• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And since I'm posting photos, we had four more RTC orders roll in. This two piece suit in Tobacco Wool-Silk-Linen is absolutely epic!!

This is the Taylor trouser and the "Sutton" jacket... one of the in-house shapes that Southwick offered. If anyone out there has a Southwick or Brooks Brothers shape that they know and like, we can absolutely use those with our fabrics and program!

Tobacco WSL Main.jpg
Tobacco WSL Lapel.jpg
Tobacco WSL Ticket.jpg
Tobacco WSL Pant.jpg

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Eva how's my lawn cotton Kamigata coming along? Any ETA since it was ordered in the Sinclair/Doyle summerweight batch currently being discussed?

section31

Reaction score
Oh and here's a Rivet made up in denim, can't say enough good things about that! It's a great alternative to a 5-pocket jean.

This reminds me of some Ralph Lauren jean-chino pants (jeanos?) that I used to wear circa 1990. I could relive those days and rock these with my old Troop and BBD cassette tapes. I want these bad.

sarteaga

Reaction score
@Epaulet the denim doyle posted a page back, that's the one at $125? I'll be in LA in about 2.5 weeks and highly considering going and getting measured for one.

odub

Reaction score
@Epaulet
Don't mean to inundate you all but I've been trying to reach you all (via email and FB) since receiving my Sapphire Sashiko yesterday and I believe the one I received was mis-sewn. It's a 38 but while the shoulders, chest and sleeves are true to measurement, the length was about 30 inches from collar to hem, two inches longer than it's supposed to be. The proportions look off when worn.

I was hoping I could exchange this for another 38 in the proper length but I noticed that 38s aren't available on the site anymore so I'm concerned you all might already be out of stock on them. I did just double check and the pockets are in the right place so it might be that all that needs to happen is for the hem to be recut/sewn at the proper length. Either way though, I very much want this jacket in this color/fabric so I'm hoping there's a solution out there.

IMG_8054.JPG

Last edited:

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
@Epaulet
Don't mean to inundate you all but I've been trying to reach you all (via email and FB) since receiving my Sapphire Sashiko yesterday and I believe the one I received was mis-sewn. It's a 38 but while the shoulders, chest and sleeves are true to measurement, the length was about 30 inches from collar to hem, two inches longer than it's supposed to be. The proportions look off when worn.

I was hoping I could exchange this for another 38 in the proper length but I noticed that 38s aren't available on the site anymore so I'm concerned you all might already be out of stock on them. Please advise!

View attachment 1609944
Ooo nice color though.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1609476
Actual photo of RTC feverishly making up my suits. Haha. Can’t rush quality.

LOL I'm pretty sure that this is accurate. Might need some kind of enormous brass hourglass as well.

@Epaulet the denim doyle posted a page back, that's the one at $125? I'll be in LA in about 2.5 weeks and highly considering going and getting measured for one.

It's similar to that. That older denim doyle had a green weft (hence the "mean green" name) and the preorder ones will be just a straight-up indigo denim. Definitely stop by when you're in LA!

@Epaulet

I was hoping I could exchange this for another 38 in the proper length but I noticed that 38s aren't available on the site anymore so I'm concerned you all might already be out of stock on them. I did just double check and the pockets are in the right place so it might be that all that needs to happen is for the hem to be recut/sewn at the proper length. Either way though, I very much want this jacket in this color/fabric so I'm hoping there's a solution out there.

View attachment 1609944

Hey dude, thanks for posting this. This isn't a mis-sewing. The Sapphire jackets are a bit longer than usual... I think that the dye house took them out of the final drying while they were a little bit damp. This happens, as post-dye measurements are always an estimation. Lighter colors can sometimes shrink less than darker colors too.

Try nuking it at home. Wash in the hottest water by itself and dry on the hottest setting. I bet that shrinks it about to where it should be.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

odub

Reaction score
Hey dude, thanks for posting this. This isn't a mis-sewing. The Sapphire jackets are a bit longer than usual... I think that the dye house took them out of the final drying while they were a little bit damp. This happens, as post-dye measurements are always an estimation. Lighter colors can sometimes shrink less than darker colors too.

Try nuking it at home. Wash in the hottest water by itself and dry on the hottest setting. I bet that shrinks it about to where it should be.

@Epaulet

I'm certainly down to try this but to be clear, is the jacket still returnable if I follow this advice and it doesn't fix the issue?

odub

Reaction score
In the past that’s been the understanding. The drying generally works though.

Certainly worth a shot. Meanwhile, maybe you can settle this debate I've had with my better half: she thinks clothes shrink in the dryer but I always thought that hot water does more to shrink fabric fibers because of how liquid saturates/permeates in a way that air doesn't. Not to say that hot air doesn't also shrink fabric but the water has the greater effect.

Last edited:

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Actually, on this note, my understanding has always been that it's the hot water that shrinks fabric fibers more so than hot dryer air. Not that the latter has no effect but ultimately, it's the h

Certainly worth a shot. Meanwhile, maybe you can settle this debate I've had with my better half: she thinks clothes shrink in the dryer but I always thought that hot water does more to shrink fabric fibers because of how liquid saturates/permeates in a way that air doesn't. Not to say that hot air doesn't also shrink fabric but the water has the greater effect.

Good question. No idea!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads