• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does the Kuroki 7oz Blue Frost Chambray have a slight sheen to it?

When it's brand new yes.. you can see that in the product photos. But it's like denim -- it has a sheen and a bit of a stiff hand before the first wash, but after some use and break in it's going to be like most other chambrays. It's a great lightweight piece

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A trippy trio indeed
1CD25F18-BEAB-4402-BC7D-29854E3804AC.jpeg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
The Best Wool-Leather Varsity Jacket on Earth

Custom made for you in Scotland with your choice of materials & sizing

141C02E9-DADD-4329-986C-8AE9E95DFA55.jpeg

The "Thorpe" is our exclusive collaboration design with Aero Leathers of Scotland. This modern varsity jacket pairs a sturdy 21oz British Melton Wool body to your choice of six different leathers. for the sleeves, collar, cuffs, and trim.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

You can choose the base wool color, the sleeve & collar leather, sizing & length, and the body liner for an entirely customized piece. Each Thorpe jacket will be meticulously crafted in Scotland by Aero Leathers, and dispatched within approximately 8 to 12 weeks.

Pricing ranges from $900 to $1100, depending on your leather choice. Your payment is broken into a half deposit up front, and half balance upon arrival. You can take 15% off the deposit for one week with code:

aero15

We have an amazing array of leathers... including our exclusive Unfinished Horsehide. If you opt for that, your Thorpe leather will age from a light blonde to a dark caramel tone with wear. That's a pretty incredible option for a modern varsity jacket!

CD115B34-2F4D-468A-A8DC-736B4A774FC6.jpeg

8D9EFE8C-A613-4036-80E3-1F34C15C1967.jpeg
62E68063-6567-4F0F-90F8-8300259EF230.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had occasion to wear my favorite EP shirt yesterday. Love that artisan collar.
008C17DC-B830-4AC2-8A8F-0E61554A2D21.jpeg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
The Sashiko Mac: New Indigo Color & Save 20%

614a36387c36a9001a44df49

Crafted in genuine 12oz Japanese Sashiko cotton, The Mac is a supremely comfortable and versatile 3/4 length coat. This rakish shape is easily dressed up or down, and it's perfectly at home with chinos, denim, and textured trousers. It's a handsome piece that offers a classic design in a distinctive fabric and color. These pieces are in stock and ready to ship immediately.

This gorgeous jacket is perfect for the cooling weather outside and we have three colors available. Order with the code below by Thursday to save 20% on it....

mac20

(Mac coats purchased with this code are not final sale and may be exchanged or returned within 14 days)

Order Links Below
Sashiko Mac in Indigo: $345 ( $276 with code mac20 )
Sashiko Mac in Shadow Ink $345 ( $276 with code mac20 )
Sashiko Mac in Mink: $345 ( $276 with code mac20 )

614a3659cbd80f001c34fa9a

614a36a4a2aca2001f9d9a66

614a36b2523cf7001ce7afe7

Last edited:

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Order by Midnight & Save 15% on ALL Doyle Jackets

This absolutely gorgeous jacket begins as a dark indigo 12oz denim from Japan's esteemed Kaihara Mill. The base cloth is dyed a dark jet black via a triple bath immersion. You can save 15% on this and ALL Doyle jackets until midnight with code:

doyle15

Doyle Jacket in Black Overdye Denim: $195 ( $165.75 with code doyle15 )

6145a6e37c36a9001a4464b7

As you wash and wear this jacket, the black will slowly fade out and reveal the dark indigo tone underneath at its major flex points. The intensive dye process also dramatically softens the cloth, making this one of the most comfortable jackets that you've ever worn!

6145a6f97c36a9001a4464c4

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sashiko Mac: New Indigo Color & Save 20%

614a36387c36a9001a44df49

Crafted in genuine 12oz Japanese Sashiko cotton, The Mac is a supremely comfortable and versatile hooded 3/4 length coat. This rakish shape is easily dressed up or down, and it's perfectly at home with chinos, denim, and textured trousers. It's a handsome piece that offers a classic design in a distinctive fabric and color. These pieces are in stock and ready to ship immediately.

This gorgeous jacket is perfect for the cooling weather outside and we have three colors available. Order with the code below by Thursday to save 20% on it....

mac20

(Mac coats purchased with this code are not final sale and may be exchanged or returned within 14 days)

Order Links Below

614a3659cbd80f001c34fa9a

614a36a4a2aca2001f9d9a66

614a36b2523cf7001ce7afe7

These are hooded?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!!

It's the last day to order into the "Ends for Friends" promotion with Rochester Tailored Clothing.

HERE'S THE LINK TO CHECK IT OUT

Let me give you a quick rundown of things:

1) We're offering about 20 fabrics in our full range of trouser sizes and shapes.

2) Looking about a 6 to 8 week lead time for delivery.

3) Pricing ranges from $250 to $295. Each piece is individually made to your specs, and we have options for buttons and finished hems.

4) This is about 25% to 30% cheaper than the regular-priced Fall trouser fabrics

5) Each piece is made at the historic Hickey Freeman factory in Rochester, New York.

We mocked up a few of our favorite trouser fabrics from what's still available. This way you can visualize it better:

Duca Visconti Chocolate Corduroy: This is the same plush and gorgeous corduroy that we're using for the Doyle jackets, which are due in a few weeks. Seriously, if you bought a Doyle in this or you're thinking of it, then get the pant. You won't regret it. This corduroy is freaking epic, and this will make for an insanely boss 2-piece look.

DiPray Chestnut Farmer's Check: Old school pattern that's just begging to be worn under a navy blazer. It's a nice mid-weight that's not too heavy, and the hand is really soft.

news3.jpg

Iced Cafe Latte Flannel: Neutral color base and a really sharp old-school windowpane check. Looks vintage in the best possible way.

Moonstone Bleached Denim: This is the pant that you didn't realize you ever needed, but you totally love! We took bolts of the denim and bleached it at our dye house. We'll ship that cloth to RTC for these makeups... meaning that the fabric is already fully treated and pre-shrunk. Every year we sell sportcoats in fairly bold patterns and guys sometimes struggle with what pants to pair them with. The rad and comfortable bleached out denim will work with literally every other Fall piece that you own, and bring a heavy Pitti Uomo vibe with it.

news2.jpg

S150s Revenge Check: One of the most luxurious dress fabrics that we've ever offered. Hand is insanely soft and the weight is on par with the typical suiting pant. This is begging for a Color 8 shell cordovan footwear match.

E.Thomas Alpine Hunter Check: One of our best-selling fabrics for custom jackets, this mid-weight Italian flannel has a classic dark check pattern that's eye catching but still very versatile and wearable due to the dark color mix.

news1.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Got some great feedback on a RTC suit for a wedding recently from a customer.

"I just gotta say, wow. What a top-quality suit. It really came out very well. Fits like a glove, unreasonably well. The fabric is unreal (didn't realize it was Loro Piana). Absolutely impeccable makeup. And it will still work with all of the prior accessories (belt, footwear, tie, etc.). Excellent outcome considering the complication.
The shirt is also excellent. Most definitely the best-fitting shirt I own (most of my white shirts are Brooks Brothers; even the extra slim fit shirts make it feel like you're wearing a tent). Color match with the suit is very good."

Looking forward to shipping more suits out as soon as we receive them from RTC.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
AERO LEATHER JACKETS UPDATE AND DEADLINE

Hey guys!

Got a few things happening with Aero leathers today. Out of all our manufacturing partners, they've been the most reliable with production and delivery this year. We've actually made more custom jackets in 2021 than in any year since 2017. Feedback has been amazing, and these are wonderful jackets to invest in. Here's what's happening...

1) Each jacket order is broken into a half deposit and half balance upon delivery. We're offering 15% off all deposits with the code aero15 until midnight tonight. You can see the full lineup of available shapes here

2) This code is applicable to the insanely rad Thorpe Varsity Jacket too!

3) In terms of timing, we need to get orders in this week to guarantee delivery before the end of the year. Turnaround has been relatively quick, but things get backed up around the holidays and COVID could certainly be an issue once again as the weather gets colder. If you want a custom piece before Christmas, then please get your order in today

4) We updated the Aero Leathers microsite to show some new gallery pics and testimonials

We received two really nice notes for Unfinished leather jackets that we shipped out last month:

I am totally blown away by the quality of this jacket. The fit is great as well. Thanks again for helping me make this jacket a reality!
Nolan from Cupertino California
Purchased the Highwayman in Unfinished Horsehide

Thank you for your help with the sizing. I'm really pleased with the fit and looking forward to breaking this in!
Sajid from Clifton Park, New York
Purchased the Cafe Racer in Unfinished Horsehide

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AERO LEATHER JACKETS UPDATE AND DEADLINE

Hey guys!

Got a few things happening with Aero leathers today. Out of all our manufacturing partners, they've been the most reliable with production and delivery this year. We've actually made more custom jackets in 2021 than in any year since 2017. Feedback has been amazing, and these are wonderful jackets to invest in. Here's what's happening...

1) Each jacket order is broken into a half deposit and half balance upon delivery. We're offering 15% off all deposits with the code aero15 until midnight tonight. You can see the full lineup of available shapes here

2) This code is applicable to the insanely rad Thorpe Varsity Jacket too!

3) In terms of timing, we need to get orders in this week to guarantee delivery before the end of the year. Turnaround has been relatively quick, but things get backed up around the holidays and COVID could certainly be an issue once again as the weather gets colder. If you want a custom piece before Christmas, then please get your order in today

4) We updated the Aero Leathers microsite to show some new gallery pics and testimonials

We received two really nice notes for Unfinished leather jackets that we shipped out last month:

I am totally blown away by the quality of this jacket. The fit is great as well. Thanks again for helping me make this jacket a reality!
Nolan from Cupertino California
Purchased the Highwayman in Unfinished Horsehide

Thank you for your help with the sizing. I'm really pleased with the fit and looking forward to breaking this in!
Sajid from Clifton Park, New York
Purchased the Cafe Racer in Unfinished Horsehide

I've got 3 different Aero jackets via Epaulet and quite frankly they are some of the best pieces I own. Incredible quality and craftsmanship, amazingly comfortable, and stunning to both wear and look at. If you don't have one yet - you should fix that problem right now!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got 3 different Aero jackets via Epaulet and quite frankly they are some of the best pieces I own. Incredible quality and craftsmanship, amazingly comfortable, and stunning to both wear and look at. If you don't have one yet - you should fix that problem right now!

Thank you so much, it was an absolute pleasure making them for you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads