• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
My trophy collar Individualized Shirt from awhile ago before I started working at Epaulet. Sadly the sleeves came out a little short for this one at 24.75” but my order measurements after have been on point since.

If anyone is interested I’ll take measurements and my base size is a large.

EC05DF5C-303B-48B5-94A0-5C22E1296E8D.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Are MTO Kamigatas a thing/possibility?

Yes! So... I'm going to move most of our custom production out of LA starting next month. We're working on offering Doyles/Sinclairs through RTC and Rivets/Wilhelms through Hertling. Price will be a bit higher, but turnaround will be RADICALLY faster and we'll have their respective fabric catalogs to draw from.

That said, the next 2-3 weeks are actually really golden to run some individual pieces through LA. I'm mostly catching up on backorder items that we owe everyone, but I could do a few Kamigatas as well. Figure that a custom piece is about $265 in a basic denim or chambray. Email Ming at custom[at]epauletbrand.com and we can set up what you need!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming up on 5000 pages / 75K posts here. I'll probably miss it, but what an amazing milestone. Maybe we should post our favorite stuff from Eva / Epaulet in celebration?

I'll start:
1MnfPoE.jpg

I'm struggling to find a pic that does the Navy Olive Windowpane wool/silk/linen suit justice. It's probably my favorite piece of clothing I've ever owned - a stunner - and when I had to go to Mumbai, Bangkok and Jakarta for work a couple of summers ago, an absolute freaking lifesaver in the heat.

I have a lot of items from Epaulet that I just love - Eva's ability to bring some unique and killer fabrics has been a lot of fun. Looking through my pix, I've managed to forget how much cool stuff I've been able to catch. I just wish I had excuses to wear it all these days, but I can see opportunities opening in the near future.

So apologies for being early, but I'm going to be heads-down a fair bit of tomorrow, and it seems like a good time to celebrate. Thanks for being awesome and congrats on building a great community here on StyleForum!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Doyles made up in RTC fabrics w/ their finishing abilities sound quite enticing.

Thanks! Yeah I think that this is going to be next level.

At first, I really thought we'd have to abandon the custom Doyle program. It's been like pulling teeth for most of 2021. It's not really anyone's fault. Ultimately, there's only one cutter who can handle the work, and he's been pretty overloaded for the past few months. He means well, but if the choice is between doing some one-offs for us or cutting a 200pc wholesale order for someone else.. then he's gotta do the stuff that keeps the rest of the factory working. Ming and I are constantly following up nearly every day, but when he's not available to do the work, then everything is frozen.

So, I had a long talk with RTC and they agreed to take it on. Our patterns are already digitized for an automatic cutting table, so that whole part is far easier. If you get a Doyle or Sinclair (it will be just Doyle's to start), then the cutting is easy. The machine calculates patternmatching too. After that, maybe 3 weeks for assembly. It's definitely going to be quicker and easier than a sportcoat.

Price will go up to approx $475 for a nice wool or tweed, but we can do a quick turnaround, a huge fabric catalog, tons of button and trim choices, and the same customizations that we'll have now with sleeve and body length. They'll also be odd sizes, and your full name embroidered inside at no extra charge. We'll hope to roll this out in June!

Coming up on 5000 pages / 75K posts here. I'll probably miss it, but what an amazing milestone. Maybe we should post our favorite stuff from Eva / Epaulet in celebration?

I'll start:
1MnfPoE.jpg

I'm struggling to find a pic that does the Navy Olive Windowpane wool/silk/linen suit justice. It's probably my favorite piece of clothing I've ever owned - a stunner - and when I had to go to Mumbai, Bangkok and Jakarta for work a couple of summers ago, an absolute freaking lifesaver in the heat.

I have a lot of items from Epaulet that I just love - Eva's ability to bring some unique and killer fabrics has been a lot of fun. Looking through my pix, I've managed to forget how much cool stuff I've been able to catch. I just wish I had excuses to wear it all these days, but I can see opportunities opening in the near future.

So apologies for being early, but I'm going to be heads-down a fair bit of tomorrow, and it seems like a good time to celebrate. Thanks for being awesome and congrats on building a great community here on StyleForum!

Thank you so much! You've been such an awesome customer throughout the years, and it's always been a pleasure to speak with you! That's a killer photo of those trousers! I should dig through the crates for some old-school photos tomorrow.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, I wanted to post a few photos from the event last Saturday. We sponsored a local demonstration in support of our Asian American and Pacific Islander community.

I made t-shirts for all of the staff, organizers, and a few local politicians. Was actually my first official graphic tee. I donated the artwork to them as well.. there's some discussion of them selling additional t-shirts online and using the funds for community projects here. If that happens, I'll post the link in case you guys would like to buy one.

Anyway it was a great event and such a worthy cause!

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
TUESDAY UPDATE:

1. Ming and I dropped an absolutely epic amount of Sashiko garments at the dyehouse yesterday. We'll have the following coming through this week:

* Vintage Olive Doyles & Rivets for American Trench
* Vicuna Doyles & Rivets for American Trench
* Indigo Doyles & Rivets for Office Hours
* Special order units for our customers in those three colors (the extended sizes preorder)
* Open Stock Doyles and Rivets in Cement Grey, Tobacco, and Sapphire

2. Sashiko Sinclairs, Blankets, and Trench Coats are running through the factory

3. I expect to get about 90% of our special order Doyles, Sinclairs, and Field Jackets in the next day or two. There's a few stragglers after that which will finish in the next two weeks.

4. Our samples of the new "Laidback" pant should be ready this week, and I'll post pics and video of it. We have a bunch of amazing fabric at the factory... including the best Japanese khaki twill that I've seen in years... and we'll be using all of it for inventory in these new shapes, and a long-awaited restock of Rivets & Wilhelms.

5. Today's newsletter is going to be some sale updates and a July 4th category of custom shirts. We'll discount all of the fabrics below plus our exclusive "Fireworks" Seersucker. Given the current production lead time and shipping, orders placed in the next week will comfortably be in your hands well before the holiday. And with vaccinations and such, we're hoping that this July 4th can be fairly back to normal. Why not celebrate with some baller new shirts!!!

64183940157__3F2E7C88-07EB-42DE-AF93-EF10241D2629.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here's a video of the fabrics we'll offer in our July 4th promotion. With the current lead time and shipping, these should be comfortably in your hands well before the holiday. I'll have everything online tomorrow.

Oh, and yeah.. after deleting the original source video I realized that I wrote "Shirting" as "Shutting" in the title. I guess that there were worse misspellings for that, lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads