• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you think - would that fabric work with that shape? Seems to me like it would make for a good winter coat here. Don't think I need an actual lined overcoat in LA, but I wouldn't mind having something at that length in a tweed. Is there anything with the thickness or drape that would give you pause with making it up in a Mac?

No it would make up great as a Mac IMO. Would be an ideal Fall coat for colder spots and Winter coat for LA. I think that we can do it inexpensively too. I'm gonna try a sample out and see how it goes. We'll definitely do the Sashiko mac project first, but could be dope to offer some heavier tweeds and wools too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Printed Japanese rayon. Custom jackets. Am I crazy for thinking this?

E8155B52-4C43-4E41-8043-6288669580D6.jpeg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Rivets to the J. Crew 770? It's the fit I'm most familiar with. Thanks.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it would make up great as a Mac IMO. Would be an ideal Fall coat for colder spots and Winter coat for LA. I think that we can do it inexpensively too. I'm gonna try a sample out and see how it goes. We'll definitely do the Sashiko mac project first, but could be dope to offer some heavier tweeds and wools too.

So if I was interested in that, I should wait a bit rather than making a special request on this round? And I think it'd be a great idea to make the sample in a 42.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Rivets to the J. Crew 770? It's the fit I'm most familiar with. Thanks.
Very similar. 770 was my go-to and the rivets are an upgrade in every way. Rivets may be a touch more slim, but only by a fraction. I wore a 31 in 770 and take a 32 in rivets

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Time to bring back the Kamigata?
I second the idea of a kamigata. This looks rad as hell.
Camp collar, short sleeve button down. Zomg!

So glad that you guys dig it! Bad news is that my factory can't work with 100% rayon, they just don't have the machines.

Good news is that the new Gitman Bros facility can! I'm going to holler at Chris at Gitman and see if we can do something with this :)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d second the camp collar short sleeve short idea.

Those loud, printed rayon fabrics are screaming to be on a camp collar shirt. It may be too late in the season to get much use out of them this year, but that’s something that I’d happily put away in the closet for a few months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads