• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm into it. I'd probably be in for a ripstop or something machine washable. As cool as corduroy or a tweed sound, I can't see taking these to the dry cleaners.

Oh pretty much everything would be machine washable. Corduroy definitely would be. Tweed is an admittedly bonkers idea.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll do a 35" inseam and a plain bottom, so should be possible for most guys to cuff. I hear you on the fabrics.. this sample cloth is about 7oz and drapes really nicely, so I think that this will still work nicely.

If I can source some prints... or we do dye effects like tiedye and crystal wash, I think that they can deliver this kind of feeling. Mos Def has a pretty big look with that pattern shirt, but switch that out for a bleached denim shirt, a blue sashiko doyle and more subdued sneakers, and I feel like they would jibe well with our collection

View attachment 1538770

I love the pattern on these! Reminds of some of those Japanese woodblock patterns you had offered for sportcoats a while back.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love the pattern on these! Reminds of some of those Japanese woodblock patterns you had offered for sportcoats a while back.

So dope right?!? Admittedly it's knocking on the door of Skidz style, but that's not a bad thing. For a cool Summertime look, I could see us doing this in a slightly thicker aloha pattern. Like one of these...

324_b.jpg
67_b.jpg
126_b.jpg

For the time being, the Boogaloo Bois have only ruined Aloha shirts... so I think we're safe to run Aloha pants. That's too next level of a style for those guys, lol.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Sample Pant Feedback

Hey guys, it's been a while since we've released a new shape, but I've got something in the works....

View attachment 1538621

I don't have a name for this yet, but I'd like to release this casual drawstring chino in the next 8 weeks or so. Here's the main points:

1) The overall concept is a relaxed woven chino with an elastic drawstring waist.

2) The fit is based on the Wilhelm. It's going to be perfectly relaxed on Rivet guys, but also work for Wilhelm customers. The drawstring and elastic setup comes right from our Abbot sweatpants.

3) I really want to hit a strong price point with this. I worked with the factory to cut costs where we can. There's no belt loops. There's no fly or zipper. The back has button-through patch pockets. And the elastic waist band allows us to skip odd sizes and make them in Small through XL, with each size working for a range of waists (size Small would be 30-32 for example). An easier fit means less returns, and therefore more competitive pricing.

4) With these specs, I think that we can be at $95 with basic fabrics (8oz cotton canvas, ripstop, twill, NYCO. oxford cloth), at $110 for higher end fabrics (Japanese chambray, fun prints, cav twill, corduroy) and $145 for Sashiko.

5) It's super easy to do this as a short as well.. and knock maybe $15 off of the retails above.

Let me know what you guys think! Any feedback is appreciated. Here's some more shots too...

View attachment 1538623
View attachment 1538622

I'm basically wearing these right now.

altmana

Reaction score
Sample Pant Feedback

Hey guys, it's been a while since we've released a new shape, but I've got something in the works....

View attachment 1538621

I don't have a name for this yet, but I'd like to release this casual drawstring chino in the next 8 weeks or so. Here's the main points:

1) The overall concept is a relaxed woven chino with an elastic drawstring waist.

2) The fit is based on the Wilhelm. It's going to be perfectly relaxed on Rivet guys, but also work for Wilhelm customers. The drawstring and elastic setup comes right from our Abbot sweatpants.

3) I really want to hit a strong price point with this. I worked with the factory to cut costs where we can. There's no belt loops. There's no fly or zipper. The back has button-through patch pockets. And the elastic waist band allows us to skip odd sizes and make them in Small through XL, with each size working for a range of waists (size Small would be 30-32 for example). An easier fit means less returns, and therefore more competitive pricing.

4) With these specs, I think that we can be at $95 with basic fabrics (8oz cotton canvas, ripstop, twill, NYCO. oxford cloth), at $110 for higher end fabrics (Japanese chambray, fun prints, cav twill, corduroy) and $145 for Sashiko.

5) It's super easy to do this as a short as well.. and knock maybe $15 off of the retails above.

Let me know what you guys think! Any feedback is appreciated. Here's some more shots too...
1) relaxed fit works so well for semi/perma WFH
2) another form for sashiko (pants)
3) shorts!
4 bonkers fabrics like the woodblock in a range of weights!

Looks great!

mothball

Reaction score
So dope right?!? Admittedly it's knocking on the door of Skidz style, but that's not a bad thing. For a cool Summertime look, I could see us doing this in a slightly thicker aloha pattern. Like one of these...

View attachment 1538792 View attachment 1538793 View attachment 1538794

For the time being, the Boogaloo Bois have only ruined Aloha shirts... so I think we're safe to run Aloha pants. That's too next level of a style for those guys, lol.

I would buy a shirt in each of these

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would definitely be interested in those. Cotton/linen blends and corduroys would be at the top of my wish list, but something like the camerton cloth would be really great too.

And not to say that I wouldn't buy those as pictured, but just throwing the idea out there. What about an internal drawstring for a slightly cleaner look? I have a pair like that from another maker and I like how the elastic keeps them comfy, but the plain front is a little cleaner when worn w/ sweaters or knits that aren't long enough to cover it up.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome, I’m so glad that you’re pleased with them and they’re still

it looks great on you.. thanks again for your patience and for posting up the shot!

This shirt is awesome IRL and the initial was based on our pattern, so you guys can feel confident with that sizing advice. The selvedge detail inside is rad

yes actually! I have the Wilhelm fit on file with RTC right now. I’ve been reticent to hype anything up before we receive the delayed Fall production, but they’re shipping quite a bit this week and things have stabilized over there. If a 6-week lead time is okay, then I can absolutely take some more trouser orders and do 20% off the price

Thanks so glad that you dig it! I just sent some rad floral shirts your way last week too.
Cool! I'm in for a pair of tweed Wilhelms even if it takes 6 weeks. But I also don't want to create new problems for you.

And the drawstring pants look good, including in tweed!

Last edited:

kongmw

Reaction score
Sample Pant Feedback

View attachment 1538621

View attachment 1538623
View attachment 1538622
flannel. pajama. pants. :hide:

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And not to say that I wouldn't buy those as pictured, but just throwing the idea out there. What about an internal drawstring for a slightly cleaner look? I have a pair like that from another maker and I like how the elastic keeps them comfy, but the plain front is a little cleaner when worn w/ sweaters or knits that aren't long enough to cover it up.
Agree with the internal drawstring. I have a pair of internal drawstring pants though that do this weird puffy thing where the button is because there is too much fabric, but the drawstring hugs me. Cuuld be too much waist material on those pair though. Could not size down more because of my thighs. Could also be where they placed the holes for the drawstrings.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Agree with the internal drawstring. I have a pair of drawstring pants though that do this weird puffy thing where the button is because there is too much fabric, but the drawstring hugs me. COuld be too much waist material on those pair though. Could not size down more because of my thighs.

Intereting idea for sure on the internal drawstring. That would make it look less sweatpant-ish, but still stay functional. And if you have a shirt untucked, they'll look like normal pants as you won't see the string hanging beneath it.

Any other guys prefer that? Should be easy to flip around the waistband and have it inside. I'm using pretty good elastic too, so honestly you could take the drawstring out entirely and they'll still work.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay heads-up, we're doing a quick preorder tonight. I'm going to offer 5 shapes in three different kinds of Tiedye. I have the white garments on hand already, so the lead time is quick. We should have no problem shipping these within 10 days of the order closing. Here are the preview slides, and the newsletter will go out about 5PM PST.

I've got lots of tees and a good amount of sweatpants. Sashiko inventory is really tight, particularly Doyles, so you'll want to order them quickly if you're into the project. Going to be insane!

Sweatpant.jpg
Rivet Chino.jpg
Doyle.jpg
T-Shirt.jpg
Sashiko Kamigata.jpg

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Sample pant:

I like this. Corridor (Sunshine Blues) has a similar pant which is at a similar price point. As a made in USA guy, it would be great to have these as an option. Gustin made a similar pant and the fit was terrible, too skinny for anyone with larger thighs to be comfortable. Also theirs had a elastic band at the hem, which I found frustrating as someone with a shorter inseam.

I would recommend the cotton/linen blend. I have some similar Uniqlo pants in cotton/linen and they are the best for wearing around the house or early mornings at the lake during the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads