• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
@Epaulet -
How is Individualized Shirts doing these days in terms of back log? I was thinking of ordering some more, but then I realized I still have an order outstanding from a while back.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Any update on the outstanding orders from Southwick? I know things are probably up in the air now that Brooks Brothers has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but…

esoxm

Reaction score
Finally got around to trying on the new shashiko Rivets from the quarantine promo - these are absolutely awesome. Will be ordering more in other colors - so comfy but still look sharp

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I got my frosty blue chambray Doyle from the latest promo and I love the material. However, the sleeve length, collar size, and body length are all huge! Feels like a size up from the rest of my 42s. And the collar is like 1970s street hustler big!

Would this shrink? I imagine the sleeve and body length wound; how about the collar?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got my frosty blue chambray Doyle from the latest promo and I love the material. However, the sleeve length, collar size, and body length are all huge! Feels like a size up from the rest of my 42s. And the collar is like 1970s street hustler big!

Would this shrink? I imagine the sleeve and body length wound; how about the collar?

LOL, you're implying that 1970s street hustler is a bad thing! Seriously though:

1) Go ahead and run that through a wash. Thicker, stiffer fabrics tend to look and feel bigger, particularly chambrays and denims. You see the same thing in raw denim jeans. It's the reason why I sold all of the denim bombers as pre-rinsed items.

2) If it's still way too big after the wash, then hit me up and we'll get it sorted out. All of the cutting for these custom items was done at home, as we were still in the midst of the shutdown. While mis-tagging of garments is really rare for our LA team, a mistake could have been made. If that's the case, then it's no problem at all to get it correctly remade and have that done quickly. We have plenty of that cloth.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Individualized Shirts Are Arriving

A bit slower than usual, but our Summer Individualized shirts are trickling in. These makeups are so boss!!

Individualized Apricot Oxford.jpg
Individualized Aubergine Madras.jpg
Individualized Liberty Madras.jpg
Individualized Teal Madras.jpg
Individualized Purple Madras.jpg
Individualized University Stripe.jpg
Individualized Indigo Linen.jpg

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, you're implying that 1970s street hustler is a bad thing! Seriously though:

1) Go ahead and run that through a wash. Thicker, stiffer fabrics tend to look and feel bigger, particularly chambrays and denims. You see the same thing in raw denim jeans. It's the reason why I sold all of the denim bombers as pre-rinsed items.

2) If it's still way too big after the wash, then hit me up and we'll get it sorted out. All of the cutting for these custom items was done at home, as we were still in the midst of the shutdown. While mis-tagging of garments is really rare for our LA team, a mistake could have been made. If that's the case, then it's no problem at all to get it correctly remade and have that done quickly. We have plenty of that cloth.
Same. While the body isn't terrible, I feel like I got 44 sleeves on a 40 jacket.

Uffda

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the Ikat elbow patches off a Doyle? Will there be any issues besides the small holes left behind?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the Ikat elbow patches off a Doyle? Will there be any issues besides the small holes left behind?

Ah.. you know I wouldn't recommend that, those were pretty big patches. If you really dislike the Ikat, you might consider trying to dye the patches on your own with something like RIT.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Oh wow it looks great! Thanks for posting the pic.

And honestly, I don't differentiate at all between customers who buy at full price or at markdown. I also value customers who buy second-hand... so much so that I started the Epaulet B-S-T thread here on Styleforum.

I've been at this for 12 years, and I'm still honored and grateful when someone chooses to wear my clothes. It makes no difference how they came to acquire it. Thanks for purchasing this shirt and hope that you enjoy it!

My first Epaulet pieces were a heavy grey shawl-collar wool cardigan, and a grape, black and white check Southwick/Epaulet jacket (which I LOVE), both from balearic1/Spoo off ebay - but that got me onto the brand, and I recently bought the cookies and cream shirt, and the Cone Mills Donegal trousers new. So second-hand often translates onto new customers too. I've got my eye on Doyle at some point too...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads