• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mini golfing with my little guy.
20200803_183748.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fairfax Hoodies are Live

Hey guys,

Our pullover hoodie lives! By popular demand, we made the top three colors of Indigo, Olive Drab, and Vintage Black. And it honestly came out perfectly. I wrote a bunch of copy in the items themselves, so here's the TLDR

1) The base is of medium-heavyweight cotton fleece that's plush and strong. I think it cuts the perfect balance. It's way thicker and more durable than the average Hanes or whatever, but a lot softer and easier to layer than things like Supreme or Reigning Champ. It drapes nicely due to the sturdy weight, but you can still layer it under a jacket.

2) Our dyehouse is the best. Same people that do the Sashiko, so the tones are vibrant and colorfast. Our old hoodies were kind of wonky with colors, but these are perfect iterations of the three colors IMO.

3) The garment is all white and then run thru a bath after makeup, so there's some cool and very subtle fading effects around the seams. It's all made in South Central LA.

4) Sizing is right were it should be. If you wear an Epaulet Medium or 38, then get a Medium in this. If you take a Large or a 40, then get a Large. It's super easy.

5) This initial run has 20 units per color, sizes M, L, and XL. Use the code fairfax15 to save 15% until Saturday. It makes the price $80.75, which is really unbeatable for this garment.

Fairfax Navy Pockets.jpg

FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN INDIGO

Fairfax Hoodie Main.jpg

FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN VINTAGE BLACK

Fairfax Olive Pocket.jpg

FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN OLIVE DRAB

apolloali

Reaction score
Fairfax Hoodies are Live

Hey guys,

Our pullover hoodie lives! By popular demand, we made the top three colors of Indigo, Olive Drab, and Vintage Black. And it honestly came out perfectly. I wrote a bunch of copy in the items themselves, so here's the TLDR

1) The base is of medium-heavyweight cotton fleece that's plush and strong. I think it cuts the perfect balance. It's way thicker and more durable than the average Hanes or whatever, but a lot softer and easier to layer than things like Supreme or Reigning Champ. It drapes nicely due to the sturdy weight, but you can still layer it under a jacket.

2) Our dyehouse is the best. Same people that do the Sashiko, so the tones are vibrant and colorfast. Our old hoodies were kind of wonky with colors, but these are perfect iterations of the three colors IMO.

3) The garment is all white and then run thru a bath after makeup, so there's some cool and very subtle fading effects around the seams. It's all made in South Central LA.

4) Sizing is right were it should be. If you wear an Epaulet Medium or 38, then get a Medium in this. If you take a Large or a 40, then get a Large. It's super easy.

5) This initial run has 20 units per color, sizes M, L, and XL. Use the code fairfax15 to save 15% until Saturday. It makes the price $80.75, which is really unbeatable for this garment.

View attachment 1436003
FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN INDIGO

View attachment 1436004
FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN VINTAGE BLACK

View attachment 1436005
FAIRFAX HOODED SWEATSHIRT IN OLIVE DRAB

Hey Eva, I'm between sizes here — typically better XXL is better for me in chainstitch than XL. But I comfortably take a 44 in the Doyle. Do you think XL would fit?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Eva, I'm between sizes here — typically better XXL is better for me in chainstitch than XL. But I comfortably take a 44 in the Doyle. Do you think XL would fit?

Yup, absolutely.. the XL is going to be a great fit on you. I'd confidently say that any XXL shirt customer here (or jacket 44) could wear the XL. You're going to love it!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet Epaulet watches!

Btw Eva your daughter is absurdly adorable, what I wouldn't give to be even a quarter as photogenic

Haha, yeah I wish that our Epaulet watches looked just like the Oysterquartz. It's still the single greatest Rolex value IMO. Easily my favorite watch out there.

And thank you for the kind words on Josie... I appreciate it! She's definitely hamming it up these days. Last night she took the karaoke machine into our driveway and shouted out all of "Mr. Vain" and "Dangerzone" for the whole neighborhood. She picks up these songs from Netflix, and it's pretty hilarious.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Deadline to Order Custom LA Clothing in Stripes, Denim, Chambray, Canvas, Twill, and Ripstop

Whew, that title is a mouthful. Just a heads-up that custom orders for over 50+ casual fabrics will close tonight for Doyle, Sinclair, Rivet Chinos, and Wilhelm Chinos. We're looking at an early September delivery, so get your orders in today if you want these pieces for the very start of Fall. We'll offer them again in the future, but the next delivery will probably be close to Thanksgiving.

There's four links to order from. Two overall fabric categories are each available in Jackets and Pants....

MADE TO ORDER DOYLE & SINCLAIR JACKET IN CANVAS, TWILL, AND DENIM

MADE TO ORDER RIVET & WILHELM CHINO IN CANVAS, TWILL, AND DENIM

MADE TO ORDER DOYLE & SINCLAIR JACKET IN PRINTS, STRIPES, RIPSTOP, CHAMBRAY

MADE TO ORDER RIVET & WILHELM CHINO IN PRINTS, STRIPES, RIPSTOP, CHAMBRAY

And, since everyone loves macro fabric pics, check the textures on these...

Doyle Field Grey Ripstop.jpg
Rivet Field Grey Ripstop.jpg
Rivet Variegated Stripe Cuff.jpg
Rivet Oxblood Denim Cuff.jpg
Rivet Triple Weave Cuff.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you do a cuff on the finished inseam and do we need to account for shrinkage when we designate an inseam length?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you do a cuff on the finished inseam and do we need to account for shrinkage when we designate an inseam length?

I’d say to plan for a half inch of shrinkage and err on the longer side in general for any cotton or cotton blend pant that you want to wash.

If you want a cuff then we can do that, yeah. Just put it into the checkout notes.

so if you want a 2” cuff and you take a 32” inseam on dress pants...id suggest getting a 32.5 and ask for a 2” cuff in checkout notes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads