• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj805

Reaction score
yup yup, it’s still online. I’m getting the fabric at 5pm PST so no problem to get that in.

thanks! You’re going to love that sand twill, it’s excellent

Order placed--thank you

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Found a Corduroy Rivet Chino in size 32!

This is a really awesome item for Fall. It was our first dye sample, so it's not exactly the same shade as the ultimate production run. It's still chestnut and looks just like the photos, but you'll see a few shades of difference against the sinclairs and doyles.

But if you're a size 32, it's an awesome piece all on its own.

scoobmx

Reaction score
@Epaulet about the new Geelong sweater project, do you have measurements for shoulders and waist as well? Asking because sweaters are impossible to tailor, and respectfully it looks from the website pictures as if the shoulders are cut too narrow for your model. (Assuming here that the shoulder seam is intended to hit at the edge of the shoulders)

Knox

Reaction score
To: Epaulet

Firstly, many congrats on the ongoing business success(es) -- and personal happiness. "Bully for you," as they say.

I'm a bit of a fogey, and, for decades, remained committed to a couple of Southwick models--the Warwick and, latterly, the Douglas. Basically the classic undarted sack -- think old, classic Brooks/J. Press. Of course I was saddened (stunned) to hear about Southwick's demise, which, upon reflection, sounds more slow-and-steady than sudden. As a longtime customer of Southwick/Grieco Bros., this is reason for grief.

I just learned (recently) that you (Epaulet) have been carrying Southwick for years. Good for you (and them)--that this relationship thrived, even amidst the up's and down's. Now, onto my question: it sounds like Hickey Freeman has 'borrowed' (?) the Southwick models and can/will make them. Can they make the Douglas model? I would hope for the following specs: center (preferably hook) vent, (very) natural shoulder, undarted/dartless, 1/4" stitching, lapped seams, relatively narrow lapels, etc.

Many thanks.
Knox

LanternS

Reaction score
Hello. I ordered a custom Doyle in May with an indicated delivery time of 4-5 weeks, if I recall correctly. I have not yet received the jacket. I emailed a few weeks ago but did not receive a response. Can you please advise on the status of my order? Thank you.

Beav

Reaction score
Hello. I ordered a custom Doyle in May with an indicated delivery time of 4-5 weeks, if I recall correctly. I have not yet received the jacket. I emailed a few weeks ago but did not receive a response. Can you please advise on the status of my order? Thank you.
It's posts like this that make me worry a bit about the doyle I ordered in June... I'm always a little worried about preorders when it seems there are hiccups here and there for items.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also try reaching out through facebook and instagram, along with sending another email. These things can get lost in the shuffle but the Epaulet crew will answer everyone's queries (even if it takes some time/attempts).

It's posts like this that make me worry a bit about the doyle I ordered in June... I'm always a little worried about preorders when it seems there are hiccups here and there for items.
CS email responses have been an issue. I don't think I'm being overly critical here, as I believe Eva has pretty much admitted so in the past. Likewise, there are some hiccups with custom orders sometimes- especially for a small-ish brand working with small-ish producers in the midst of an ever-shifting pandemic.

I can tell you, though, that Eva has never failed to make me whole on an order. I have had some pretty silly stuff happen on orders (usually production errors or miscommunications, nothing on her end) and have always come out with the product I wanted or a more-than-reasonable alternative. Mistakes happen but you won't be left holding the bag.

Beav

Reaction score
You can also try reaching out through facebook and instagram, along with sending another email. These things can get lost in the shuffle but the Epaulet crew will answer everyone's queries (even if it takes some time/attempts).

CS email responses have been an issue. I don't think I'm being overly critical here, as I believe Eva has pretty much admitted so in the past. Likewise, there are some hiccups with custom orders sometimes- especially for a small-ish brand working with small-ish producers in the midst of an ever-shifting pandemic.

I can tell you, though, that Eva has never failed to make me whole on an order. I have had some pretty silly stuff happen on orders (usually production errors or miscommunications, nothing on her end) and have always come out with the product I wanted or a more-than-reasonable alternative. Mistakes happen but you won't be left holding the bag.
Yeah, me too, with the hiccups. It has always got sorted out one way or another. Eva has always been honest to deal with.

I've found messaging via Instagram is best. Emails go unanswered in my experience.

kongmw

Reaction score
Got my first ever Epaulet x IS shirt in over the weekend. Really great work on the camp collar and of course the texture of seersucker is always amazing. Thanks to Eva @Epaulet for being super helpful with the virtual fitting too!

IMG_8289.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads