• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Bandy

Reaction score
Got mine last week and I am quite happy with it. A bit tight in the waist compared to the measurements, but then again I am a chubby dude. Overall quite please and the wait was worth it!

Attachments

• 9D525327-C52F-47CB-87B4-89BAEF6B33C7.JPG
    9D525327-C52F-47CB-87B4-89BAEF6B33C7.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 46

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Shot a few pics of our dude @L.I.T. in the Indigo Kamigata and his own camp collar shirt.

The Sashiko Kamigata is absolutely spectacular. It works perfectly as a cardigan and the weight is just ideal for the upcoming Spring. Compared to the OG denims that we used, I think it's a much more versatile piece in this fabric.

View attachment 1537419 View attachment 1537420 View attachment 1537421 View attachment 1537422

I actually paired the Chambray Kamigata that morning with my Camp Shirt since we had a little LA heat wave in the 80s. But the Sashiko Kamigata would definitely be a nice layering piece when it cools down or early spring.

Here’s the link to the shirt if any of you’re interested. You can size down one from your EP size. Only M, L, XL available.
Yoshiwa Selvage Camp Shirt

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Eva! Is it possible to do Wilhelms as part of the MTO trousers? I was thinking some of the tweeds would be good as Wilhelms, but it’s not an option in the menu.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
MY ARCHES HAVE FALLEN. A bit, not completely. But as a consequence, my shoe size appears to have gone up .5-1.0, which means MY ENTIRE SHOE CLOSET IS WORTHLESS TO ME. Yes, this is very traumatic.

Most specifically, I have FIVE PAIRS of Epaulet low trainers that seem to no longer work for me. Two of them are heavily used (and were my everyday shoes for 2-3 years except this past year, when I've been wearing a pair of Beckett Simonon GATs), but the other three pairs are new in the box. I can't tell you how many times I looked at those boxes and thought, "Ah, some day I'll bust out that wonderful shoe and oh what a time we will have." Now it seems that day may never come, because my feet are big and dumb.

So if anyone wears a 10.5 in the Epaulet low trainer and has interest in the fatigue/olive, natural (looks and feels like Essex, but is something Italian), or the color 8 shade of the couro cromo, please let me know.

I am sad now.

Last edited:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MY ARCHES HAVE FALLEN. A bit, not completely. But as a consequence, my shoe size appears to have gone up .5-1.0, which means MY ENTIRE SHOE CLOSET IS WORTHLESS TO ME. Yes, this is very traumatic.

Most specifically, I have FIVE PAIRS of Epaulet low trainers that seem to no longer work for me. Two of them are heavily used (and were my everyday shoes for 2-3 years except this past year, when I've been wearing a pair of Beckett Simonon GATs), but the other three pairs are new in the box. I can't tell you how many times I looked at those boxes and thought, "Ah, some day I'll bust out that wonderful shoe and oh what a time we will have." Now it seems that day may never come, because my feet are big and dumb.

So if anyone wears a 10.5 in the Epaulet low trainer and has interest in the fatigue/olive, natural (feels like Essex), or the color 8 shade of the couro cromo, please let me know.

I am sad now.
You should post this over in the Epaulet B/S/T thread. There were a few posters over there this morning who were collectively mourning the current discontinuation of the GAT. You might find eager buyers over there (in case they don’t also see your post here).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva, I would probably buy a second pair of GATs. I wear those and my Epaulet white sneakers more than any other casual shoes. The GATs have gone everywhere with me and double as gym or jogging shoes on light packing trips. I'll need another pair soon!

awesome, I’m so glad that you’re pleased with them and they’re still

Got mine last week and I am quite happy with it. A bit tight in the waist compared to the measurements, but then again I am a chubby dude. Overall quite please and the wait was worth it!

it looks great on you.. thanks again for your patience and for posting up the shot!

I actually paired the Chambray Kamigata that morning with my Camp Shirt since we had a little LA heat wave in the 80s. But the Sashiko Kamigata would definitely be a nice layering piece when it cools down or early spring.

Here’s the link to the shirt if any of you’re interested. You can size down one from your EP size. Only M, L, XL available.
Yoshiwa Selvage Camp Shirt

This shirt is awesome IRL and the initial was based on our pattern, so you guys can feel confident with that sizing advice. The selvedge detail inside is rad

@Epaulet Hey Eva! Is it possible to do Wilhelms as part of the MTO trousers? I was thinking some of the tweeds would be good as Wilhelms, but it’s not an option in the menu.

yes actually! I have the Wilhelm fit on file with RTC right now. I’ve been reticent to hype anything up before we receive the delayed Fall production, but they’re shipping quite a bit this week and things have stabilized over there. If a 6-week lead time is okay, then I can absolutely take some more trouser orders and do 20% off the price

As a sashiko fan, I encourage y’all to get in on the kamigata.

Thanks so glad that you dig it! I just sent some rad floral shirts your way last week too.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
10192F74-1D38-40EC-A452-BD2B61E0E040.jpeg

Just in case your on the fence still. I just reactivated the STYLE15 code for 15% off at check out for the shirt. It was $145 but with discount $123.25 Good until Jan 31.

Camp shirts work great paired with the Sinclair or Doyle too. In fact I should post a fit with the Doyle soon. Tough to get all dressed up lately but it sure makes you feel like your going to get some business done when you do.
Yoshiwa Selvage Twill Camp Shirt

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sample Pant Feedback

Hey guys, it's been a while since we've released a new shape, but I've got something in the works....

samplepant3.jpg

I don't have a name for this yet, but I'd like to release this casual drawstring chino in the next 8 weeks or so. Here's the main points:

1) The overall concept is a relaxed woven chino with an elastic drawstring waist.

2) The fit is based on the Wilhelm. It's going to be perfectly relaxed on Rivet guys, but also work for Wilhelm customers. The drawstring and elastic setup comes right from our Abbot sweatpants.

3) I really want to hit a strong price point with this. I worked with the factory to cut costs where we can. There's no belt loops. There's no fly or zipper. The back has button-through patch pockets. And the elastic waist band allows us to skip odd sizes and make them in Small through XL, with each size working for a range of waists (size Small would be 30-32 for example). An easier fit means less returns, and therefore more competitive pricing.

4) With these specs, I think that we can be at $95 with basic fabrics (8oz cotton canvas, ripstop, twill, NYCO. oxford cloth), at $110 for higher end fabrics (Japanese chambray, fun prints, cav twill, corduroy) and $145 for Sashiko.

5) It's super easy to do this as a short as well.. and knock maybe $15 off of the retails above.

Let me know what you guys think! Any feedback is appreciated. Here's some more shots too...

samplepant.jpg

samplepant2.jpg

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh. Make some in linen and maybe you're getting back to that EPLA feel. Add some slip ons, a t-shirt and a loose hemp/linen cardigan and you got that James Perse Cali Casual vibe...

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sample Pant Feedback

Hey guys, it's been a while since we've released a new shape, but I've got something in the works....

View attachment 1538621

I don't have a name for this yet, but I'd like to release this casual drawstring chino in the next 8 weeks or so. Here's the main points:

1) The overall concept is a relaxed woven chino with an elastic drawstring waist.

2) The fit is based on the Wilhelm. It's going to be perfectly relaxed on Rivet guys, but also work for Wilhelm customers. The drawstring and elastic setup comes right from our Abbot sweatpants.

3) I really want to hit a strong price point with this. I worked with the factory to cut costs where we can. There's no belt loops. There's no fly or zipper. The back has button-through patch pockets. And the elastic waist band allows us to skip odd sizes and make them in Small through XL, with each size working for a range of waists (size Small would be 30-32 for example). An easier fit means less returns, and therefore more competitive pricing.

4) With these specs, I think that we can be at $95 with basic fabrics (8oz cotton canvas, ripstop, twill, NYCO. oxford cloth), at $110 for higher end fabrics (Japanese chambray, fun prints, cav twill, corduroy) and $145 for Sashiko.

5) It's super easy to do this as a short as well.. and knock maybe $15 off of the retails above.

Let me know what you guys think! Any feedback is appreciated. Here's some more shots too...

View attachment 1538623
View attachment 1538622

I like the idea of elastic waistband pants and have had a few pair over the last year or so but find it really comes down to the fabric. Heavier fabrics (or at least something with a bit of weight to it) seem to work better IMO as they drape much better. And maybe this is antithetical to the idea of pants like this, but I like to add cuffs on mine as I feel that helps with the drape and silhouette as well.

Too light and airy of a fabric and I fear they'll come off looking like the Skidz I wore to junior high back in 1990.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Huh. Make some in linen and maybe you're getting back to that EPLA feel. Add some slip ons, a t-shirt and a loose hemp/linen cardigan and you got that James Perse Cali Casual vibe...

EXACTLY! Yeah that's the vibe I'm thinking. With WFH being (most likely) the theme of 2021, I think that this shape makes a lot of sense. I can see us running this in dyed corduroy in the Fall. Could even be dope in a mid-weight tweed.

I don't have any Epaulet pants yet, but I might be interested in these. I don't have huge thighs, but can't fit into most slim fits.

I think this will be an easy fit all around. They'll work great on the vast majority of guys who wear our pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the idea of elastic waistband pants and have had a few pair over the last year or so but find it really comes down to the fabric. Heavier fabrics (or at least something with a bit of weight to it) seem to work better IMO as they drape much better. And maybe this is antithetical to the idea of pants like this, but I like to add cuffs on mine as I feel that helps with the drape and silhouette as well.

Too light and airy of a fabric and I fear they'll come off looking like the Skidz I wore to junior high back in 1990.

We'll do a 35" inseam and a plain bottom, so should be possible for most guys to cuff. I hear you on the fabrics.. this sample cloth is about 7oz and drapes really nicely, so I think that this will still work nicely.

If I can source some prints... or we do dye effects like tiedye and crystal wash, I think that they can deliver this kind of feeling. Mos Def has a pretty big look with that pattern shirt, but switch that out for a bleached denim shirt, a blue sashiko doyle and more subdued sneakers, and I feel like they would jibe well with our collection

10-mos-def.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads