• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zargoz

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the nudge on that... I do have pics of your absolutely bonkers Field Jacket in Woolrich "Dream Donegal"...

View attachment 1609101
View attachment 1609100

And check out this close up of the yarn mix in this tweed... INSANE!!!!

View attachment 1609099
Are the MTO field jackets the same pattern as the 'Deans Nuts' jacket from a couple years back? I may have to get on board. The DN has become one of my most favorite and most worn Epaulet items and adding another version to the rotation would be alright.

ljl

Reaction score
And since I'm posting photos, we had four more RTC orders roll in. This two piece suit in Tobacco Wool-Silk-Linen is absolutely epic!!

This is the Taylor trouser and the "Sutton" jacket... one of the in-house shapes that Southwick offered. If anyone out there has a Southwick or Brooks Brothers shape that they know and like, we can absolutely use those with our fabrics and program!

View attachment 1609102 View attachment 1609103 View attachment 1609104 View attachment 1609105
Gorgeous - was this a special makeup with customer supplied fabric?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly worth a shot. Meanwhile, maybe you can settle this debate I've had with my better half: she thinks clothes shrink in the dryer but I always thought that hot water does more to shrink fabric fibers because of how liquid saturates/permeates in a way that air doesn't. Not to say that hot air doesn't also shrink fabric but the water has the greater effect.
Heat shrinks clothing, regardless of its current material state.
Dryers get much hotter than the water in the washer so 60 minutes on high heat will do more than 60 minutes on the hottest water setting.
That said, people will often cut dryer cycles short or set its drying time to less. Virtually everyone has pulled items out of the dryer before the buzzer but we rarely do so with the washer. Thus 60 minutes in hot water may have more of an effect than 10 minutes of hotter air.
This means that you can both be right- a key position in domestic diplomacy.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Are the MTO field jackets the same pattern as the 'Deans Nuts' jacket from a couple years back? I may have to get on board. The DN has become one of my most favorite and most worn Epaulet items and adding another version to the rotation would be alright.

Hi @zargoz it's the same jacket, just without the Deans Nuts graphic inside.

odub

Reaction score
Dryers get much hotter than the water in the washer so 60 minutes on high heat will do more than 60 minutes on the hottest water setting.
That said, people will often cut dryer cycles short or set its drying time to less. Virtually everyone has pulled items out of the dryer before the buzzer but we rarely do so with the washer. Thus 60 minutes in hot water may have more of an effect than 10 minutes of hotter air.

Alas, despite washing and drying this on the highest temp, it only marginally shrunk things (maybe .5")

doctorman

Reaction score

the only key position in MY domestic diplomacy is "honey, you're right; i was stupid" followed by a big grin and a gift...

L.I.T.

Reaction score
DOYLE JACKET AND RIVET CHINOS JAPANESE COTTON & ALBINI LINEN ESSENTIALS PROJECT

DoyleEssentialLeader_2048x.jpg
ChinoEssentialLeader_1600x.jpg

Hey guys we're extending the preorder to Tuesday May 18th. Thanks for all the preorders so far!

Here's the link if you haven't pulled the trigger yet on these Summer Essentials yet.
DOYLE JACKET JAPANESE COTTON & ALBINI LINEN ESSENTIALS PROJECT
RIVET CHINO JAPANESE COTTON & ALBINI LINEN ESSENTIALS PROJECT

I worked on some mock ups this weekend of how some of these fabric will make up into Rivet Chinos and Doyle Jackets. Hope this gives you a better idea of how things will look.

ALBINI OLIVE AND NATURAL.png
CHARCOAL AND NAVY TWILL.png
FROST AND SAGE.png
KHAKI AND INDIGO.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, real quick:

1) I'm going to extend the preorder deadline until Tuesday for the new Doyles and Rivets. Won't impact our turnaround time as the factory is jammed with blankets and shorts now anyway. And we'll have some more time to do marketing and host IG live on Tuesday.

2) Had a great meeting with our Gaziano & Girling rep. Those preorder boots should be here around July... they've worked through the enormous COVID backlog and things are functioning pretty normally now. Future projects will be much faster with an estimated 3 month turnaround.

We're going to use this rad balmoral boot on the GG06 last for the next offering. And check out the custom personal lasts that they have for both Prince Charles and Ralph Lauren!

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics