• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha! My wife and I are the opposite. We have chosen a complicated life with lots of clothes and shoes.

For the doyles, hard to go wrong with the classics: your pick of navy, olive, or tobacco duck canvas, and your pick of the navy or grey sashikos. Plus a natural or olive linen for the summer. Plus maybe a wool one for the...

Hunter Wool Doyle is on the way which is great for the Northeast Fall/Winter and goes well with the mostly navy, grey, darker greens, and earth tones in my wardrobe (because even being born and spent most of my life in NYC, black simply does not work well for me).

My wife has 60+ pairs of shoes which are mostly kept under the bed because apartment closets are often very small. We have known each other for 30 years, married for 20, no kids (by choice), 15 siblings between us, can't keep count of nieces and nephews because new ones keep appearing at an alarming rate, no pets, and not even any plants. We want our apartment/home to be quiet and cozy. If non-local relatives want to visit, we pay for the hotel to house them.

Last edited:

Perfectcircles

Reaction score
What is an "EP garment"?

Sorry but the last time I purchased and/or got fitted for a suit was several years ago (due to casual attire at work). I recently passed a milestone birthday and my wife would like me to start dressing like an adult again (as I did when I was younger and wearing more formal attire to work); meaning, more chinos and wool trousers and jeans less often. And while she is not set on a tie all the time, a casual jacket like the Doyle seemed to be a good fit for button down shirts, chinos, and casual shoes.

EP = epaulet

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hunter Wool Doyle is on the way which is great for the Northeast Fall/Winter and goes well with the mostly navy, grey, darker greens, and earth tones in my wardrobe (because even being born and spent most of my life in NYC, black simply does not work well for me).

My wife has 60+ pairs of shoes which are mostly kept under the bed because apartment closets are often very small. We have known each other for 30 years, married for 20, no kids (by choice), 15 siblings between us, can't keep count of nieces and nephews because new ones keep appearing at an alarming rate, no pets, and not even any plants. We want our apartment/home to be quiet and cozy. If non-local relatives want to visit, we pay for the hotel to house them.

I just got the hunter doyle! I'm a sucker for green doyles and have, um, a lot. The hunter/emerald color is bold (which has its pros and cons), but I dig it. Great material, definitely a very solid fall/winter/spring option.

I've been in NYC for 12+ years now and, yeah, no black in my wardrobe either. I feel like if you're not a UWS intellectual or a Soho fashionista, it mostly just makes you look dour.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just got the hunter doyle! I'm a sucker for green doyles and have, um, a lot. The hunter/emerald color is bold (which has its pros and cons), but I dig it. Great material, definitely a very solid fall/winter/spring option.

I've been in NYC for 12+ years now and, yeah, no black in my wardrobe either. I feel like if you're not a UWS intellectual or a Soho fashionista, it mostly just makes you look dour.

My father is from Queens, my mother is from NJ, and I am from the UES.

As my 75 year old step-mother has always said, "I respect those UWS women who let their hair go grey and carry their channel 13 canvas bags everywhere but that look is not for me"; she only wears shades of black.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've always kinda felt that Mark Morrison out-Montell-Jordanned Montell Jordan on that one.

My favorite part is when he says "When I do doo-doo."

LOL yeah totally agree. He was peak Montell with that line.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

I'm thrilled to say that we can now offer this incredible Rust Double-Faced suede for all of our Aero makeups. Previously it was only available in the jacket pictured below. But you guys can imagine how rad this would be in our Cafe Racer, Double Rider, Highwayman, and Tanker Shapes.

1) You can see the models and options that we offer here

2) If you order by Tuesday March 9th, then you can take 15% off your deposit payment with code aero15

3) If you need help with sizing or styling, drop me a PM, email to custom[at]epauletbrand.com, or hit us up on Instagram or Facebook chat. Chatting on the social networks is a great option as we can easily exchange photos and videos to answer all of your questions.

4) This is one of the most perfect rust/tobacco shades that I've ever seen. It's an absolutely wonderful match to indigo denim. It's also a great way to make your custom jacket more of a "menswear" piece, and allow it to effortlessly match with tweed, flannel, and heavier cotton trousers.

5) Here's the info on this incredible suede... straight from the folks at Aero Leathers:

To quote the respected The Art of Vintage Leather Jackets blog………..

1930s suedes were the creme of the fashion product of their day. 1930s suede is quite unique and unlike any I have ever seen. The inside is always the top grain of the hide and the suede side is always a super, super fine nap”

We are immensely proud to announce that the Suede described above “Is no longer unique to the 1930s” as we’ve had this Suede recreated exactly as it was tanned in the 1930s. It’s been a long haul though, for at least the last 25 years we’ve been trying to find a tannery that could recreate this legendary Goat Suede, we’ve come close a few times but we wanted perfection, now, finally we’ve managed find a tanner capable of recreating this long lost leather to perfection, 100% so, the weight, the touch, the drape, the appearance and the quality are all identical, it really is the most incredible leather, almost worth the 25 year wait!!

suede montage.jpg
Suede deets.jpg

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I'm only posting this here because the return-by date is rapidly approaching and this is the only place I've seen Epaulet respond:

I purchased two Wilhelm chinos on February 8th: navy and khaki in size 33. It took a bit over a week for them to ship and I received them February 24th. Upon opening them, there were two major issues:

1. I received a size 34 in the navy chinos
2. My "khaki" chinos actually look to be mushroom and are pictured below.

20210228_220803.jpg

I emailed on Feb 28th, March 2nd, and March 5th asking for return authorization as well as return shipping to be covered by Epaulet since 0% of the received items are what I ordered and I haven't received any response.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm only posting this here because the return-by date is rapidly approaching and this is the only place I've seen Epaulet respond:

I purchased two Wilhelm chinos on February 8th: navy and khaki in size 33. It took a bit over a week for them to ship and I received them February 24th. Upon opening them, there were two major issues:

1. I received a size 34 in the navy chinos
2. My "khaki" chinos actually look to be mushroom and are pictured below.

View attachment 1570008

I emailed on Feb 28th, March 2nd, and March 5th asking for return authorization as well as return shipping to be covered by Epaulet since 0% of the received items are what I ordered and I haven't received any response.

Thanks for the post and my apologies that your order was so mixed up. We'll of course take that back on our expense, emailing you now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Aero jacket orders are still 15% off until tomorrow!!!

Here's a beautiful double rider in black horsehide that we made for a client...

Sometimes the classics are the best! This piece is stripped down and minimal with no epaulets and no waist belt.

Aero Double Rider Black Main.jpg
Aero Double Rider Black Jerky Detail.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quick video of the Aero Tanker jacket in action. I'll send a newsletter in a bit, but tonight is the final call for their Spring promotion and 15% off all deposit payments....

And a huge thanks to everyone who has ordered so far! This has been one of the strongest promos that we've ever done. The team over at Aero is emerging from an unbelievably challenging year (as we all have), so everyone there... and of course everyone here at Epaulet... is particularly grateful for your support!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Kamigata arrived and it's awesome but there's a pretty conspicuous pull over the left chest. Do you have a stock piece available to do an exchange?
20210311_184821.jpg 20210311_185142.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Kamigata arrived and it's awesome but there's a pretty conspicuous pull over the left chest. Do you have a stock piece available to do an exchange?

For sure yes.. you can just shoot a quick email to Ming at custom[at]epauletbrand.com and we'll get that going.

That said, it's tough to see what's happening in the pics. If it's just a few errant threads popping from the surface, you can just trim that carefully with some small scissors or a nail clipper. The dye process is intensive, so those little threads are kind of commonplace. We typically go over each jacket before shipping and detail them ourselves, but apologies that we missed that one. Many of the jackets have these when they come straight from the dyehouse.

If it's a hole, that's another issue entirely, and we'll of course exchange that out.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For sure yes.. you can just shoot a quick email to Ming at custom[at]epauletbrand.com and we'll get that going.

That said, it's tough to see what's happening in the pics. If it's just a few errant threads popping from the surface, you can just trim that carefully with some small scissors or a nail clipper. The dye process is intensive, so those little threads are kind of commonplace. We typically go over each jacket before shipping and detail them ourselves, but apologies that we missed that one. Many of the jackets have these when they come straight from the dyehouse.

If it's a hole, that's another issue entirely, and we'll of course exchange that out.
Let me see what can be done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads