36a9001c71d09d

Rivet Chino in Hematite Twill: $175 ( $148.75 with code rivet15 )

616f45efd6a40f001f09f8f3

Rivet Chino in Yoshiwa Khaki Jungle Twill: $165 ( $140.25 with code rivet15 )

616f455d523cf7001dab2ed2

Rivet Chino in Navy Cramerton Twill: $145 ( $123.25 with code rivet15 )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads