• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am hoping someone from the Epaulet team can help me get a status update on an order placed on May 22nd for an MTO Sinclair (Order #49892). I've tried emailing a couple of times but have received no response, one week later. Hoping I was just overlooked and will be receiving some good news soon. Thanks!

Hey there, thanks for your order! That's coming through with our Matka & Linen group, which should be through in a week or so.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Is the last round of stuff from Gitman DOA? There was a shirt from the October order that I never received. Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Heads up... three things for today:

1) I got about 30 Hertling trousers from our backorder. Going to get them packed and shipped with a quickness

2) We're going to reopen the big custom order item for Doyles, Sinclairs, Rivets, and Wilhelms. These are all the denim fabrics, ripstops, canvas, etc. We have a few stragglers from the first round arriving in a week or so, but this one should go through quickly and smooth. If you want any custom pieces for the start of Fall, this will be for an early Sept ship. I'll send this out via our newsletter today.

3) I'm going to try for Instagram Live around 2:30 PST. Got a lot of gonzo stuff to show, including a full crystal wash sashiko suit. Should be fun!

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B19084A9-0868-45CE-9A49-3FB0D5F2691F.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OH ****

i haven't posted in here in a long time
but ep ts are my favorite ever and i was a t guy before we were all t guys; i've still got over a dozen of the originals in sorta rotation. very excited to see them come back. for me though the only issue wasn't individual qc (i've got at least one black one that's almost the same color as the gray [concrete iirc?] ones, the dye stability was a feature not a bug, and outside of the odd and easily fixed seam falling out they've v much held up) but consistency: i probably gave away a third of the ones i bought due to them coming up short after a couple washes (always hung to dry i swear!) and/or belling out weirdly at the hem. i still bought loads of them because the ones that hit absolutely ruled.

also, eva, you saw about body elite gym, right?

Hey Dougie,

Sorry for the late reply -- it's great to see you again and hope that everyone is well! @dougie

And whew, yeah I saw all about Body Elite. For everyone else, this was our local Brooklyn gym which just straight up collapsed a little while ago. That was a mixture of sad and scary for me. I was a member for years there and used to leave my daughter in their daycare while I worked out. The building was always wonky and misaligned, but that was par for the course. I'm just grateful that it was empty when it finally fell down.

Yeah, our OG knit production was a little hit or miss those days, but glad that you still got some good use out of them. These new pieces are going to be a vast improvement. Visually, there's a little similar, but the construction is better, the fabric is thicker, and dye & wash is way better.

That last part is really the crucial one... my current dye house is the best that I've worked with. We've probably done over 4,000 dyed Sashiko garments at this point, and the color fidelity has been remarkable. They use quality dyes and they're conscientious on wash times and processes. Plus, they're in South Central as well, so it's entirely a neighborhood product.

The hoodies just came through and they are PERFECT. Launch colors will be Navy, Olive Drab, and Vintage Black. The weight on on par with a Canadian-made Supreme hoodie from years ago (that was my benchmark), but the dye and silicone wash makes it way softer. I'm gonna photograph them on our dude @L.I.T. on Monday and they launch Tuesday AM. T-shirts... long and short sleeve... should come around the end of the month. I'll probably keep the sweats kind of basic and easy, but we can go HAM on the tees. With a retail of $45, I think that our customers will feel a lot more comfortable getting a nutzo wash effect piece (like tiedye or crystal wash) with a tee, versus a $110 hoodie. It's also rad to layer that tee under a more subdued jacket.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
POST YOUR WEEKEND FITS

Hey everyone,

I know that there's a lot of Rivet Shorts and Sashiko pieces and custom shirts out there! If you have some time, snap a photo or two and post it in our.......

Fit Contest with Overt Skincare.

It's definitely my ambition to do this monthly, and to try to do it in tandem with rotating partners and sponsors. I think most of us are feeling isolated these days -- I surely am. Instagram doesn't allow for easy discussion and Facebook is pretty much an unbelievable **** show of negativity, so I'd love to make this space more of a community area. If we can get good traction on this contest, then we'll definitely do more. And Styleforum will probably throw more support behind them, as they love anything that gets online users engaged.

You can post one pic every day, so there's still four opportunities to enter before the close on Tuesday night. And don't worry if you're not good at photography... there's three prizes, and one of them is awarded by a random draw. So anyone who enters - regardless of the pic - has a real chance of winning. It just needs to be a recent-ish photo of you wearing something from Epaulet.

Oh and to that end, if anyone out there runs their own business and wants to partner on a future fit contest, then let me know. It doesn't have to be a physical product, you could also offer some kind of professional service to the winner. We'll figure out the cost of the prizes, and I'll compensate you with Epaulet store credit. I think it's a lot more interesting to have our competitors win something from another thread member, and to give that person's business some great visibility to the community on here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ I thought this was going to go somewhere else:

Here we go
Once upon a time not long ago
When people wore pajamas and lived life slow

In other news - My Ny/Co shorts arrived and the material is awesome. These are perfect. The only thing that could improve them would be mesh pocket bags to make them a little more “all weather” but that’s a minor quibble.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads