• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And from Facebook memories... here's our legendary Spiewak parka in 2014. It was the infamous "Polar Vortex" that made NYC feel like a huge meat locker...

IMG_4912.JPG

And despite the depressing mood in Los Angeles, this city is still excelling at sunsets...

7FB7FB64-DA42-4D4C-90A9-37F9F9ACBD1D 2.JPG

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A very good friend of mine from this forum reached out with a text message this morning. And I'm so grateful that he did. He reminded me that this thread needs the enthusiasm and interaction that we've spent the past 11 years building together. And that I have to report back to work here.

I'm sorry that I've been missing for the past 10 days or so. Honestly, all of the stuff happening right now has been taking a huge toll on me. I'm very lucky that no one close to me is suffering from COVID-19, but the general atmosphere here in Los Angeles is extremely somber. To me, it feels a lot like New York City did right after 9/11. If you've ever met me in person, then you know that (1) I rarely shut up and (2) I'll probably try to sell you something with over the top adjectives and energy. With everything happening, t's been difficult for me to bring that feeling. But, I really treasure this community, and I want to get back on track. And I don't want to make this about me... I know that many of us are struggling in the same way. In the early days of the pandemic, we had things like menswear karaoke and zoom meet-ups, but I think now -- we're all just waiting for this **** to finally end.

So, to check in on production:

1) We received almost 300 Sashiko Doyle & Kamigata garments. I'm shipping them out around 40 pcs per day, and I think that I can have all of the backorders shipped full by the weekend. Most Gunmetal, Steel Moss, and Indigo are out. Mink just arrived and is shipping today-tomorrow. They really came out amazing, and the Sashiko Kamigata is just incredible.

2) Sashiko Rivets are in their final finishing stage. Very confident that I'll have them dyed and shipping end of next week

3) Tweed vests and Sashiko Sinclairs are on track for end of the month

4) RTC is sending our first huge box out tomorrow! After that we should receive merchandise weekly. Their production is fairly stable right now, so I'm loosely planning another MTO round in March and potentially a trip there in April. I want to develop a fresh outerwear shape with them too.

And in terms of new stuff

1) Many of you guys were fans of our "Union Jersey" tees from a few years ago. In the spirit of those heavyweight pieces, I'm going to launch some new t-shirts today. They're the same price as our current pieces, but almost twice the weight. The hand on them is awesome, and they'll be available in Mink, Steel Moss, and Undyed Ecru.

2) I'll have some open stock in Mink Kamigatas going live on Saturday. I doubt that we'll be able to squeeze a second Kamigata run in this Season, so if you want one of these pieces, then definitely pick up the open stock that we have now

3) Get ready for a very fast and extremely bonkers tiedye preorder. I'm going to do a final run of sweatpants in three colors: Dark Crystal Wash (which is a black/charcoal mix), Cosmic Thunderbird Camo (like our current pants), and a new soft white crystal wash.

I'm going to take preorders for these three washes in T-shirts, Kamigatas, and Doyles. The garments are already made up in white, so there's no production to be done. Tiedye takes about a week, so with the preorder going live next week, they'll be in your hands by the end of the month. We'll just be limited to the garment stock on hand, so the size range offering will be smaller than usual. So if you ever needed an insane camo dyed Doyle.. this is your chance!

4) I also made a Sashiko picnic blanket. It's just as awesome as that sounds. With luck, we'll have 2000 yards of cloth arriving here soon, and we can start looking at some more production in this cloth.

5) Individualized is back open and turning stuff around really quickly. We're working on a new online presentation for custom shirting which will include a graphic and video guide for measurements... so things can be easier and faster for first time customers.

Thanks for the update! I'm excited to see the finished RTC product and some of the new things you have coming up!

Reaction score
Obviously these 10 months or so have been nutty but I was interested in that shawl collar leather jacket you featured here some months back. Is that still happening?

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the update @Epaulet ! I truly thought I might have missed an update regarding the processing or shipment, but completely understand the delays with production occuring around COVID.

molligan

Reaction score
Hey there, thanks for posting. I'll be the first to admit that I'm underwater with sorting through all of the Southwick/RTC stuff, but I'm working on getting out to everyone and getting all of our orders sorted and submitted this week for delivery by end of next month. I'm trying to go through things in chronological order, so a lot of my time has been working with guys who placed their orders at the beginning of the shutdown.. we took a bunch of sales back in late Feb and March which were never filled by Southwick. Most guys want to discuss their options, so it's laborious, but now that the fabrics are online for all to see, I'm going to focus everything this week to make it happen. I'm sorry and you're totally right... I should be better at announcing the progress of these things.

If you'd like to consider a replacement, then we do have some amazing fabrics available for sportcoats (link below), and you can choose anything in our inventory to substitute:

You can ask me any questions via email eva[at]epauletbrand.com or even post the questions here. I'll have videos for all of these items online and ready to watch tomorrow.

And again, my sincere apologies. I've been running Epaulet for 12 years, and I've been on Styleforum for about 11. I've definitely made some mistakes and delivered some things late over this time, but 2020 has been an unprecedented challenge, and I'm honestly only catching up with things now. If you can give me a chance to earn your business again, I promise that you're going to love how these jackets make up!

Hi Eva,

Any updates on my MTO now with RTC? Reached out via email and DM, but no response.

jeremy

velomane

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

Thanks so much for the update. Your post of a couple weeks ago regarding lost friends makes me want to remind everyone here to take care of your mental health and of those around you. One day we'll be able to look at this in the rear view mirror.

PM sent regarding my Doyle order from October.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously these 10 months or so have been nutty but I was interested in that shawl collar leather jacket you featured here some months back. Is that still happening?

That was an Aero project, I'm sure @Epaulet has more info than I do but Aero has been all over the place. I'm still waiting on an order from last spring. I think especially with Brexit and the new Coronavirus strain leading to extra lockdowns that anything running through the UK has just been a clusterfuck.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sashiko Kamigata and rivet chinos are out for delivery today.

Should be interesting.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering a navy kamigata, I think it would have good synergy with casual clothes available at affiliate vendors (cargos/loose trousers, camp collar shirts/kurtas, etc) does anyone have fit pics of such combinations?

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
Ah, I'm sorry.. I think that's going to get pushed out until after the holidays. At this point, I'm really trying to wrap up all of the existing MTO jackets and finish our Sashiko production. But it's absolutely realistic to do a really killer round of custom fabrics in January.

Hi Eva, I’m assuming the cord custom doyle options got shelved as you were dealing with the production backlog recently, but wanted to check in case it might still be in the offing this winter.

slows2k

Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Eva, we've had a little back and forth about the Epaulet GATs in the B/S/T thread and there seems to be interest in buying old stock. I know you said in the past sneakers didn't make much sense to be in the business of making right now, but would what about the the feasibility of a pre-order/no stock on hand only run? I would kill to replace my original brown pair with another.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I'm excited to see the finished RTC product and some of the new things you have coming up!

Hi Eva,
Any updates on my MTO now with RTC? Reached out via email and DM, but no response.
jeremy

Thanks for bearing with us on these RTC orders guys. I spoke with their president on Friday and we've got about 8 pairs of pants, 3 sportcoats, and a few suits shipping out on Tuesday. I don't have the manifest yet, but I'll photograph everything when it comes in. The factory has been struggling with periodic COVID shutdowns, but things are running more smoothly and they expect to ship backorders every week. We'll get each and every order filled! And once we're all caught up, we can open a new round of orders.

That was an Aero project, I'm sure @Epaulet has more info than I do but Aero has been all over the place. I'm still waiting on an order from last spring. I think especially with Brexit and the new Coronavirus strain leading to extra lockdowns that anything running through the UK has just been a clusterfuck.

Things are touch and go in the UK right now, but Aero is still open and doing production at reduced capacity. I received about a dozen jackets last Fall, and I know that quite a few... including pieces for @Sartorium and @M635Guy are in the finishing stages.

I definitely want to offer more jackets very soon, but I'm presently just waiting for them to catch up with things. The holidays are usually pretty busy for them, but I'll have a more clear picture very soon.

Hi Eva,

Thanks so much for the update. Your post of a couple weeks ago regarding lost friends makes me want to remind everyone here to take care of your mental health and of those around you. One day we'll be able to look at this in the rear view mirror.

PM sent regarding my Doyle order from October.

Thank you! Sorry for the delay on this, I'll get back to anyone missing custom LA-made garments this week. Custom plaid fabrics get cut in an external facility so that we can properly match the pattern, and things went a bit sideways there. I'll be in touch.

Hi Eva, I’m assuming the cord custom doyle options got shelved as you were dealing with the production backlog recently, but wanted to check in case it might still be in the offing this winter.

I've been giving the factory space to finish up the Sashiko, Vests, and Wilhelms that we've been waiting on, but things are clearing up. I think that offering a new custom round of jackets is actually really realistic in early Feb. I definitely have access to a lot of corduroy options for it.

My sashiko Kamigata and rivet chinos are out for delivery today.

Should be interesting.

So excited to hear everyone's feedback!

We've shipped out about 90% of the Doyle & Kamigata preorders. The remaining ones are waiting to be dyed with the incoming Rivet Chinos. If you ordered a matched set (jacket plus pants), then I held off on dyeing your jackets until now so that the color will be exactly consistent on both items.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Hey Eva, we've had a little back and forth about the Epaulet GATs in the B/S/T thread and there seems to be interest in buying old stock. I know you said in the past sneakers didn't make much sense to be in the business of making right now, but would what about the the feasibility of a pre-order/no stock on hand only run? I would kill to replace my original brown pair with another.

Honestly, I would love to do sneakers again.. and I do think that we were making the best GAT's on Earth during their time.

Given the current styles that we're doing, sneakers actually make a lot more sense with our overall collection.

Let me see how this season goes. I'd love to bring them back in museum calf and some of the nicer leathers that we used. The pandemic has made European production and shipping really difficult, but maybe we'll be in a position to do this later on.

Seriously considering a navy kamigata, I think it would have good synergy with casual clothes available at affiliate vendors (cargos/loose trousers, camp collar shirts/kurtas, etc) does anyone have fit pics of such combinations?

Shot a few pics of our dude @L.I.T. in the Indigo Kamigata and his own camp collar shirt.

The Sashiko Kamigata is absolutely spectacular. It works perfectly as a cardigan and the weight is just ideal for the upcoming Spring. Compared to the OG denims that we used, I think it's a much more versatile piece in this fabric.

mingfit.jpg
mingfit2.jpg
mingfit4.jpg
mingfit3.jpg

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eva, I would probably buy a second pair of GATs. I wear those and my Epaulet white sneakers more than any other casual shoes. The GATs have gone everywhere with me and double as gym or jogging shoes on light packing trips. I'll need another pair soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads