• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Is that the Albini linen from last year? Seems less wrinkly than I would have expected, makes me regret not picking one up.

Is there going to be a run of silk matkas or linen again this year?

Could be @Epaulet would know better. It’s still pretty structured after a few wears.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Indigo Linen Sinclair with lp, cd, and marantz 2220b in the back.
View attachment 1605962

Sharp look, and I'm digging the OG "Batman" style tilted angle....

Batman-1966-Villian-Camera-Tilt.jpg

Also if anyone needs a custom magenta suit (with striped pants?) and an avocado green shirt, please hit us up.

You'll have to source your knit bolo tie elsewhere though!

Is that the Albini linen from last year? Seems less wrinkly than I would have expected, makes me regret not picking one up.

Is there going to be a run of silk matkas or linen again this year?

Yup, that's the heavier weight Albini linen that we offered last year.

So... here's our situation with Doyles. I'm going to suspend any more custom pieces until we move the production to Rochester. We're shipping out some GORGEOUS Doyles, Sinclairs, and Field Jackets today and Monday (I'll have pics to show soon), but I don't want to take any more orders with our current setup, as I can't promise a quick turnaround date.

That said, stock orders and preorders are fine, and this is actually a really good time to do those. I'm going to offer the following as a Doyle-only preorder on Tuesday. We can't do any custom length or body, but the price is also going to be about $50 cheaper than the custom rate. And I can deliver these in June. Nailing down the exact price, but I think $245 should be realistic.

1. Navy Albini Heavyweight Linen
2. Olive Albini Heavyweight Linen
3. Natural Albini Heavyweight Linen

And if anyone wants a full suit in this, I can do a matching Hertling pant for $265 in those exact same linens. Your choice of model. Chances are that those will come a bit later in the Summer though... realistically in July.

In addition to that I'm going to offer three discounted fabrics as well

4. Indigo Kaihara Denim: we have access to about 500 yards of perfect, 14oz Japanese Indigo Denim. The price is amazing, so I'm going to offer this at the preorder rate of $125. Pretty much an unbeatable deal for a solid denim jacket.

5. Overdyed Black Kaihara Denim: we'll take that blue jacket and dye it jet black for $145

6. Yoshiwa 9oz Khaki "Archive" Twill: We sourced a gorgeous roll of basic khaki twill. As you'd expect from Yoshiwa, it's got a cool slubby texture that sets is apart from the back. Going to offer preorders of this for $135, and we'll stock Rivets in the exact same cloth later in the Summer. I can also do a custom Hertling pant by request in it for about $200.

This is actually going to be the first khaki Doyle that we ever do... looking forward to it! I think it's gonna give off a strong safari vibe.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
July4leader_1600x.jpg

CUSTOM INDIVIDUALIZED SHIRTING JULY 4TH SPECIAL PROMOTION

Our famous "I Got Five On It" Promotion...if you buy FIVE custom shirts, you'll receive one of them for free.

Buy all 5 at the same time, and we'll refund the lowest price shirt after your order is submitted.

With all the good news going around, we're really looking forward to the Summer! Right now is the perfect time to order a few new shirts for July 4th. Production takes about four weeks, so there's plenty of time to get these pieces into your hand well before the holiday. We put together a tight collection of lightweight fabrics... all of which are perfect for that BBQ celebration and family get-together.

Use the code july4 to save 15% until Sunday May 9th

Welcome to our collaborative Epaulet x Individualized Made To Order Shirting program! After you select your fabric, you may customize a variety of style options and sizing variables, ultimately creating a one-of-a-kind piece.

Direct link to the Promo
July 4th Individualized Shirting Promo

Here's a customer make up of the Fireworks Seersucker and our light weight fabric selection from the promo. I personally think the White Seersucker is going to come out looking pretty baller maybe with a band, leisure, or camp collar.

FireworksSeersuckerwithText_1600x.jpg
July4thfabric1_1600x.jpg
July4thFabric2_1600x.jpg
July4thFabric3_1600x.jpg
July4thFabric4_1600x.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We’re going live tomorrow with five new Sashiko garments:

Doyle in French Blue and Nutmeg
Rivet Chino in French Blue, Nutmeg, and Cement

I’ll have a 15% off discount code for these.

We have some sale Sashiko garments in the shop now which will go up to full price late tonight but have the discount applicable. If you have your eyes on them, they’re a bit cheaper to buy at the sale price than the full one less discount

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4. Indigo Kaihara Denim: we have access to about 500 yards of perfect, 14oz Japanese Indigo Denim. The price is amazing, so I'm going to offer this at the preorder rate of $125. Pretty much an unbeatable deal for a solid denim jacket.

Hmm. How about some more Wilshire jeans? Seems I've outgrown all mine...

aapmm

Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet, I bought two of the heavy weight tshirts in medium last week and they are fitting very large. The chest is measuring almost at 23 inches (when the website lists it as 20.5 I believe), should I wash on hot to try and shrink them? My worry is that the label states preshrunk.

utopiaburger

Reaction score
6. Yoshiwa 9oz Khaki "Archive" Twill: We sourced a gorgeous roll of basic khaki twill. As you'd expect from Yoshiwa, it's got a cool slubby texture that sets is apart from the back. Going to offer preorders of this for $135, and we'll stock Rivets in the exact same cloth later in the Summer. I can also do a custom Hertling pant by request in it for about $200

I’ve been looking for a Doyle that is lighter than sashiko for the spring/summer - do you think this would fit the bill? I got a linen Doyle a couple of years ago but something about the fit/drape didn’t work for me. Will they be available in extended sizes? (36)

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Sharp look, and I'm digging the OG "Batman" style tilted angle....

Batman-1966-Villian-Camera-Tilt.jpg

Also if anyone needs a custom magenta suit (with striped pants?) and an avocado green shirt, please hit us up.

You'll have to source your knit bolo tie elsewhere though!

Yup, that's the heavier weight Albini linen that we offered last year.

So... here's our situation with Doyles. I'm going to suspend any more custom pieces until we move the production to Rochester. We're shipping out some GORGEOUS Doyles, Sinclairs, and Field Jackets today and Monday (I'll have pics to show soon), but I don't want to take any more orders with our current setup, as I can't promise a quick turnaround date.

That said, stock orders and preorders are fine, and this is actually a really good time to do those. I'm going to offer the following as a Doyle-only preorder on Tuesday. We can't do any custom length or body, but the price is also going to be about $50 cheaper than the custom rate. And I can deliver these in June. Nailing down the exact price, but I think $245 should be realistic.

1. Navy Albini Heavyweight Linen
2. Olive Albini Heavyweight Linen
3. Natural Albini Heavyweight Linen

And if anyone wants a full suit in this, I can do a matching Hertling pant for $265 in those exact same linens. Your choice of model. Chances are that those will come a bit later in the Summer though... realistically in July.

In addition to that I'm going to offer three discounted fabrics as well

5. Overdyed Black Kaihara Denim: we'll take that blue jacket and dye it jet black for $145

6. Yoshiwa 9oz Khaki "Archive" Twill: We sourced a gorgeous roll of basic khaki twill. As you'd expect from Yoshiwa, it's got a cool slubby texture that sets is apart from the back. Going to offer preorders of this for $135, and we'll stock Rivets in the exact same cloth later in the Summer. I can also do a custom Hertling pant by request in it for about $200.

This is actually going to be the first khaki Doyle that we ever do... looking forward to it! I think it's gonna give off a strong safari vibe.
I want that olive linen Doyle!

kevinftwman

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a Doyle that is lighter than sashiko for the spring/summer - do you think this would fit the bill? I got a linen Doyle a couple of years ago but something about the fit/drape didn’t work for me. Will they be available in extended sizes? (36)

Also assuming sinclairs will not be available?

section31

Reaction score
Rivet Chino in French Blue, Nutmeg, and Cement

Love the new sashiko colors. I'm still rocking my old lightweight french blue rivets from many years ago so I'll most likely pick up the nutmeg.

Indigo Kaihara Denim: we have access to about 500 yards of perfect, 14oz Japanese Indigo Denim. The price is amazing, so I'm going to offer this at the preorder rate of $125. Pretty much an unbeatable deal for a solid denim jacket.

Interested in this denim jacket. I remember Epaulet had the classic looking denim jacket and a bomber style a while back. I'm assuming this would be for a classic style?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm. How about some more Wilshire jeans? Seems I've outgrown all mine...

@duff406 that's a good call, I'm thinking about it. I'm almost thinking... maybe doing denim rivet chinos is a better option?

Here's my thinking:

1) The denim is awesome, but it's not selvedge. With a traditional five pocket jean design... that's going to take a ton of guys out of the customer pool. A really great USA-made jean that's not selvedge denim just hasn't been (IME) realistic to sell.

2) The cost of making a jean and making a chino is pretty much the same. So we can hit an equivalent price.

3) A denim slim pant - like the rivet - is pretty rare, and might be a nice alternative to the usual jean. We could dye the herringbone taping inside either indigo or black for a cool detail when you cuff them up. We could even stick a leather or waxed cotton patch onto the back waistband... like a jean. Since the denim will be really inexpensive to use, a retail of like $125 would be totally realistic for this ... which is a pretty big discount from fabrics like Yoshiwa chambray at $165.

What do you guys think? I could always try a sample and we see how it looks. Also... with making all of them in one denim, we could offer the pants as (1) raw denim (2) bleached denim or (3) black overdyed denim. Two and three would be $145, but still a great value.

Hey @Epaulet, I bought two of the heavy weight tshirts in medium last week and they are fitting very large. The chest is measuring almost at 23 inches (when the website lists it as 20.5 I believe), should I wash on hot to try and shrink them? My worry is that the label states preshrunk.

Hey there, thanks for picking them up. Go right ahead and see if that makes a difference. If not, then it's no problem to switch you out for a smaller size.

Yes, with the preorder you can get sizes 36 to 48. I think that this khaki fabric will make an excellent option, and the jacket is going to have a rad safari vibe to it.

I want that olive linen Doyle!

We gonna make it happen! I'll have swatches on Tuesday.

Also assuming sinclairs will not be available?

Ah sorry, I'm gonna keep it easy for the factory and just do one shape. But we're sending the tech designs for both Sinclairs and Field Jackets over to RTC next week. So all three shapes will be available for custom orders this Fall!

And good lord... wait until you guys see the photos of the jacket makeups that we just received. The new Field Jackets are absolutely insane!!

Love the new sashiko colors. I'm still rocking my old lightweight french blue rivets from many years ago so I'll most likely pick up the nutmeg.

Interested in this denim jacket. I remember Epaulet had the classic looking denim jacket and a bomber style a while back. I'm assuming this would be for a classic style?

@section31 thank you so much! It was really fun running these bolder colors, and awesome to see them sell so well today.

I really, really, really can't say enough good things about the Cement Sashiko Rivets. It's a perfect light grey neutral tone that's easy to wear but not boring. I shot a video of all these garments in action to show it all off! Will post that soon.

Just a gentle nudge towards my signature, I have some Epaulet gift certificates I'm parting with at a discount

YES!! If anyone wants to make a purchase of $200 or more, then hit up our dude @Sartorium .... you can get one of his gift certificates at a discount and save some cash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads