• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Eva if I'm a comfortable 42 in the Sinclair but don't plan to ever wear a Kamigata closed can I get away with a 40?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet any chance at a restock of size small sweatpants?

Ah sorry... sold through all of them, and our current inventory will be the only sweatpants until the Fall. I've had lots of guys down to size 31 wear the Medium comfortably though. That might work if you want to give it a shot.

I am considering a custom Thedi and in my research I saw that Epaulet ran a model about 5 or more years ago. Does anyone with that jacket want to share their opinion on the workmanship, leather quality, etc after 5+ years of use?

Thanks in advance.

Thedi jackets are amazing, and I always loved their styles. We're no longer carrying them because Aero had the edge on quality, cut and pricing.... and getting items shipped to us from the UK was logistically a lot easier than getting them from Greece. But Thedi makes a quality project for sure.

We're running a promo with Aero until Tuesday, so if we're offering the style that you're looking for, it might make sense to consider them. Here's the lineup...

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/made-to-order-leather-jackets

Did you ever make a cosmic thunderbird hoodie? Will there be some/more in the future?

No, we just did the Tiedye camo hoodie. It's very similar, the only difference is that cosmic has some blue in the mix. Tiedye is on sale for a pretty great price if you want to give that a shot.

Honestly, I've found that our t-shirts and sweatpants are overwhelmingly favored over the hoodies. So that's most likely where we'll invest our future production. Pretty good chance that this is our last hooded sweatshirt run.

Jesus, I just saw the news about Hertling moving their factory to Massachusetts and doing a promo?! Are they going to be ok?

Oh yes, thanks for posting this. I've known this to be the plan for a while, but was waiting for Justin to announce things. I saw today that Michael Williams wrote about it.

I think that this move is most likely a necessary and positive change. Here's a few thoughts on that:

1) Financially, the move makes sense. Production in Fall River MA is going to be RADICALLY cheaper than production in Brooklyn. Cost of living is far lower, rent and expenses are a fraction of the cost. There is a large population of skilled garment workers there.

2) Fall River is developing into a nice critical mass of US-made brands like Vanson, Abboud, New England Shirt, and Frank Clegg. They'll have some synergy there.

3) Cost is king these days. Made in USA was a huge selling point back in 2009 (and the heyday of "Continuous Lean"), but it's far less important now. Particularly to younger customers. They're not going to pay a huge premium just because a pair of pants is made in Brooklyn. He has to compete on price, he has to compete with cheaper, imported garments... so it makes sense to move domestic production to a less expensive area.

4) From what I know, quite a few staff members are making the move. The current factory is already a lot smaller than the former one... something like 12 full time employees versus 40 in the bigger days. Smaller staff makes that more realistic.

Many of us... including me.. have had to scale back and retrench over this past year. Justin is a resourceful guy who's kept a pretty difficult business going for over 5 years. That's an accomplishment all by itself. I think that this move will work, and that he'll be ready to grow with lower overhead and more competitive pricing. I'm really looking forward to partnering with them in their new iteration.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we're probably at a point in the year when any new sweatshirts probably don't make sense until the fall, but I'll bet a crewneck made with the exact same fabric and fit as the Fairfax, but with no kangaroo pockets would sell well. This could just be my purely objective view, but a pullover hoodie feels like it only works as gym clothes to me, whereas a sharp pullover is something I wear jeans or chinos to work - sometimes over just an undershirt, sometimes over an OCBD. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that probably jibes more with what most of your customers look for from Epaulet. I personally have a couple offerings from Reigning Champ and I like them quite a bit, but if you were to offer something like that, my guess is that I'd prefer yours. My indigo washed terry joint from 2012 (maybe 13?) is still in normal rotation and is probably my favorite sweatshirt I own.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know we're probably at a point in the year when any new sweatshirts probably don't make sense until the fall, but I'll bet a crewneck made with the exact same fabric and fit as the Fairfax, but with no kangaroo pockets would sell well. This could just be my purely objective view, but a pullover hoodie feels like it only works as gym clothes to me, whereas a sharp pullover is something I wear jeans or chinos to work - sometimes over just an undershirt, sometimes over an OCBD. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that probably jibes more with what most of your customers look for from Epaulet. I personally have a couple offerings from Reigning Champ and I like them quite a bit, but if you were to offer something like that, my guess is that I'd prefer yours. My indigo washed terry joint from 2012 (maybe 13?) is still in normal rotation and is probably my favorite sweatshirt I own.

Totally agree with that.

T-shirts work, because.. yeah, everyone needs t-shirts. The sweatpants work because they flow perfectly with our jackets and other pieces. Hoodies are more casual by nature. I think that the best product would be a crewneck like the old indigo ones. Less of a sweatshirt, and more of a cool casual knit top with a textured fabric. In a perfect world, it would deliver a bit of the vibe of our William Lockie sweaters, but in a washable cotton.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is happening today! Top of the world!

SASHIKO-MAC-LEADER.jpg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for noticing! I sold off most of my former watch collection, but held onto two Rollies and decided to feature them in the shoot.

The Oysterquartz is so freaking excellent. It has this strong 1970s vibe, and everything about the shape and balance is just perfect. I honestly love that the quartz movement is easy and accurate. It's one of the most affordable Rolex's out there, particularly in this two-tone reference.
Mac Quartz.jpg

The yellow gold GMT Master II is still pimp of the year. The crown is broken on this, and it's long overdue for service. Still photographs so nicely, and the weight just works perfectly.
Mac GMT.jpg

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The yellow gold GMT Master II is still pimp of the year. The crown is broken on this, and it's long overdue for service. Still photographs so nicely, and the weight just works perfectly.

Send it in to the official Rolex Service Center in NYC.
It often only takes 4-6 weeks including shipping times.

ROLEX SERVICE CENTER NEW YORK‬
Fifth Avenue 665
10022 New York
United States
(833) 765-3900

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics