• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Epaulet Bartlett Double Rider still going strong while supporting the outdoor dining scene. Happy weekend!

Hoping custom specials finish this week too ? I feel you guys on the wait but they always come out looking great for the most part.

ED5F74B9-D1C0-4EF0-BC57-94D5C04E7FF3.jpeg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
INDIVIDUALIZED SHIRTING MAKE UPS

Here's some of our most recent customer make ups from Individualized Shirting.

You can get your own Summer Shirt with this link below.
CUSTOM SHIRTING SPRING/SUMMER CASUAL SHIRTS

Love how this Aloha Colorful Floral came out with our classic button down collar. The crosshatch pattern in the ground of the fabric really gives a nice summer texture.
Aloha Colorful Floral
Aloha Colorful Floral.jpg

Super light weight and comfortable this blend of cotton and linen will be really great for Summer. And probably more wrinkle resistant since its not 100% linen. This is our Compact Point Collar if your wondering.
KEY LIME COTTON-LINEN
Key Lime Cotton Linen.jpg

This is probably one of our most made up floral shirt patterns. Its a great summer weight poplin with a very Liberty of London type of floral print.
MELLOW TWILIGHT FLORAL
MELLOW TWILIGHT FLORAL.jpg

This amazing and simple Dobby textured pattern can easily be worn casually or dressed up. Here's its made up in our camp collar shape.
MID-CENTURY DOBBY CHECK
Mid-Centry Dobby Check.jpg

The geometric pattern detail in this fabric is really beautiful and intricate up close and made up really handsomely with the curved spread collar.
Nuvolari Geometric Weave
Nuvolari Geometric Weave.jpg

Here's one of our most popular Japanese madras shirts made up with our button down collar.
Midnight Marauder Madras
Midnight Marauder Madras.png

And probably my favorite out of the bunch the oxblood diagonal gingham made up with our fashion spread collar. It's rare to see a gingham like this and definitely gives off a cool retro vibe.
Oxblood Diagonal Gingham
Oxblood Diagonal Gingham.jpg

Last edited:

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Trophy Collar by Individualized Shirting

Here’s some quick candid style photos of my trophy collar shirt on from Individualized Shirting. I’m waiting on a navy houndstooth with trophy collar I ordered for myself as well with MOP buttons. @bry2000 if you’re wondering how it looks on this is it.

The Trophy Collar has a lot more collar prominence than our standard Button Down collar. It also stands up really well unbuttoned but looks great buttoned up as well.

If you’ve ordered a trophy collar shirt from us recently or before please feel free to post how it looks on you. It’s always exciting to see how everything fits on our customers!

D9029FCD-FA2F-45AB-8AAF-9050E5AF5602.jpeg
3A7654F2-DB96-4F01-875D-9F9D18516C23.jpeg
AC0F8AE0-0A9A-43B9-BC59-32E102AEA914.jpeg
21B0D863-8BBF-47DE-AB92-2E307A51B106.jpeg

Last edited:

scoobmx

Reaction score
@L.I.T. that’s a great looking collar and would probably be my choice button-down style. However I think if I were to use the top button I’d have to use a tie or ascot, otherwise the collar looks a little comical. First button undone is perfect though!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@L.I.T. that’s a great looking collar and would probably be my choice button-down style. However I think if I were to use the top button I’d have to use a tie or ascot, otherwise the collar looks a little comical. First button undone is perfect though!
Is that the same as the University Collar? I have some shirts made up w/ the University from a few years back and it looks the same to me based on those photos.

@scoobmx yeah I think it’ll definitely work really well with a tie. Wish I got a slightly heavier fabric to get a better collar roll.

@Duke Silver it looks similar but the collar points are like 3”+ on the trophy collar. Eva will shoot it with me tomorrow. It’s hard to capture it on my own.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@L.I.T. , would it be possible to confirm if the YOSHIWA TRIPLE WEAVE CHAMBRAY Doyle jackets currently on sale are measuring true to size?

Specifically, I am looking at size 42.

In the past, I had some really bad luck - I had 2 Sashiko Doyles as well as a custom Sinclair coming in way off spec and had to be returned. These Chambrays look great at a great price, but I'm hesitant due to final sale status and my previous experience.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@L.I.T. , would it be possible to confirm if the YOSHIWA TRIPLE WEAVE CHAMBRAY Doyle jackets currently on sale are measuring true to size?

In the past, I had some really bad luck - I had 2 Sashiko Doyles as well as a custom Sinclair coming in way off spec and had to be returned. These Chambrays look great at a great price, but I'm hesitant due to final sale status and my previous experience.

Hi @alkydrinker sorry to hear about the custom Sinclair and 2 Sashiko Doyles.

The Yoshiwa Triple Weave Doyles are pretty consistent and true to size being one of our stock items. I try on the 40 all the time when we shoot product. So if you're a true 42 it should fit. I'm closer to 41 naturally but the 40 fits me comfortably. Hope that helps.

espen

Reaction score
Anyone ever hot wash and hot dry your Sashiko doyles?

Got a couple 42s in indigo and Sapphire. Totally love 'em, and appreciate the room but can’t help but feel getting them down to a 41 would be amazing.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

All of our chambray doyles are cut off the standard marker and will flow in line with our online measurements. If you like, you can place the order tonight and we can confirm everything via email with you before shipping tomorrow.

Got a couple 42s in indigo and Sapphire. Totally love 'em, and appreciate the room but can’t help but feel getting them down to a 41 would be amazing.

Go for it! Wash and dry on the hottest setting and you'll definitely get some shrinkage out of them. They won't be harmed at all.. the dye process is really intensive to begin with

jms

Reaction score
@scoobmx yeah I think it’ll definitely work really well with a tie. Wish I got a slightly heavier fabric to get a better collar roll.

Honestly, the roll is so good on that shirt that a tie would just be a distraction.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They should definitely shrink. My old judogis would shrink if I put them in the dryer. They were a double weave sashiko, so they were already heavier and firmer than the sashiko used for the Doyle, but I had one lighter weight practice gi in a single weave. It felt less like wearing iron and breathed a lot more. It would tighten up a little in the dryer, but not like the double weave.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tons of Sashiko finished today. Sinclairs and over 200 blankets.

We’ll be dyeing and shipping batches over the next 10 days... first round is blankets in Indigo, Fluorescent Orange, and Fluorescent Pink. Macs finish sewing in a day or two, and that’s when we’ll do the Shadow Ink, Mink, Olive, etc dye batches.

30D6B20B-6D23-4126-9FBD-8B7528F35A3F.jpeg

1618E2B5-57AB-45D6-BA00-7ECBEC24C198.jpeg
These fluorescent blankets are going to be absolutely insane. Can’t wait to see how they come out!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eva, any update on the most recent Hertling orders? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads