• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TS2404

Reaction score
Have the secret sashiko items been posted? Specifically for the sleeve length modification? I purchased a gift card at a slight discount and watched the first 200 units sell out while waiting for the secret item to go live. I will happily accept the November ship date with the second batch of fabric, but am really hoping I don't miss out again with the gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Eva posted an Instagram live earlier and from memory the sashiko kamigatas are going live tomorrow morning and the sashiko Wilhelms in a couple of days.

edit - sorry, missed that you were asking specifically about the sleeve length modification - not sure about that

Last edited:

joydivisi0n

Reaction score
Eva posted an Instagram live earlier and from memory the sashiko kamigatas are going live tomorrow morning and the sashiko Wilhelms in a couple of days.

edit - sorry, missed that you were asking specifically about the sleeve length modification - not sure about that

Thanks for that. Hopefully Eva will chime in soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet
Is there an ETA on the custom Doyles for the order that closed on 8/6 that included the Nisshinbo Golden Sand Twill? As I recall those were targeted to ship this month...
Thanks

Also wondering, I have one in that batch as well.

Should be through fairly soon... we have two custom batches running through right now.

Oh and the Crosscut Pique chinos are in the final stages too! Can't wait for those to get delivered!

Have the secret sashiko items been posted? Specifically for the sleeve length modification? I purchased a gift card at a slight discount and watched the first 200 units sell out while waiting for the secret item to go live. I will happily accept the November ship date with the second batch of fabric, but am really hoping I don't miss out again with the gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks for that. Hopefully Eva will chime in soon.

Hey guys, thanks for bearing with me! This preorder project has been crazy, so just trying to keep up with questions and developments.

1) We'll definitely do Sashiko Wilhelms. I'll go ahead and put together that item tomorrow.

2) I should be able to cut some custom jackets with the November batch. I'm going to keep the length increments to just one inch only, and I might have to limit the color choices to make sure that dyeing them makes sense. But we'd certainly offer all the top colors (Mink, Indigo, Gunmetal, Steel Moss). I'll plan to put those online Wed.

3) If our incoming fabric inventory allows, I'll definitely offer Sashiko blankets. These will be freaking rad!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In case you didn't get the newsletter about the Sashiko Kamigata.

HERE'S THE LINK TO CHECK IT OUT AND PLACE AN ORDER

Kamigata Main.jpg

Back in 2014, we released the "Kamigata"... our take on the traditional Japanese noragi jacket. Styled with a shawl collar, functional hip pockets, and a hidden front button, it straddles the line between outerwear and cardigan. It's effortless to wear, but offers a truly distinctive style.

Customers have requested this piece in Sashiko for years.. and we're thrilled to offer it in all 10 colors of our Fall preorder offering.

With the first 200 units already claimed, delivery for this item will be end November. Given the overwhelming demand of this preorder, we don't anticipate having any open stock, so the preorder units will be the only ones produced. Orders are open until Tuesday, but the available fabric for November delivery could sell out before that. Get your orders in and don't miss out on this beautiful piece!

The Kamigata has an easy fit that works in tandem with our Doyle & Sinclair jackets. Just order your typical Doyle size, and you'll be good to go.

Kamigata Layout.jpg

Kamigata Cuff.jpg

Kamigata Pocket.jpg

Kamigata Closed.jpg

joydivisi0n

Reaction score
2) I should be able to cut some custom jackets with the November batch. I'm going to keep the length increments to just one inch only, and I might have to limit the color choices to make sure that dyeing them makes sense. But we'd certainly offer all the top colors (Mink, Indigo, Gunmetal, Steel Moss). I'll plan to put those online Wed.

Thanks Eva. I will be ready to pull the trigger on a gunmetal sinclair with a sleeve modification.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you didn't get the newsletter about the Sashiko Kamigata.

HERE'S THE LINK TO CHECK IT OUT AND PLACE AN ORDER

View attachment 1466883
Back in 2014, we released the "Kamigata"... our take on the traditional Japanese noragi jacket. Styled with a shawl collar, functional hip pockets, and a hidden front button, it straddles the line between outerwear and cardigan. It's effortless to wear, but offers a truly distinctive style.

Customers have requested this piece in Sashiko for years.. and we're thrilled to offer it in all 10 colors of our Fall preorder offering.

With the first 200 units already claimed, delivery for this item will be end November. Given the overwhelming demand of this preorder, we don't anticipate having any open stock, so the preorder units will be the only ones produced. Orders are open until Tuesday, but the available fabric for November delivery could sell out before that. Get your orders in and don't miss out on this beautiful piece!

The Kamigata has an easy fit that works in tandem with our Doyle & Sinclair jackets. Just order your typical Doyle size, and you'll be good to go.

View attachment 1466884
View attachment 1466885
View attachment 1466886
View attachment 1466887

Alright, no more spending money but I did order the kamigata in natural.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

asandman

Reaction score
Hey Knox,

Michael happily retired a little over a year ago, so this is Eva Kuhle :)

I've got a TON of awesome fabrics from RTC. Originally I was worried that the selection would be really limited compared to Southwick, but my selection is going to be just as large in scope. And I'm going to have really competitive prices, particularly on the more luxe seasonal goods.

Got a flawless navy hopsack from Hardy Minnis, so don't worry about that!

My plain is to photo and video these goods this week and get them out to anyone who was "stranded" with an unfulfilled Southwick order. We'll have plenty of inventory in the standard things that you're looking for, but some of the tweeds and cashmere blends are more limited, so I'm going to give those Southwick guys the first choice of anything. Once all of those orders are submitted and sewn away, I'll launch the whole program formally.

But I'll have some info to show everyone this week. I'm going to start a dedicated Epaulet x RTC thread which will be all about our partnership and new developments.

I believe I am among those with a stranded Southwick order :eek: please PM me! Thanks

joydivisi0n

Reaction score
2) I should be able to cut some custom jackets with the November batch... I'll plan to put those online Wed.

Not to be a pest, but I did want to confirm that this is still the plan for today. Don't want to miss my window. Thanks!

wesleeatl

Reaction score
speaking of being a pest, i’ve had orders unfulfilled that date back to the beginning of April. Not receiving any responses via email or facebook. any light to be shed on the outstanding southwick/hertling orders? looking for something more concrete than “end of this week” or “being told by the end of the month.” email is [email protected] for reference.

thegenius

Reaction score
speaking of being a pest, i’ve had orders unfulfilled that date back to the beginning of April. Not receiving any responses via email or facebook. any light to be shed on the outstanding southwick/hertling orders? looking for something more concrete than “end of this week” or “being told by the end of the month.” email is [email protected] for reference.

I've had the same issues with my orders dating back to April 29th 2020. We're coming up 5 months of delays and there's only so many times I can take "next week" or "next month" with long periods of unresponsiveness in between. Especially if new orders are being processed all throughout. If things don't become clear soon I'll be taking things up with paypal since I can't have thousands of dollars tied up for months without results..

goalaso

Reaction score
Dartmouth suit owners,
I know the question of shortening sleeves on finished, nonfunctional cuffs has been addressed on SF many times, but I have 2 questions that Epaulet Dartmouth coat owners might be uniquely suited to answer:
(1) If anyone has shortened their Dartmouth sleeves *significantly* (2.5-2.75 inches), how did the result come out aesthetically? Would you do it again?
(2) How did your tailor do (or choose not to do) this? i.e. from the shoulder, from the cuff, with/without taper...

I've gotten different advice from different tailors, with the theme that "it depends" on the particular coat and how tapered the sleeve is. I don't own any Dartmouths, and online measurements don't indicate taper, hence the questions I'm asking from those with potential first-hand experience, both re: feasability (it seems anything is technically possible) and just as importantly aesthetic results
Thanks in advance for any advice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads