• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ashwinrao1

Reaction score
Hi there, sent you a email re: Sizing, etc. Hope you are well. Interested in myh first Sinclair and a sale shirt.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id kill for this doyle in an orange

I like that idea. I'm not really in the market for another Doyle but might change my mind for something in blaze orange.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just did a blaze orange rip stop. I got it’s camo cousin. I think both were posted here. ?

I really liked that rip stop one and considered it, but I think I'd get a lot more use out of a thicker wool one as it would be a better weight for an outdoorsy, working-around-the-yard, on a crisp fall day here in the Great Lakes. FWIW though, I saw some of the photos of the finished orange ripstop ones and they did look pretty awesome.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I really liked that rip stop one and considered it, but I think I'd get a lot more use out of a thicker wool one as it would be a better weight for an outdoorsy, working-around-the-yard, on a crisp fall day here in the Great Lakes. FWIW though, I saw some of the photos of the finished orange ripstop ones and they did look pretty awesome.
Ah I see, you want something like an orange melton. That would be fun. But while you wait, there's this:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, you want something like an orange melton. That would be fun. But while you wait, there's this:

I actually thought of that one. I love my American Trench gear and just recently picked this up from them and it arrived yesterday:

I think posts about American Trench are welcome here since Epaulet has collabed with them in the past and I originally found out about them from something Eva posted here a long time ago.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I actually thought of that one. I love my American Trench gear and just recently picked this up from them and it arrived yesterday:

I think posts about American Trench are welcome here since Epaulet has collabed with them in the past and I originally found out about them from something Eva posted here a long time ago.

Yeah. Epaulet-American Trench-Save Khaki is my menswear trifecta, so I love their occasional overlap (AT currently hosts products from both).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah. Epaulet-American Trench-Save Khaki is my menswear trifecta, so I love their occasional overlap (AT currently hosts products from both).

Oh yes, the team from American Trench are our dudes... I highly recommend everything that they sell. @jah786 Their designer/founder is also on Styleforum.

They've got some great cold-weather gear this year, and Jacob puts a ton of work into his jacket development.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today's the last day of our Hertling promo. If you're not on Instagram, then here's a Youtube video of my discussion with Justin Christenen, the owner of Hertling, yesterday...

Apologies for the awkward intro before Justin signs on. It's always weird to broadcast live and have to say... "okay, just waiting for the other party to join." Also, when you shoot IG live, it will use the first frame of the live video as the preview for the eventual IGTV post. So I always end up posing with fabric in front of my face for a few seconds. Before I realized this, every single video started with me holding a Negroni.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FACTORY PRODUCTION UPDATE

1) Thanks for the Rivet Chino orders! I've shipped about half of the orders that we've received. But I've got about 80 pieces waiting for waistband buttons to be installed. We ran short, but more buttons arrive this evening, so hoping to get all of the chinos tomorrow and ship everything out that's been ordered.

The incoming chinos will also have the preordered Crosscut Pique and Woolrich Tweed Rivets... so those are scheduled to ship out this week as well.

2) New Chainstitch shirts are coming end of this week too! About 150 units in total, and a nice mix of flannels, twills, and chambrays.

3) New Doyles are in work and scheduled to finish around the end of next week. This is going to include all of the Woolrich preorders and a few new stock variants:

* Hunter Green Wool Melton
* Yoshiwa Triple-Weave Chambray
* Reid & Taylor Steel & Indigo Boucle Tweed

Everything else is running! We should have our first delivery of Sashiko garments soon. Lockie sweaters are all en-route. Yesterday was a record for outgoing packages for us, and we'll keep pushing to get everything completed and shipped. Thanks!

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Oh yes, the team from American Trench are our dudes... I highly recommend everything that they sell. @jah786 Their designer/founder is also on Styleforum.

They've got some great cold-weather gear this year, and Jacob puts a ton of work into his jacket development.
I notice they're branding their own lite Doyles (missing the back vent, buttons on the cuff, and side-entry pockets). What's the story there?

Also, sorry for being a pest, but I want to buy a steel moss sashiko sinclair :). I missed the deadline due to work, but now I am ready to spend money earned from said work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads