• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It sounds like I should have picked up my normal Doyle size rather than sizing up for the Sashiko like in the past?

Yes, I wouldn't advise sizing up for this. Send me an email at eva[at]epauletbrand.com and I can change the size for you. We're only cutting them on Saturday so it's good timing.

Hiamosey

Reaction score
Yes, I wouldn't advise sizing up for this. Send me an email at eva[at]epauletbrand.com and I can change the size for you. We're only cutting them on Saturday so it's good timing.

Just emailed. I appreciate it very much, Eva. Looking forward to the order.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

The Rochester Stuff is all live! Newsletter is out. Whew, this was a massive project.

I'm going to talk about it a lot more over the next week, but here's the link to see all of the items

And here's some quick bullet points:

1) Rochester Tailoring Company is the new name for the Hickey Freeman factory in Rochester, New York. If you have any MiUSA Hickey goods, then this is made by the exact same team, to the exact same standards. Overall their work is considered a step above Southwick, and only 2nd in handwork to Oxxford Clothes (which are radically more expensive).

2) They have all of our jacket and pant designs on file, so expect the same fit and dimensions that you know and love

3) We're offering 20% off for one week with the code RTC20

4) These fabrics are seriously boss and beautiful. I still need to take videos of everything, but it's going to be a few days. If you're looking for a quick specific comparison of fabrics, feel free to ask me here or better yet.. send an Instgram DM to @Epaulet. Instagram chat allows me to easily send quick videos, so it's really excellent for chatting about custom pieces.

5) Production should take 4-6 weeks.

6) The fabric stock is fairly limited. They didn't have the enormous inventory that Southwick did, so if anything catches your eye.. especially the heavyweight stuff or the S150s items, I'd say to order sooner than later

7) I'm going to work on getting all outstanding Southwick orders transitioned over to here. I'll contact every customer, but if you already know that I owe you something, then feel free to check through the assortment and then email me at eva[at]epauletbrand.com and we'll get it sorted and submitted.

Thanks!

Todd V

Reaction score
Been saying for years that “this year” might be the year for a Harris tweed suit. Don’t know if I can swing a suit, but maybe I can use a jacket... maybe that sand herringbone. Looking forward to the videos.

scoobmx

Reaction score
Hey @Epaulet I've been having a frustrating experience trying to get a hold of you. I've pinged you on IG every few days - is that the best way?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Doyle day.
20201016_111819.jpg

carrma

Reaction score
Hey Eva.

Just a heads up: I sent you an email yesterday about tying up my Southwick order. Please let me know that you reviewed it.

Thanks,
-Matthew

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been saying for years that “this year” might be the year for a Harris tweed suit. Don’t know if I can swing a suit, but maybe I can use a jacket... maybe that sand herringbone. Looking forward to the videos.

A Harris Suit is a lot.. it's kind of like a suit of armor! But a jacket in that Sand Herringbone would be boss. I'll definitely have the Tweed & Luxe Video done for tomorrow. I think the cotton & four season ones will be Monday, realistically.

But yeah, that will be an absolutely ace jacket! I think you'll get a ton of wear out of it.

Hey @Epaulet I've been having a frustrating experience trying to get a hold of you. I've pinged you on IG every few days - is that the best way?

Sorry dude... wrote you back! Instagram is great, I've just been hunkered down with the RTC stuff, but back on the grind.

Love it! Toy shopping?

View attachment 1478296
corduroy sport coat is so nice this time of year

Amazing combo with the Individualized shirt! Gorgeous color on that corduroy too.

Hey Eva.

Just a heads up: I sent you an email yesterday about tying up my Southwick order. Please let me know that you reviewed it.

Thanks,
-Matthew

I gotcha, thanks! We'll get this all sorted over the weekend.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a quick photo of an Aero makeup that we just received. The customer wanted a minimal look, so we made a cafe racer with (1) no chest pockets and (2) no snap on the tab collar. Looks really boss and Margiela-esque! This is done in the black lightweight horsehide. It the softest front quarter horse that I've ever felt.

aero black.jpg

As you guys might recall, I was working with Aero on a new promotion with their shawl collar jacket, but I decided to put it on hold until we received our outstanding orders. They needed some space to catch up after months of shutdown, but they're in a good place now. Realistically, we can offer a new promotion and that rad new shape in mid November for an end February delivery. The goal will be to get everyone's jacket delivered right at the end of winter, so you have maximum early Spring wear on it.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3) Tweed Doyles and new stock Doyles are about two weeks out.

6) Doyle/Sinclair special orders will reopen in about two weeks. I've got at least 20 INSANE tweeds and flannels to offer, and for the first time... you can get suede elbow patches as an upgrade.
Does that mean in stock tweed doyles? I think the special order ones are a little outside my budget given that its going to be a Jan-March only jacket :D

smmrfld

Reaction score
Here's a quick photo of an Aero makeup that we just received. The customer wanted a minimal look, so we made a cafe racer with (1) no chest pockets and (2) no snap on the tab collar. Looks really boss and Margiela-esque! This is done in the black lightweight horsehide. It the softest front quarter horse that I've ever felt.

View attachment 1478577

As you guys might recall, I was working with Aero on a new promotion with their shawl collar jacket, but I decided to put it on hold until we received our outstanding orders. They needed some space to catch up after months of shutdown, but they're in a good place now. Realistically, we can offer a new promotion and that rad new shape in mid November for an end February delivery. The goal will be to get everyone's jacket delivered right at the end of winter, so you have maximum early Spring wear on it.
Looks just like the minimalist Aero you made for me in cordovan horsehide. Nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads