• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m not saying I will purchase a fluorescent sport coat. But, hypothetically, if I did - could i get the Nuovo fit with a decent shawl lapel? (Self fabric, not satin). For very dramatic black tie functions…

Haha, I mean.. there's no possible way that I could say no to that. The self shawl is usually a tuxedo upcharge, so we might have to tack about $75 on to the discounted price, but yes... we would surely do that. Totally bonkers idea!

colors copy.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to let you know before I post my newsletter for Plinth & Scratch that my Cruising Short Sleeve Camp Shirt in Selvage Cotton Seed Fleck Yoshiwa Twill is now marked down to $90. No code needed.

You can size down one from your usual Epaulet shirt sizing. It's a great deal for a selvage cotton twill shirt in Yoshiwa Mill fabric. Would look great under a Sashiko suit as well ;)

Link below
Cruising Short Sleeve Camp Shirt in Selvage Cotton Seed Fleck Yoshiwa Twill

ming9_Original_Original.jpg
ming8_Original10.jpg
DSC09572_Originalc.jpg
ming5_Original.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of RTC, we just received an absolutely gorgeous jacket for one of our customers. The cloth is called "Oxford Grey & Electric Blue Grid," it's a mix of 95% wool and 5% cashmere.

The older RTC items on our site need to be updated with all of new new button, liner, and suede elbow patch options. We'll get all of that up to speed in the next few days.

Electric Blue Flannel Main.jpg
Electric blue flannel.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet that Sashiko sounds soooooooo absurd in the best way. Thought of a natural suit in that fabric sounds super gnarly!

Probably a dumb question, but are the Natural Sashiko blankets you called out the other day in stock/ready to ship, or still needing to be ordered/sewn and such?

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@Epaulet that Sashiko sounds soooooooo absurd in the best way. Thought of a natural suit in that fabric sounds super gnarly!

Probably a dumb question, but are the Natural Sashiko blankets you called out the other day in stock/ready to ship, or still needing to be ordered/sewn and such?

Hi @ericgereghty we have some stock/ready to ship at the office.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweetness. Just submitted an order. Curious to see what this Sashiko fabric is all about.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! For the next three weeks, we'll be doing "Sale Saturdays" with new merchandise getting discounted very Sat morning.

For tomorrow, it's going to be shorts and tees. I already marked down our Rivet Chambray and Khaki shorts to $85, and I'll mark down all of the t-shirts by about 30% later tonight. Click the link below if you want to pick something up before the newsletter goes live. The shorts are a great deal at $85 and ready to ship immediately.

Also... pretty sure that this is going to be the last hurrah for our tshirts. At least for 2021. So if you dig them, it's a prime opportunity to stock up.

jms

Reaction score
I was looking for a good excuse to add a few more wild tshirts to my wardrobe. I ordered medium as per the guidance, but I wonder if small would've been the better choice? ? Guessing they're pretty well preshrunk?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW JACKET DESIGN FOR FALL 2021 ... ANY IDEAS?

Hey guys,

We're going to meet with our patternmaker next week to put a few new items into work. I'm thinking to do a brand new casual jacket design to introduce in October.

As it stands, our business is about 50% ready to wear and 50% custom. As we refine our presentation with RTC and we finally catch up with delays and backorders, I expect that custom percentage to go up. We're really making GORGEOUS merchandise with them and it will hopefully become something that we're really known for.

So that said, I want to design a new jacket with the following characteristics:

1) Made in Los Angeles at an affordable price and stocked
2) Simple enough to be custom made by Hickey Freeman with their existing machines
3) Versatile style that works just as well in tweed as it does in cotton, linen, or suiting wool. And of course Sashiko.
4) A shape that can completely be dressed up or down

The Doyle and Sinclair match all of these criteria. The Field Jacket... not so much... as its big external pockets make it far more of an outerwear piece, and less of a stand-in for a sportcoat.

I'm thinking that we can offer this new shape as a RTW item in our usual pricing of $195 to $265, depending on fabric. But then we can also offer customs through RTC in their full range of fabrics and will a multitude of styling choices and upgrades.

We've got some things cooking over here, but I'd love to hear any ideas that you guys have!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet return of the Teba would be awesome!

A Teba in shashiko would be nice.

That's definitely a good consideration, and would tick the right boxes for everything that I put forward. We weren't very successful with it a few years back, but it was fairly expensive and the flat cotton twill fabric that we used didn't have the appeal of a tweed or a textured sashiko.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the Teba.. here's a quick video of the shape:

espen

Reaction score
This is definitely a meaning of life type question!

Personally, I'd love something that crosses into double-breasted territory, but has VOLUME. So think adding an extra inch in the chest to most sizes, with a lapel that folds over 5-5.5"? 2x1 buttoning so it isn't so complicated and to prevent the buttons from taking away the drape that something like this in a sashiko could do. Maybe even have the bottom hem slope down towards the front (or, up towards the back?). Adding in patch pockets would keep it casual enough I'd think as well?

(Yes, there is a maker out there doing this, but I'm hesitant to say "just do what they are doing" because I don't feel like they nailed it, but the idea is a casual DB coat).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads