• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
I’m thinking about a tweed Doyle. Espresso Herringbone seems like the only brown option. I was hoping for a brown donegal but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

maybe the Sherlock....

what fabrics do you all like?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I’m thinking about a tweed Doyle. Espresso Herringbone seems like the only brown option. I was hoping for a brown donegal but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

maybe the Sherlock....

I agree with you — espresso. Or maybe pewter.

molligan

Reaction score
Hey guys!

The Rochester Stuff is all live! Newsletter is out. Whew, this was a massive project.

I'm going to talk about it a lot more over the next week, but here's the link to see all of the items

And here's some quick bullet points:

1) Rochester Tailoring Company is the new name for the Hickey Freeman factory in Rochester, New York. If you have any MiUSA Hickey goods, then this is made by the exact same team, to the exact same standards. Overall their work is considered a step above Southwick, and only 2nd in handwork to Oxxford Clothes (which are radically more expensive).

2) They have all of our jacket and pant designs on file, so expect the same fit and dimensions that you know and love

3) We're offering 20% off for one week with the code RTC20

4) These fabrics are seriously boss and beautiful. I still need to take videos of everything, but it's going to be a few days. If you're looking for a quick specific comparison of fabrics, feel free to ask me here or better yet.. send an Instgram DM to @Epaulet. Instagram chat allows me to easily send quick videos, so it's really excellent for chatting about custom pieces.

5) Production should take 4-6 weeks.

6) The fabric stock is fairly limited. They didn't have the enormous inventory that Southwick did, so if anything catches your eye.. especially the heavyweight stuff or the S150s items, I'd say to order sooner than later

7) I'm going to work on getting all outstanding Southwick orders transitioned over to here. I'll contact every customer, but if you already know that I owe you something, then feel free to check through the assortment and then email me at eva[at]epauletbrand.com and we'll get it sorted and submitted.

Thanks!
So how do all of the stranded Southwick orders get filled?? Do we need to put new orders in? Will we get some priority for selection?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe the Sherlock....

I'm smitten with the Sherlock Doyle.

Deep smit.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the Pewter Donegal a lot too. I don't think I have the game to run the Magenta Herringbone, but I think that one freaking rocks.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet I can't remember what the official product name was - I think it was a field jacket, but maybe something else? Anyway, I bought one from you at the old studio in a really soft green melton wool a couple years back. Would it be possible to get one of the new tweeds in that shape?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a garment in that Wabash stripe? It’s tempting but it’s giving me some railroad engineer vibes ?

LankyFellow

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

Over a month ago you said you would PayPal me for the 1 shirt in order 49141 that never got made.

I have tried to reach out to you a few times since then. Can you please tell me when I'm going to get this amount back?

I just kind of want this entire experience to be over.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have a garment in that Wabash stripe? It’s tempting but it’s giving me some railroad engineer vibes ?

It's pretty subtle and looks fairly solid from a few steps away. The Hickory Stripe fabric really gives off that railroad look, but this is much thinner and more understated.

Hi Eva,

Over a month ago you said you would PayPal me for the 1 shirt in order 49141 that never got made.

I have tried to reach out to you a few times since then. Can you please tell me when I'm going to get this amount back?

Thanks for the follow-up, that payment is sent and should be in your account now.

molligan

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

As this seems to be the only way to get a meaningful response from you (tried email and PM here numerous times), I am kindly requesting a refund on Order No. #50186 (MTO Southwick Nuovo). I have patiently waited over 4 months and have simply had numerous missed deadlines and false promises since September with almost zero communication. I completely understand that these are unprecedented times, and would really love to support small businesses such as your during the pandemic, but the complete disregard for customers who have paid money upfront and have been charged while putting out numerous new products etc. is just bad customer service. Like I have said in my PM's, even if you were just upfront and said "We are going to be late by a few months" I would have been okay with that, but rather you decided to make repeated false promises ("next week...") and now have just simply ignored me. I really don't get it. Anyways, if I am not refunded I will be taking it up with my CC. A real shame, because epaulet has been my go to for years now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eva,

As this seems to be the only way to get a meaningful response from you (tried email and PM here numerous times), I am kindly requesting a refund on Order No. #50186 (MTO Southwick Nuovo). I have patiently waited over 4 months and have simply had numerous missed deadlines and false promises since September with almost zero communication. I completely understand that these are unprecedented times, and would really love to support small businesses such as your during the pandemic, but the complete disregard for customers who have paid money upfront and have been charged while putting out numerous new products etc. is just bad customer service. Like I have said in my PM's, even if you were just upfront and said "We are going to be late by a few months" I would have been okay with that, but rather you decided to make repeated false promises ("next week...") and now have just simply ignored me. I really don't get it. Anyways, if I am not refunded I will be taking it up with my CC. A real shame, because epaulet has been my go to for years now.

Hey there, thanks for posting. I'll be the first to admit that I'm underwater with sorting through all of the Southwick/RTC stuff, but I'm working on getting out to everyone and getting all of our orders sorted and submitted this week for delivery by end of next month. I'm trying to go through things in chronological order, so a lot of my time has been working with guys who placed their orders at the beginning of the shutdown.. we took a bunch of sales back in late Feb and March which were never filled by Southwick. Most guys want to discuss their options, so it's laborious, but now that the fabrics are online for all to see, I'm going to focus everything this week to make it happen. I'm sorry and you're totally right... I should be better at announcing the progress of these things.

If you'd like to consider a replacement, then we do have some amazing fabrics available for sportcoats (link below), and you can choose anything in our inventory to substitute:

You can ask me any questions via email eva[at]epauletbrand.com or even post the questions here. I'll have videos for all of these items online and ready to watch tomorrow.

And again, my sincere apologies. I've been running Epaulet for 12 years, and I've been on Styleforum for about 11. I've definitely made some mistakes and delivered some things late over this time, but 2020 has been an unprecedented challenge, and I'm honestly only catching up with things now. If you can give me a chance to earn your business again, I promise that you're going to love how these jackets make up!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys... checking in with some new developments...

1) About 38 pairs of long-awaited Hertling Trousers arrived today. We're going to shoot pics and work to get every single unit shipped out to their owners tomorrow. The balance is expected around the end of next week. So for anyone waiting on backordered trousers... they'll be in your hands very soon!

2) Rivet Chinos are in final finishing.. about 150 pairs. This includes the preorders for Crosscut Pique, Cav Twill, and Cozy Flannel. We've got open stock in Cozy Flannel and a few new varieties too. I'm going to launch the new stock on Thursday.

3) Chainstitch shirts are finishing up, should also be around 160 units of those arriving late next week. We've got great flannels. twills, a rad oxblood moleskin, and a bleached-out Japanese denim.

4) William Lockie Sweaters are set to be here in about 7-10 days! Looking like they'll leave Scotland next Monday or Tuesday.

5) Sorry for the delay with Rochester Tailoring videos.... there's a lot of fabrics to show, so it's been some work keeping up with it. The new videos are all shot with my Sony ZV-1, so you can stream them in 4K resolution and the white balance is better than it's ever been. I'm putting titles for each fabric on there as well.

The Four Season & Flannel video is shot as well, I just have to edit and upload it tonight. I'm hoping to have that active in all the items tomorrow...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads