• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive drab. Pacific Blue. Vintage Black. Pacific Blue being the standout.

slows2k

Reaction score
Ah yeah, I miss our belt collection.. we should really consider bringing that back.

Count me in on this one too. I have a couple belts from years back that are still my go-tos on a daily basis. I kick myself for not snagging one or two more from the last run.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Pacific blue and the two Hazes are my favorites.

Cosmic Wash needs more wolves.

• Haha
Reactions: jms

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the olive and pacific blue. I own so much blue and green though. That cosmic has me thinking a bronze/copper hoodie would be cool.
Second olive and pacific.
Olive drab. Pacific Blue. Vintage Black. Pacific Blue being the standout.
I like Olive as well, but I think Indigo Haze is insane!
Olive Drab and Ancient Iron.
Pacific blue and the two Hazes are my favorites.
Cosmic Wash needs more wolves.

Thanks guys this is great feedback! I'm going to do this poll on on Instagram too, but Olive is for sure.

Count me in on this one too. I have a couple belts from years back that are still my go-tos on a daily basis. I kick myself for not snagging one or two more from the last run.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy to hear that you're pleased with them. I'm trying to think about how I could get back into the belts but do it in a smarter way. The business of selling these was alright, and TBH the main reason why we dropped them is because my former business partner went Vegan and no longer wanted to offer leather goods.

But I did take a ton of returns on them, which was frustrating. Two things would happen:

1) Belt sizing is weird. You have to go up one size from your waist size (order a 34 if you wear a 32 pant), and even though this was clearly explained, a lot of guys wouldn't read that and would buy belts which were too small. Maybe it's smart to have the factory size everything up one, and that way you just buy the belt that goes with your chino size.

2) Color tones and screen fidelity is hard. I shot the belts in studio, in natural light, and on video. But guys would still have a hard time properly assessing the color. I had countless customers ordering a brown or cognac belt and then return them because the color didn't exactly align with their shoes. And of course it wouldn't, as the shoes came from an entirely different vendor, and were made of an entirely different leather. I don't know if this is just an unavoidable part of the belt business, but man.. my return rate on a simple brown leather belt was like 45% due to this.

Maybe things would be different now that I'm out of the footwear business?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOODIE COLORWAY OPINIONS

Hey guys,

This is kind of last minute, but our Prepare-For-Dye hoodies are scheduled to finish tomorrow. I'm thinking to get them dyed with a quickness, and we can launch as soon as the end of next week.

I'm thinking that we can do two colors and maybe one crazy dye effect. Here's a few dye samples that caught my eye.. would love to know what you think of it. I'd love to hear your top three favorites, and feel free to post any other thoughts...

Here's the white base garment...

View attachment 1432363

Will there be an option for an undyed hoodie? I like that creamy white the best and if I were to order one, that's what I'd want.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy to hear that you're pleased with them. I'm trying to think about how I could get back into the belts but do it in a smarter way. The business of selling these was alright, and TBH the main reason why we dropped them is because my former business partner went Vegan and no longer wanted to offer leather goods.

But I did take a ton of returns on them, which was frustrating. Two things would happen:

1) Belt sizing is weird. You have to go up one size from your waist size (order a 34 if you wear a 32 pant), and even though this was clearly explained, a lot of guys wouldn't read that and would buy belts which were too small. Maybe it's smart to have the factory size everything up one, and that way you just buy the belt that goes with your chino size.

2) Color tones and screen fidelity is hard. I shot the belts in studio, in natural light, and on video. But guys would still have a hard time properly assessing the color. I had countless customers ordering a brown or cognac belt and then return them because the color didn't exactly align with their shoes. And of course it wouldn't, as the shoes came from an entirely different vendor, and were made of an entirely different leather. I don't know if this is just an unavoidable part of the belt business, but man.. my return rate on a simple brown leather belt was like 45% due to this.

I've got a belt from you that I bought a bunch of years back and is still holding up very nicely... and I can finally wear it again after a few years now that I've lost about 30 pounds!

As for point 1) I think that sizing up 2" on a belt over your waist size is industry standard. I can understand the desire to "simplify" the process and making a 36" and tagging it as a 34 in order to correspond to a pair of 34" Rivets but then I think it gets confusing for people who know how to size a belt correctly. You could also go with CM sizing for belts and then include a chart on the page with conversions to what pant size you should get? Since this is 'Murica and we don't use that commie metric system, all your customers would be force to step back for a moment and actually read what they are ordering before messing it up.

Point 2) Well, I think that is unavoidable in the online belt shopping game. Though I agree that people shouldn't expect colors on leather belts from one manufacturer to match leather shoes from another manufacturer. Hell, I wouldn't even expect a brown CXL belt from Rancourt to exactly match a pair of brown CXL shoes from Rancourt that I bought on the same day! People need to check their expectations (I'm glad I don't run a retailer as you must be a much more patient person than I am).

Maybe now that you are out of the shoe game there would be slightly fewer belt returns for this reason since customers wouldn't be buying shoes and belts from you at the same time and maybe their minds wouldn't constantly be trying to make that connection? Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will there be crewnecks as well or just hoodies? A Pacific Blue crewneck would be great.

Also, regarding leather goods - in addition to the belt, I thought the portfolios and zippered pouches were particularly great in terms of a quality/price perspective. Would probably be interested in more items along those lines.

slows2k

Reaction score

Maybe things would be different now that I'm out of the footwear business?

People sure are funny... there was always a sizing guide right on the product page :-/. I would say keep the industry standard sizing and maybe try to make sizing recommendations as visible as possible. I think it might be more confusing for a greater number of people if you changed from the industry standard there.

To the second point, if color representation was an issue could you include a reference picture with say, the same pair of shoes with each belt? If you had a standard brown pair of dress shoes and put each belt up to it in one of the pics, people might be able to see how the colors compare with some context. Alternatively, you could use a white sneaker maybe, since I would think it would provide a lot of contrast making the belt color stand out more.

But yeah I would be all about Epaulet releasing more belts down the road, particularly if they were more casual like a lot of the last ones. I don't have much use for dress belts and I found your casual ones could usually still be worn with a sport coat/tie combo, so they were definitely the most versatile.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate all of the feedback. For this first round, we’re going with the favorites of Vintage Black, Olive Drab, and Pacific Blue..

7110DF45-99DF-4E89-96F1-B39FAD299735.jpeg

I think that we can launch these next Thursday! The hand on them is super plush and they have a really strong, sturdy weight. This garment dye process softens everything up beautifully. They’re a world away from the zip hoodies that we did a few years back. It’s really exciting!

dougie

Reaction score
Long Sleeve Tubular Knit Tee Sample

Okay, I know that this solid t-shirt pic isn't going to set the world on fire, but I'm pretty freaking excited about it. This is made in LA, out of comfortable thick jersey, the dye treatment is punchy and consistent, and the sizing is PERFECT. And it's a tubular knit piece with no side seams.

For such a simple garment, it's surprisingly difficult to get all of those details right. We're all ready to go, so expect to see our first t-shirts released in August! I'll post up some color options later this week to get feedback on what we should do. I'm thinking 2 colors for our very first release. Pricing is going to be $35 for short sleeve, $45 for long sleeve, and they'll be a 15% off code for launch.

And... am I insane, or would it be dope to do some washed out fluorescent tones (no graphics) like this?

View attachment 1428711 View attachment 1428712 View attachment 1428713

OH ****

i haven't posted in here in a long time
but ep ts are my favorite ever and i was a t guy before we were all t guys; i've still got over a dozen of the originals in sorta rotation. very excited to see them come back. for me though the only issue wasn't individual qc (i've got at least one black one that's almost the same color as the gray [concrete iirc?] ones, the dye stability was a feature not a bug, and outside of the odd and easily fixed seam falling out they've v much held up) but consistency: i probably gave away a third of the ones i bought due to them coming up short after a couple washes (always hung to dry i swear!) and/or belling out weirdly at the hem. i still bought loads of them because the ones that hit absolutely ruled.

also, eva, you saw about body elite gym, right?

joydivisi0n

Reaction score
I am hoping someone from the Epaulet team can help me get a status update on an order placed on May 22nd for an MTO Sinclair (Order #49892). I've tried emailing a couple of times but have received no response, one week later. Hoping I was just overlooked and will be receiving some good news soon. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads