• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @Epaulet ! Just thought I'd check in again on the eternal chestnut corduroy parkas -- any updates on these?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those look great!

Thanks! Really excited for these

Hi @Epaulet ! Just thought I'd check in again on the eternal chestnut corduroy parkas -- any updates on these?

Still on track, I think we'll be able to get them done right after this Silk Matka and Linen batch comes through fully

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rivet Chino Shorts

Hey guys! The shorts came in and they are freaking awesome. Our factory produced some extras of each fabric, and I've got them online now. You can order your typical Rivet Chino size, and the leg diameter should work for every Rivet customer and the majority of Wilhelm/Rudy customers. The bottom has a simple stitched hem, so it's easy to have them hemmed a bit shorter if you want.

The first five are made of "NYCO," a military-spec combination of 50% nylon and 50% cotton. It's a technical lightweight cloth that's comfortable, strong, water-resistant (for those Summertime showers), and perfect to wear right now. The last short is a cotton-ripstop digital camo that's also light and perfect for warmer days. We won't have restocks, so grab a pair now if need some new shorts in your life!

Rivet Short Navy Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NYLON/COTTON NAVY: $115

Rivet Short British Khaki Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NYLON/COTTON BRITISH KHAKI: $115

Rivet Short Olive Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NYLON/COTTON MOSS: $115

Rivet Short Khaki Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NYLON/COTTON KHAKI: $115

Rivet Short Mocha Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NYLON/COTTON MOCHA: $115

Rivet Short Digicam Main.jpg

RIVET CHINO SHORT NAVY DIGICAM RIPSTOP: $115

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat tangential, but Hertling's masks are really great. I personally have comfort issues w/ the ones that loop around my ears and I often run into issues w/ fogging up my glasses. The pleated ones that tie around your head that Hertling has are far and away the most comfortable ones I've found and they form a really tight seal as well.

I like their masks too. I think of the 4 or 5 different types I have tried they are probably the best and featured with the string ties, nose stay, and laundry and carry bags that come with it.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eva,

I am starting the hunt for quality dress belts. I purchased a pair of amazing CXL belts from you when you were doing an in-house line, but now that has ended, where do you recommend first looking?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Pretty psyched with today’s mail. The middle shirt is cut to try to replicate the boxy cut of the Gitman camp shirts:

6D7F9341-608E-4902-87F9-E86AC4BE63B2.jpeg

Eva, I have one request, which is that there be an indication somewhere when shipments partially fulfill an order. The shipment confirmation lists the full order and nothing on or in the package marks it as 1 of 2.

Thanks!

Edit: I love all of these fabrics, but the Albini linen is amazing!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eva,

I am starting the hunt for quality dress belts. I purchased a pair of amazing CXL belts from you when you were doing an in-house line, but now that has ended, where do you recommend first looking?

Ah yeah, I miss our belt collection.. we should really consider bringing that back. I'd say to check out Trafalgar belts... they used to do private label for Saks and I always found them fairly priced and well made.

View attachment 1432047
The “new” go to the office uniform. Linen Doyle and navy stripe seersucker Individualized shirt. And mask.

Super good... this whole fit is awesome!

Pretty psyched with today’s mail. The middle shirt is cut to try to replicate the boxy cut of the Gitman camp shirts:

View attachment 1432048

Eva, I have one request, which is that there be an indication somewhere when shipments partially fulfill an order. The shipment confirmation lists the full order and nothing on or in the package marks it as 1 of 2.

Thanks!

Edit: I love all of these fabrics, but the Albini linen is amazing!

Thank you so much, these came out beautiful! And yes, you're definitely right. At this point, with merchandise coming in so scattershot, I'm just kind of shipping things as they arrive. But you're right, we typically fill just the pieces that have actually come in. It'll get cleaned up for the Fall.

Is that fit contest still kicking off this week?

Yup, it's posted now!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
contest key image.jpg

Hope that everyone is healthy out there! Since we could all use a reason to get dressed up, we're thrilled to announce a new Epaulet fit contest. Our friends at Overt Skincare are going to both judge the contest and furnish the prizes. We're giving away over $400 of merchandise to the winners!!

Here's how it works:

1) The contest will run from today (7/28) through Tuesday, August 4th

2) Post your pics IN THE DEDICATED CONTEST THREAD. You can post a maximum of one picture per day. And it's totally fine to post up stuff that you recently posted here (like @suuteebird 's amazing linen doyle pic)

3) All photos must feature at least one piece of Epaulet-branded clothing or footwear

4) All photos should be fairly recent. It's okay if the Epaulet items were purchased a while ago, but the spirit of the contest is to show how we're dressing in these crazy COVID times. So it's okay to pose this week in trousers from 2013, but not to post a photo from 2013.

5) Rory from Overt will select the winners on Wednesday August 5th. The prizes are as follows below. First and Second place will be chosen on the merits of the fits and photo skills. He'll also choose a winner via a random drawing. So that way, every SF member that enters has a chance of winning!

FIRST PLACE: A full set of five Overt skincare serums (worth $225)

SECOND PLACE: A duo of two Overt skincare serums (worth $95)

RANDOM WINNER: A duo of two Overt skincare serums (worth $95)

Can't wait to see what you guys submit. Maximize your chances by posting a photo every day!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HOODIE COLORWAY OPINIONS

Hey guys,

This is kind of last minute, but our Prepare-For-Dye hoodies are scheduled to finish tomorrow. I'm thinking to get them dyed with a quickness, and we can launch as soon as the end of next week.

I'm thinking that we can do two colors and maybe one crazy dye effect. Here's a few dye samples that caught my eye.. would love to know what you think of it. I'd love to hear your top three favorites, and feel free to post any other thoughts...

Here's the white base garment...

IMG_3979.jpg

And now... four solid colors that I liked....

Hoodie Olive.jpg

Hoodie Pacific.jpg

Hoodie Iron.jpg

Hoodie Black.jpg

And three wash effects that I dug...

Hoodie Indigo.jpg

Hoodie Purple.jpg

Hoodie Cosmic.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads