• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
If you got blue, grey, and dark purple handled, then seems like you'd want to go green or orange for the fourth. Surplus olive? Classic fatigue green, like an M-51 army jacket? Also, blaze orange seems to be having a moment, though I imagine that's a harder sale on a bulk scale.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you got blue, grey, and dark purple handled, then seems like you'd want to go green or orange for the fourth. Surplus olive? Classic fatigue green, like an M-51 army jacket? Also, blaze orange seems to be having a moment, though I imagine that's a harder sale on a bulk scale.

Good call yeah, I'd actually love to offer an orange tone. We ran Rust in the Corduroy preorder and it did okay. Maybe it's a stronger tone in Sashiko.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good call yeah, I'd actually love to offer an orange tone. We ran Rust in the Corduroy preorder and it did okay. Maybe it's a stronger tone in Sashiko.

I could really go for something in the color of my first car in the next sashiko mac run~

4002CE0F-919F-4DA4-B5A3-15CFEEA1227C.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I could really go for something in the color of my first car in the next sashiko mac run~

View attachment 1681148

1) This car is freaking amazing

2) I agree, I'd love to find some kind of new brown tone to offer. Mink is a great one, but we've done that a few times. Chestnut got a lukewarm reaction. Maybe we need to aim for more of a tobacco tone.

3) Sadly, I think that the current Sashiko Mac stock will be the very last Sashiko Mac's. Our demand for this stuff is just vastly outstripping the fabric and production capability, and the Doyle, Rivet, and (especially) blankets are just way more successful. I think that the Mac and last year's Parka are pretty much one and done.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) This car is freaking amazing

2) I agree, I'd love to find some kind of new brown tone to offer. Mink is a great one, but we've done that a few times. Chestnut got a lukewarm reaction. Maybe we need to aim for more of a tobacco tone.

3) Sadly, I think that the current Sashiko Mac stock will be the very last Sashiko Mac's. Our demand for this stuff is just vastly outstripping the fabric and production capability, and the Doyle, Rivet, and (especially) blankets are just way more successful. I think that the Mac and last year's Parka are pretty much one and done.

1/ a 1980 900gli, 4speed, soccer ball caps. missed dearly forever. drove it off a rail and down a mountainside in a snowstorm traveling through wva on my way home for holidays from my first army post. walked out of the car alive. drove saabs until gm effed it up and the wonky '08 bailouts decided I couldn't.

3/ File under: well, hell. much prefer the epla sprezz to rtc's calling card of fit/finish perfection imho, though thank you for the latter either way. [cue youtube "noooooo" montage +

5059AA79-42C4-4D92-9EBE-E4A0D5710AA2.jpeg

planet x

Reaction score
Among the other Epaulet pieces, I have, from a few years back:

A Woorich mushroom tweed sinclair, size 40, I love it, fits great. I have a blue sashiko Doyle, size 40, fits great.

I bought a purple Doyle size 40 a year or so, was huge on me. Found out after the fact that yall said you changed sizing (a year or so before COVID) to be, if I recall "more true to size". I went down to a 38. You recommended shrinking it in the wash and dryer which I did, and it temporarily fit while it was warm and shrunk but turns out its quit bigger than my "old" size 40s, which fit me great. Some regrets there, as I may have to go get it tailored and I'm not sure it'll work. I've barely worn it as a result.

With the Sierra herringbone vest promotion, I really like the idea of having an outdoorsy fall tweed vest and am looking at picking one up on sale, but notice you don't have anything smaller than a 40. When were these cut? The promotion mentions this is not a final sale, so I have nothing to lose by ordering one and trying one on, but I want to save us both some time if it's going to be boxy and huge on me. I'm trying to get things to look better on me by buying clothes that fit well and not just buying whatever, hence my effort post here.

With all that said, @Epaulet can you inform of how the vest, a relatively new piece for you, is cut compared to your "old" sizing? Can I assume this is going to be bigger than my older pieces that fit (in my opinion) way closer to a 40 on me your current 38 does? I'll look at the sizing, but I'm 5'7,8 ish.

Thanks!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Among the other Epaulet pieces, I have, from a few years back:

A Woorich mushroom tweed sinclair, size 40, I love it, fits great. I have a blue sashiko Doyle, size 40, fits great.

I bought a purple Doyle size 40 a year or so, was huge on me. Found out after the fact that yall said you changed sizing (a year or so before COVID) to be, if I recall "more true to size". I went down to a 38. You recommended shrinking it in the wash and dryer which I did, and it temporarily fit while it was warm and shrunk but turns out its quit bigger than my "old" size 40s, which fit me great. Some regrets there, as I may have to go get it tailored and I'm not sure it'll work. I've barely worn it as a result.

With the Sierra herringbone vest promotion, I really like the idea of having an outdoorsy fall tweed vest and am looking at picking one up on sale, but notice you don't have anything smaller than a 40. When were these cut? The promotion mentions this is not a final sale, so I have nothing to lose by ordering one and trying one on, but I want to save us both some time if it's going to be boxy and huge on me. I'm trying to get things to look better on me by buying clothes that fit well and not just buying whatever, hence my effort post here.

With all that said, @Epaulet can you inform of how the vest, a relatively new piece for you, is cut compared to your "old" sizing? Can I assume this is going to be bigger than my older pieces that fit (in my opinion) way closer to a 40 on me your current 38 does? I'll look at the sizing, but I'm 5'7,8 ish.

Thanks!

Hi @planet x for the herringbone vest it’s pretty true to size. I model the vest and I’m usually 40 in everything for the most part. Sashiko is a lot different since we have to dial in the fit along with shrinkage.

thegenius

Reaction score
After 1.5 years of waiting on the outstanding custom trousers and denim orders I made all I want now is a refund on what isn't finished and ready to be sent to me. I get the pandemic has been hard on everyone but thats precisely why I can't have my money locked up for years.

To date I’m still missing:
  • 2x Wilhelm Chino’s in Yoshiwa Crosscut Pique
  • 1x Wilhelm Chino's in Woolrich American Tweed
  • 1x Ultrafleck Midnight Wilhelm Jeans.

Let me share with the forum what has my experience been like while waiting for this 1.5 years.

For starters the custom jeans they have completed are totally off in sizing. If you compare the Size 35 Nisshinbo Jet Black Wilhelms to the Size 35 Andalou Earl Greys and Nisshinbo Antique indigos they’re about 2 inches larger in the mid thigh (see photos below). I wasn’t notified of the cut change either so I can only chalk this up to lack of quality control. I say anything because after waiting so long for them sending them back to be recut would have just been pointless and caused more delays and cost more money out of my pocket.

I should mention that they wouldn’t send the above order until I reviewed a negative review I posted. That kind of hostage negotiation tactic just sits badly with me but I complied because they have both my money and product. Eva was kind enough to throw in an extra pair of Antique indigos they had due to the inconvenience.

They lost a cookies and cream chain stitch shirt which I ordered and had to replace it with a different shirt.

Since this started to go south I started to document all the exchanges Ive had. I'll share TLDR version of the 18 email changes so far regarding the rest of my orders that are missing:

March 2021 - After reaching out to Ming and he explains there are production delays in their LA factory and they also lost my material for the Ultrafleck. They did offer a refund at this time which I should have taken but I had confidence they would come through with the new changes to their production so I rolled the dice..

April 23rd 2021 - After reaching out via email after no word and Ming notifies me they would send the material to Hertling after production issues with LA factory and to expect a 6 week turn around. They also managed to source more Ultrafleck. Says he would update me on progress.

June 14 2021 - After I reached out due to no response, Ming tells me that Hertling hasn’t finished them. Promises to update me as things progress.

July 12, 2021 - After no updates yet again I reach out again, Ming tells me that they had to move production to RTC because Hertling is with a backup of 6 months. Offers me custom buttons as consolation further delays, I decline and just ask for the default production selections. Ming promises to inform me of updates.

August 2nd 2021 - After no further updates I reach out and request a refund. Ming declines to give me a refund because the fabric is cut. Promises mid September delivery.

September 24th 2021 - I reach out again and find out 2 trousers are finished and should be sent in the next two weeks. No mention of which two have been finished or whether the other 2 items were in production. Maybe they don’t have fabric, who knows?

October 8th 2021 - I reach out and request a refund for the remaining items that aren’t in production and can’t be sent. Still haven’t received anything and haven’t heard back.

PXL_20211010_205029779.MP.jpg PXL_20211010_205035151.jpg PXL_20211010_205358297.jpg PXL_20211010_205449311.jpg

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
After 1.5 years of waiting on the outstanding custom trousers and denim orders I made all I want now is a refund on what isn't finished and ready to be sent to me. I get the pandemic has been hard on everyone but thats precisely why I can't have my money locked up for years.

Let me share with the forum what has my experience been like while waiting for this 1.5 years.

For starters the custom jeans they have completed are totally off in sizing. If you compare the Size 35 Nisshinbo Jet Black Wilhelms to the Size 35 Andalou Earl Greys and Nisshinbo Antique indigos they’re about 2 inches larger in the mid thigh (see photos below). I wasn’t notified of the cut change either so I can only chalk this up to lack of quality control. I say anything because after waiting so long for them sending them back to be recut would have just been pointless and caused more delays and cost more money out of my pocket.

I should mention that they wouldn’t send the above order until I reviewed a negative review I posted. That kind of hostage negotiation tactic just sits badly with me but I complied because they have both my money and product. Eva was kind enough to throw in an extra pair of Antique indigos they had due to the inconvenience.

They lost a cookies and cream chain stitch shirt which I ordered and had to replace it with a different shirt.

Since this started to go south I started to document all the exchanges Ive had. I'll share TLDR version of the 18 email changes so far regarding the rest of my orders that are missing:

March 2021 - After reaching out to Ming and he explains there are production delays in their LA factory and they also lost my material for the Ultrafleck. They did offer a refund at this time which I should have taken but I had confidence they would come through with the new changes to their production so I rolled the dice..

April 23rd 2021 - After reaching out via email after no word and Ming notifies me they would send the material to Hertling after production issues with LA factory and to expect a 6 week turn around. They also managed to source more Ultrafleck. Says he would update me on progress.

June 14 2021 - After I reached out due to no response, Ming tells me that Hertling hasn’t finished them. Promises to update me as things progress.

July 12, 2021 - After no updates yet again I reach out again, Ming tells me that they had to move production to RTC because Hertling is with a backup of 6 months. Offers me custom buttons as consolation further delays, I decline and just ask for the default production selections. Ming promises to inform me of updates.

August 2nd 2021 - After no further updates I reach out and request a refund. Ming declines to give me a refund because the fabric is cut. Promises mid September delivery.

September 24th 2021 - I reach out again and find out 2 trousers are finished and should be sent in the next two weeks. No mention of which two have been finished or whether the other 2 items were in production. Maybe they don’t have fabric, who knows?

October 8th 2021 - I reach out and request a refund for the remaining items that aren’t in production and can’t be sent. Still haven’t received anything and haven’t heard back.

View attachment 1683558 View attachment 1683559 View attachment 1683560 View attachment 1683561

This is disappointing to hear. I love getting Doyles in odd fabrics when they are offered and I really like the sandows and higher waisted pant offering at Epaulet. I had an order of in-stock items take nearly two months to get sent out last year including a pair of Wilhelms. The Wilhelms were my first pair of that cut, so I can't compare for consistency, but they are great. The order also had a ton of random masks thrown in; probably to make up for being late. All of the masks were unwearable due to the extreme strength of the elastic resulting in them shooting themselves off of my face. A recent order went through without incident for me so I was hoping I could take that as an indication that Epaulet was back on track, but your story gives me pause as I imagine my next order being one of pants similar to your order.

I would love to know whether this is an anomaly or if others are still having problems?

Beav

Reaction score

View attachment 1683558 View attachment 1683559 View attachment 1683560 View attachment 1683561
This is too bad. I've been a customer of Epaulet for 10 years and have tons of their stuff. But stories like this surface way too often. Especially with so much of their product is now MTO or some sort of special project, I'd hesitate to buy anything that isn't an in stock item. There's really no excuse, if indeed the situation has played out as described (I'm not making an assessment one way or another on this account. But there's been stories like this surfacing on this thread, it makes me think this is credible).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the pre-order stuff I haven't had an issue with. I tried one custom item order back in Feb/March that was supposed to arrive in April/May and I'm still waiting.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Obviously that order fell through the cracks, but I always find Eva and Co. to be operating in absolute good faith. 2020 and 2021 have, by all accounts, been apocalyptic on the supply chain every which way.

So OP is right and justified to be upset, but I would just flag that we are living in interesting times.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely unfortunate situation. Hopefully it gets remedied satisfactorily.

Dark chocolate shadow plaid Walts from simpler times. (2017). Still one of my favorite pair of pants.
PXL_20211011_211843872.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously that order fell through the cracks, but I always find Eva and Co. to be operating in absolute good faith. 2020 and 2021 have, by all accounts, been apocalyptic on the supply chain every which way.

So OP is right and justified to be upset, but I would just flag that we are living in interesting times.
By most accounts the preorder stuff seems to be okay and churned out without issues. Seems like the custom item stuff is having trouble. Things happen and it kind of sucks but I'll live. Luckily it's not a big order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads