• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Things were a little crazy with all of the Hertling shipping yesterday, but I managed to get some snapshots before we packed these trousers. Pics are below, and all of these should be in their customer's hands in the next few days.

Speaking of Hertling, I'm going to launch a new promotion with them on Saturday morning. I know that the delivery windows were insane for this batch, but they're back up to full staff and ready for new work. We'll start taking orders on Saturday and shut down the promo on Tuesday. They'll start cutting things by the end of next week, and shipment from Hertling is guaranteed before Thanksgiving. Three notes on this:

1) Anyone who's only getting their pre-COVID pants now will be offered a 15% discount on these goods
2) The prices on these will be cheaper than previous rounds to begin with
3) To keep things easy and fast, we're going to streamline the options. We'll only offer Walt, Rudy, and Taylor. All hems are unfinished, and all pants will be done with belt loops (no side tabs). This should keep things moving but still offer what most customers are looking for.

Hertling Loden Cav.jpg
Hertling Grey Flannel.jpg
Hertling Tobacco Wool.jpg
Hertling Navy Cotton.jpg
Hertling Ivory Flannel.jpg
Hertling Woolrich Tweed.jpg
Hertling Nantucket Red.jpg
Hertling Cav Twill.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real quick.... new Rivets are online and they are freaking amazing. Especially the Calvary Twill... we only have 8 units of open stock and I can't say enough good things about that.

Here's the link. Use code rivet15 to get 15% off. I'll have this emailed out in the newsletter in a few hours.

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/rivet-chinos

Rivet Cozy Twill Main.jpg

Rivet Cozy Twill Cuff.jpg

Rivet Cav Twill Main.jpg

Rivet Cav Twill Cuff.jpg

Rivet Graphite Main.jpg

Rivet Graphite Twill Cuff.jpg

Rivet Navy Main.jpg

Rivet Navy Twill Cuff.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Hertling, I'm going to launch a new promotion with them on Saturday morning. I know that the delivery windows were insane for this batch, but they're back up to full staff and ready for new work. We'll start taking orders on Saturday and shut down the promo on Tuesday. They'll start cutting things by the end of next week, and shipment from Hertling is guaranteed before Thanksgiving. Three notes on this:
1) Anyone who's only getting their pre-COVID pants now will be offered a 15% discount on these goods
2) The prices on these will be cheaper than previous rounds to begin with
3) To keep things easy and fast, we're going to streamline the options. We'll only offer Walt, Rudy, and Taylor. All hems are unfinished, and all pants will be done with belt loops (no side tabs). This should keep things moving but still offer what most customers are looking for.
Any chance of some Cavalry twill?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of some Cavalry twill?

I'm not totally sure, but I'll have all of the swatches in hand late tomorrow. Will check back and let you guys know. We're only working with fabric that's on hand and ready to cut next Friday.

plato

Reaction score
One of the things I most wanted for fall was navy Cramerton Rivets, so I picked them up as soon as I saw the email yesterday. Thanks, Eva!

Any chance they're as soft as the recent mushroom ones? That colorway seemed to have a different hand than my other Cramerton rivets. Any chance for navy Cramerton wilhelms (or I forget the new name) so that my tailor can cut them into shorts?

The shoe/boot project a couple pages back looks interesting too. I'll be keeping an eye out.

utopiaburger

Reaction score
Hertling trousers look great. Does anyone size up for their cotton pants? I am a consistent 32 Rudy fit but my one pair of cotton twills fits tighter than my ~10 wool pants. Could be that I wash the cotton ones at home but dry clean the wool pants.

@Epaulet
Can the corduroys be washed at home or are they dry clean only?

also any new Wilhelms on the way?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Taylor fits similar to the Rudy, right? I may order a few Hertling pair...

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would still like to see the videos of the other RTC suiting fabric categories when you have a chance. Thank you.

Reactions: ljl

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the British Khaki cotton twill the same as the ones offered back in Jan? (looks like number is different, but don't know if they keep the same numbering) Also, what is the weight of the cotton twills?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One of the things I most wanted for fall was navy Cramerton Rivets, so I picked them up as soon as I saw the email yesterday. Thanks, Eva!

Any chance they're as soft as the recent mushroom ones? That colorway seemed to have a different hand than my other Cramerton rivets. Any chance for navy Cramerton wilhelms (or I forget the new name) so that my tailor can cut them into shorts?

The shoe/boot project a couple pages back looks interesting too. I'll be keeping an eye out.

@plato fantastic, thank you so much! They're not quite as soft as the mushroom ones... that particular fabric had a slightly brushed hand, so it was kind of special that way. I'd say that the feeling is closest to the gunmetal colorway when its "raw." It should soften nicely with a few washes.

That is a thing with Cramerton though... even with the same weight and type of yarn, the exact hand of the fabric seems to vary with color dyes. It's a great navy tone though.. I think that you're really going to dig it!

Oh and thanks.. our boot samples are in work right now with Gaziano & Girling, hoping to have that live right in early November.

Hertling trousers look great. Does anyone size up for their cotton pants? I am a consistent 32 Rudy fit but my one pair of cotton twills fits tighter than my ~10 wool pants. Could be that I wash the cotton ones at home but dry clean the wool pants.

@Epaulet
Can the corduroys be washed at home or are they dry clean only?

also any new Wilhelms on the way?

Thank you!

1) I wouldn't necessarily advise sizing up, but it sounds like you might be on the edge for size 32. It probably won't hurt to size up to 33's for the cotton and corduroy twills listed here.

In many cases, it's not so much that the cotton shrinks, but more that the wools stretch out with use and wear.

2) All of the cotton twills and corduroys can be machine washed. I'd say cold water and hang dry. And run them through a wash before hemming.

3) New Wilhelms landing in about 2-3 weeks. That will include the tweed and crosscut pique preorders too. We'll definitely offer the double faced Yoshiwa Twill and Navy Cramerton that we're showing right now in the Rivet Chinos.

The Taylor fits similar to the Rudy, right? I may order a few Hertling pair...

The Taylor has a single pleat and a significantly higher rise than the Rudy, but the leg sizing is equally generous. So while it's a different fit, pretty much everyone who wears the Rudy will also comfortably wear the Taylor in the same size. It's a great shape and has been really popular over these past few years.

I would still like to see the videos of the other RTC suiting fabric categories when you have a chance. Thank you.

Absolutely! I've actually got the 4-Season wools video shot, just need to find some time to edit it this weekend.

And curious... how do you guys like the new video format with titles added for each fabric? Trying to up the content quality. I think that my new camera is doing a better job for exposure and white balance than before.

Is the British Khaki cotton twill the same as the ones offered back in Jan? (looks like number is different, but don't know if they keep the same numbering) Also, what is the weight of the cotton twills?

I believe that it's the same British Khaki as before. The weight is around 8 or 9oz.

I don't know if you do corduroys, but those are totally ideal for a SoCal winter... I think that you'd get a ton of wear out of them. That Rusty Orange color is so killer too!

Man that came out so boss! Thanks as always for posting the pics!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HERTLING INSTAGRAM LIVE ON MONDAY

Just a heads up, I'll do a live broadcast with Justin Christensen of Hertling on Monday. He's going to run through the available fabrics and give some additional comments on them -- and we'll take any questions or comments that you guys have.

After all of the COVID delays in 2020, we're going to be really proactive with production on this batch. He's committed to weekly check-ins on the process and starting the cutting the end of next week. Every unit will ship from Hertling to our LA studio by Thanksgiving, and and hopefully we'll even get some or most of the units to finish before that. Making all of the shapes with belt loops and unfinished inseams will really help things to run more quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads