• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Doyle just arrived and it’s also my first garment in the sashiko. Very nice! It’s heavier and softer than I thought it would be, and instantly so very comfortable. I think I made a mistake getting the indigo because it’s going to go with everything and make it harder to justify more Doyle’s ?

You can always justify more Doyles

Reactions: ljl

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
My first Doyle just arrived and it’s also my first garment in the sashiko. Very nice! It’s heavier and softer than I thought it would be, and instantly so very comfortable. I think I made a mistake getting the indigo because it’s going to go with everything and make it harder to justify more Doyle’s ?
One of us, one of us

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next one will be in a lighter fabric because here in CA, that sashiko might be a little limiting. I run hot and if climate change continues to make summer half the year, I’ll need something else for spring/fall.

Honestly the first thing I did after putting on the Doyle was stare at that racing green chevron cashmere but I don’t know if I have the fashion bones for it.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
My next one will be in a lighter fabric because here in CA, that sashiko might be a little limiting. I run hot and if climate change continues to make summer half the year, I’ll need something else for spring/fall.

Honestly the first thing I did after putting on the Doyle was stare at that racing green chevron cashmere but I don’t know if I have the fashion bones for it.
It makes up great in linen too. Good luck!

cosmicstring

Reaction score
Hi Eva,

I received my beautiful Orchid Silk Matka to contrast to my amazingly pink flax linen Doyle from last year. Thanks for all of this.

One quick question which maybe others have too: I ordered five shirts from the custom shirting promo in May coming from Individualized Shirt (order #49782), but I've only received three and the order is listed as fulfillment status: partial. Is there any update on how Individualized is doing?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am tempted by the jackets as they look pretty awesome. However, I have way too many jackets at right now. I actually have a Tom Ford sport coat with patch pockets that is almost the exact same cone and texture as that chestnut sinclair except mine is a silk wool blend. I totally forgot about it till I saw this.

I did order come rivet chinos in mink as I think they will make a nice alternative to brown cords for the fall.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to know how the Sherlock's Cap would look made up and couldn't decide between Doyle / Sinclair. I figured I was going to go Doyle because it's more casual and thus would be more versatile/get more wear. But after doing some photoshopping to get a sense of it, I really preferred the Sinclair. Color/scale are probably off but it's the general idea that helped me. Figure I'd share, maybe it'll help sway someone. Hope you don't mind Eva.

sinclair sashiko 1.jpg sinclair sashiko 2.jpg sinclair Woolrich Herringbone.jpg
doyle sandy 1.jpg doyle sandy 2.jpg doyle sashiko.jpg

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural Doyle ordered! Really couldn't resist since Eva figured out a way to slashed shipping to Canada in half :D

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I got my first Sinclair recently in the tobacco slub denim. The shoulders fit well, sleeve length is just about long enough (I am tallish, slimmish, with relatively long arms and legs), but it feels a bit big in the body and waist. I can't go down to a 38 as the shoulders and sleeves would be wrong. I might get it altered. I assume that the same fit issues would apply to a Doyle?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Wanted to know how the Sherlock's Cap would look made up and couldn't decide between Doyle / Sinclair. I figured I was going to go Doyle because it's more casual and thus would be more versatile/get more wear. But after doing some photoshopping to get a sense of it, I really preferred the Sinclair. Color/scale are probably off but it's the general idea that helped me. Figure I'd share, maybe it'll help sway someone. Hope you don't mind Eva.

View attachment 1460758 View attachment 1460759 View attachment 1460760
View attachment 1460761 View attachment 1460762 View attachment 1460763
This is so cool. I just did a more amateur version of the same thing with a steel moss sashiko Sinclair.

I will say that I have a green tweed doyle and I love it. But the fancier the fabric goes, the more it’ll probably feel like a Sinclair is right.

jms

Reaction score
I'm eagerly anticipating the Sashiko secret item link. ?

Last edited:

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score

View attachment 1460758 View attachment 1460759 View attachment 1460760
View attachment 1460761 View attachment 1460762 View attachment 1460763
I have heavily thought about ordering this. Looks awesome. I just have so much clothing.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heavily thought about ordering this. Looks awesome. I just have so much clothing.

I know. Especially when I'm barely cycling through clothes now too. Hard to justify but I just really couldn't resist the fabric.

This is so cool. I just did a more amateur version of the same thing with a steel moss sashiko Sinclair.

I will say that I have a green tweed doyle and I love it. But the fancier the fabric goes, the more it’ll probably feel like a Sinclair is right.

Are there any pics of said green tweed Doyle?

Reactions: ljl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads