• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kevinftwman

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

Can you please reply to my return authorization request - I have tried to get a response via both facebook and email, followed up, and have yet to receive a response and it's been a week. I don't appreciate how quickly you respond when looking to make a sale, but then ghost when there's an issue with the order or return requests which has happened more than once...

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi Eva,

Can you please reply to my return authorization request - I have tried to get a response via both facebook and email, followed up, and have yet to receive a response and it's been a week. I don't appreciate how quickly you respond when looking to make a sale, but then ghost when there's an issue with the order or return requests which has happened more than once...

I hope this is not the norm because I just found the brand and am interested in Doyle jackets for my newer and more casual wardrobe. With the NYC store closed, my only option like many is online purchase (and return) only.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eva,

thanks for writing, my fault on that. You were intending to send that piece back when you placed the order, so I thought we had already discussed the return. No worries, I shot a message back to you on

I hope this is not the norm because I just found the brand and am interested in Doyle jackets for my newer and more casual wardrobe. With the NYC store closed, my only option like many is online purchase (and return) only.

no worries, we’ve essentially been online only since 2017. Logistics went a bit haywire for a good part of 2020, but we’re getting back up to speed. Feel free to message us anytime if we can help with sizing and styling!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This was some awesome news in our email box today....

04DE1EC5-473C-4A30-9569-0C61A6DA5FB5.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those tie dye sweatpants look really good and I am not really a sweatpants person. Are you still producing those?

The crystal wash ones were only made via preorder, I didn't do open stock on them. But we've definitely got these rad camo one available. You can still get 15% off with code abbot15

And LOL believe me, I think the pandemic has turned many of us into sweatpants people. I'm officially one too.

What are spring summer options looking like for Doyles? Jonesing for some sort of natural linen.

I'm working on a little something right now. The fabric on the top is a cotton-linen mix from Kaihara. It's a GORGEOUS fabric that's about half the price of pure linen and wrinkles less.

I'm thinking that we can run it as a preorder project for a few reasons:

1) We can sell is natural or we can dye it. I can offer a few rad colors to choose from

2) Cotton-linen is notorious for shrinkage. If we make as a batch, I can adjust the pattern and account for that. So the final garments are correctly sized post-wash.

3) We're doing great with t-shirts, especially in brighter colors. That allows me to get dye minimums with a mix of garments. So we can offer this cotton-linen in bolder colors like amethyst and sapphire... and even if we just sell a few pants or jackets, I can build out the dye lots with tees and hit our numbers.

4) With a group buy concept like this, we can offer the pieces at a really competitive price. Will be far less expensive than pure linen, and quite a bit less expensive than sashiko.

5) I'll still have a good stock of pure linens to offer via custom. We'll present Doyles, Sinclairs, Rivets, Wilhelms, and Field Jackets in that. Probably end of April.

IMG_7045.JPG

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The crystal wash ones were only made via preorder, I didn't do open stock on them. But we've definitely got these rad camo one available. You can still get 15% off with code abbot15

And LOL believe me, I think the pandemic has turned many of us into sweatpants people. I'm officially one too.

You are ready to win a Golden Globe:
1614632677729.png

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

AlexS

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

I also had the same experience. I ended up just returning the item without an authorization after weeks of no response.

On one hand of course I would appreciate better service @Epaulet. On the other, it seems like you're working on it and your clothes are amazing. In the meantime, IDK, maybe consider including return instructions in every order and temporarily not requiring return authorization to avoid the catch-22 on needing one that will never be given (in time) situation, which you seem to be putting customers in now?

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering a custom Thedi and in my research I saw that Epaulet ran a model about 5 or more years ago. Does anyone with that jacket want to share their opinion on the workmanship, leather quality, etc after 5+ years of use?

Thanks in advance.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering a custom Thedi and in my research I saw that Epaulet ran a model about 5 or more years ago. Does anyone with that jacket want to share their opinion on the workmanship, leather quality, etc after 5+ years of use?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure Thedi could repeat the quality and features of that ca. 2015 Epaulet x Thedi bomber without paying through the nose. Sold mine last year in NWT condition (so can't comment on wear, also it was becoming that "don't touch, don't even point at it" piece of kit) and kicked a lot of Thedi history buffs out of defilade.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
HERTLING MAKE-UPS SHIPPING TODAY

Hey guys we just got our Hertling trouser shipment in and we're shipping out everything today! Here's some photos of what you guys ordered.

Double Faced Bonded Wool (the camel color on the under side of these are super boss)
Bonded Wool.jpg
Bonded Wool Inside.jpg

Cherry Cord
Cherry Cord.jpg

Fox Bros Cavalry Twill
Fox Bros Cavalry Twill.jpg

French Blue Kodiak Melton (This melton would definitely get you through a snow storm its so thick.)
French Blue Kodiak Melton.jpg

Green Cord
Green Cord.jpg

Howitzer Twill Olive
Howitzer Twill Olive.jpg

Howtizer Twill Khaki
Howtizer Twill Khaki.jpg

Howtizer Twill Navy
Howtizer Twill Navy.jpg

Ivory Flannel (The infamous Team Ivory Pant)
Ivory Flannel.jpg

Orange Cord
Orange Cord.jpg

Pearl Grey Tropical
Pearl Grey Tropical.jpg

Reid and Taylor Linear Tweed
Reid and Taylor Linear Tweed.jpg

Tobacco Tropical
Tobacco Tropical.jpg

Velvet Houndstooth Gable (I was wondering how the velvet was going to make up. These are super sweet and feel luxe AF)
Velvet Houndstooth Gable.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads