• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I guess to each his
My only transgression of that rule is making fun of Rudy Giuliani. But that's less a current political thing, and more my earned right as a former New Yorker. He's just making it so freaking easy these days. I'm still quoting screwed up things as "Total Landscaping" on a regular basis.

This tweet had me laughing for like two solid days....
View attachment 1508334

i may have bought this

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i may have bought this

Haha, I saw that when it came out! I was worried that it would stop being funny after a month.

But no.. it's been about a month.. and it's still pretty funny.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
GG Boot Tree DeSat.jpg

Hey everyone,

We're absolutely thrilled to offer our first collaborate boot with Gaziano & Girling! Meticulously crafted in England, may we present the Urban Commando boot in an exclusive shade of genuine African Kudu Antelope hide.

We're doing this production via deposit and balance payments. The total price for the boot in all Antelope (as pictured) is $1750. You can opt to have a contrasting suede shaft for $1900. There are three sole treatments to choose from, and all boots will be made on the comfortable and rounded GG06 last.

You can click here to view the item and place a deposit. We have enough leather for about 12 units in total. We'll keep this item online for about a week or until all 12 units are claimed, whichever happens first.

The first six people to order will receive G&G lasted shoe trees at no cost. After that, they'll be available as an add-on for $150.

Named "Dragon's Blood," this full-grain leather has a rich medium brown tone with a slight oxblood cast. Kudu hides are ethically sourced in South Africa and they make for a truly exceptional piece of footwear. The thick skin has pronounced natural grain and immense strength. Like deerskin, its supple and comfortable on the first wear. It achieves an exceptional patina with use and requires little upkeep. The look is distinctive, yet still easily matched with any casual or dressy looks in your wardrobe.

Your boots will be made to your specs and delivered in early March of 2021.

Suede assortment.jpg

kevinftwman

Reaction score
Hi, is there an update on the first round of preorder sashikos? Think the last update was in early November when you said they would be ready in a few weeks. Will we be receiving them by xmas?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there an update on the first round of preorder sashikos? Think the last update was in early November when you said they would be ready in a few weeks. Will we be receiving them by xmas?
Ditto, can’t wait for my mink Doyle

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Friends. It's been nice to read the past few pages of responses here after being away from the forum for some time. Inspired me to share a bit. I'm a professional musician, so I've been effectively out of work (minus some teaching, which was around 1/4 of my income) since March. As a consequence, I haven't worn any of my favorite clothes (mostly from Epaulet and then my lovely footwear collection) since then, and certainly haven't had the means to buy anything. I certainly do miss visiting this thread several times a day, seeing everyone's fit pics and sharing my own.

About a month ago Eva reached out to me on facebook and invited me to share some of my music with the community. I appreciated the thought, but just felt kind of self-conscious about it. I have more or less "official" channels for self-promotion, and always felt shy about taking advantage of other platforms that weren't necessarily "my own." But reading the very frank and sincere conversations today after logging in for the first time in a while inspired me to finally post something.

Well, since the age of 13 (I'm 42 now), I've devoted my life to playing the saxophone, both as a private event contractor and as a touring artist and bandleader. I can't do any of those things anymore (it's even challenging to find time to practice at home due to needing to supervise my kids' home schooling and then being on Zoom for online saxophone lessons in the evenings) obviously, and probably won't for another year, which is super depressing. Nevertheless, my record label decided to go ahead and release a new album that I recorded in London in May 2019, even though our EU and UK touring was canceled. It's actually gotten quite a bit of positive press and reception (more than my past 8 records, actually), which is starting to make me feel like I'm actually a musician again. Ha.

Anyway, I know there are a few jazz fans here (and a few vinyl collectors), so I hope you old friends won't mind if I share some music with you tonight. The album is called "Way of the Cairns," and it's a suite of original compositions inspired by Acadia National Park. Here are two video singles, "Darkest Night" and "Star Party." I hope you all enjoy it! (Y'all may recognize my jacket)

"Darkest Night"

"Star Party"

Thanks again, Eva, for providing this space!
--Patrick

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The package looked pretty good so that was a definite selling point. I’m going to give the album to my wife to have her wrap up and give to me for Christmas (I get the best gifts when I buy them myself!) so I won’t listen to it all the way through until then.

Bonus: I love Acadia National Park and used to go there a couple times a year with my ex when we would visit her dad in Portland or her sister up at Fort Kent. We won’t mention this tidbit to my wife.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The package looked pretty good so that was a definite selling point. I’m going to give the album to my wife to have her wrap up and give to me for Christmas (I get the best gifts when I buy them myself!) so I won’t listen to it all the way through until then.

Bonus: I love Acadia National Park and used to go there a couple times a year with my ex when we would visit her dad in Portland or her sister up at Fort Kent. We won’t mention this tidbit to my wife.
It’s a really special place, right? Back in 2016 I had spinal surgery, and after four months of recovery my wife and I dropped the kids off with their grandparents in Rhode Island (we live in Brooklyn) and drove up to Acadia for two days. I started to fall in love with the National Parks during that trip. We went back to Acadia with the whole family, and have since spent time in Glacier, Mt Ranier, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. We were hoping to get to Yellowstone in April but of course that vacation was cancelled. Can’t wait to be able to to get out into another park soon. I’m writing another suite of music for Glacier, but for a larger chamber ensemble. Jazz octet plus string quartet. The project is just in its starting phases, but it has been a challenging learning process so far.

Last edited:

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
making a nowadays rarish sf visit, and rewarded w/ learning this music is out there for the knowing. Great to hear this level of artistic achievement from the thread crowd! Thanks @Epaulet for encouraging this kind of space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads